Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
QQ: does anyone know if the rear mats (6-seater) available on Tesla will fit the refresh? I already purchased the fronts but with 3 baseball players in the fam desperately need something for the rear.

The other option is to return the Tesla ones and get Tesmanian instead but if the Tesla-branded ones work that would be my preference!

Will keep everyone posted as I finish my at home inspection today and submit for service adjustments.
Lloyd mats are looking for someone to bring in their “22 for laser measurements. They have the front 2 mats and one poster has already confirmed they fit properly. Based on that, Inalso irdered the fronts. Now if someone in/near LA will be so kind to “take less than an hour” of their time for measurements, we can all order the rest of the pads for the second/third and storage areas.

Ordered XLR Blue/Black no FAD on 29th January 2021. Finally got an EDD that's close. It keeps slipping by a few days periodically. Now show EDD of May 31 - June 19th. Have set Renton as the pickup point. Best guess is June 19th because that'll be the fourth anniversary of my current XLR's delivery... Still no VIN and no valuation of my trade-in. Have to be over in Seattle next Tuesday and will stop by Renton to confer about things...
Patience, patience.....
Expect to keep the sunshade and possibly the mobile charging connector. Depends on which plugs come with the new X. Have a charging station in the garage with a NEMA 14-50 receptacle. Would prefer to keep that.
We'll see.....

Reactions: Hebert
Just looked today for first time in about 2 days, and at some point in that time my EDD tighten from the 5 week window I had (June 15 to July 20) to a better 3 week window now of June 16 to July 7. Guess I am heading in the right direction, but still no VIN.

OOD 5/1/21 / LR / 7 / Black / Black / 20s / FSD / Cash / No Trade-in / Northern VA
lol ngl
Somehow I was glancing over this thread and misread your post as saying

“Just looked for the first time in two years”
😄

Expect to keep the sunshade and possibly the mobile charging connector. Depends on which plugs come with the new X. Have a charging station in the garage with a NEMA 14-50 receptacle. Would prefer to keep that.
We'll see.....
If you trade/sale your old tesla, I would keep those parts. I doubt new X will come with shade or nema 14-50 adapter for mobile charger.
I will pickup in Renton too.

Reactions: Elixir
Europe is still watching USA… does anyone have had any change on his order? No EDD for Europe, not even a date range. We’re still blocked on this page… Very frustrating…
9291C0F7-570B-4FCA-8726-861134A352CC.png

Whiplash; edd changed from placeholder to 6/30–9/20…. About 10 days later than the first time. How does one make sense of this.
Are you reading all the posts here?! there's 0 sense and 0 meaning.
Why is it so difficult for many here to understand that?
people here including myself went from dec-apr 23 to Vin with 1 week delivery window...Stop looking at those EDD you're just stressing yourself.

Are you reading all the posts here?! there's 0 sense and 0 meaning.
Why is it so difficult for many here to understand that?
people here including myself went from dec-apr 23 to Vin with 1 week delivery window...Stop looking at those EDD you're just stressing yourself.
Yeah but then all of a sudden you’ll get a window of delivery in an hour ala our own mod @bmah ‘s experience! 😆🤯

That was the one and only case of something like that...there was a car available and he was next in line for that location but even that is just another proof for 0 sense and 0 meaning.

Actually no my car was always “mine” as far as I know, but it was in QC for four weeks. And someone else had a similar situation a month or so later, can’t remember who it was.

Definitely (and thankfully) unusual though!

Bruce.

As a Plaid owner for a few months, I’d like to point out a very important but often not noticed feature of the Model X doors. You do NOT need to shut the door manually. Just press the door “open” button on the hand grip when departing. (Note: there is an emergency door open lever button on the armrest but I’ve never used it.). After the door opens, just press the button again as you are departing, the door will power close behind you! Make sure you get out of the way before the door shuts on you, it has a slight delay so not hard to do. Takes a few times to get used to but my teenage kids have it mastered. Agree that they are difficult to close manually. Ironically, when I first picked up my car a few months ago, one service advisor did not know the “open” door button also worked as a “close“ feature. I rarely ever push my driver door closed, just press the button. Interestingly, when I failed to push it on the way out from the driver side and walked away, the door shut when I reach 15’ from the car and it locked. Must have been my settings but it saved me from walking back to the car to shut it manually. Now that’s technology.
Yes, but old habits die hard. Can't the thing feel me or my wife nudge it and 'take us home' by closing the door like my 2018? Didja guys get rid of that sensor that gets this communication? Sometimes I can't wait to walk 10 or 30 feet from the car for the door to close-- I need it closed like right now there's like, traffic. I don't want to search for the close button, 1, because it doesn't activate on first try, 2) now I need to dodge my own door since I'm already dodging traffic cuz it could be dodgy. I love my Dodgers, but sometimes its just enough to be too much effort to school people riding in Tesla for the first time. Or I could hit the outside door handle button but I have to use my thumb on one side of the door and my two fingers to push with enough strength to the outside handle to make it close-- too much dexterity and angles needed. 90% of the time I love the auto close and rest of the time I need something different. You've Tesla engineers already made auto close better, actually in some ways. Now if it auto door opens but only a crack, then sits there while you get something out of the trunk and head back to your house door, refresh closes the cracked door which it didn't do before. Fabulous!
But if it's not too much to ask, Tesla engineers that are watching these threads, please give us back nudge anywhere outside of the door to autoclose, please think about it!

Swivel screen as it is, isn’t as good as it could be. It is either “swivel fully right” or swivel fully left” (at least from what I saw in a video) not like the mirrors which you can adjust to your exact liking. So at least for now, I’m not impressed and I don’t think you missed out on anything. (Tesla may improve that)
Things Tesla Owners Say: Watch this
Me: I want that screen to tilt up for taller drivers why doesn't it and can't it see 2 butts in the seats at the Supercharger and go back to neutral automatically?

:) Tesla gives us an embarrassment of riches, and first thing we do is want even more.

Picked up yesterday and overall I was impressed with the build quality. Only 1 rear bumper alignment problem that should be able to get adjusted easy. There was a small dent on the rear deck lid behind the spoiler and right next to it some small paint chip that had touch up paint already. They said they would fix all these in a service appointment. I don’t care much about the paint anyways since I plan to Line-X it soon so it will be almost bulletproof. No issues at all with the FWDs. Swivel screen and new charge port / taillights. The yolk is fine. Not sure I’m a fan since I’m usually a 1 hand at 12 o’clock driver. Autopilot seems to work a lot better than the 2020 MY performed. Ride is very quiet, smooth, and FAST! Overall very happy with the MX… much more than I was with the MY.

View attachment 809779View attachment 809782View attachment 809781
Love it and enjoy your beast. Agua Dulce?