Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't use it. I often park in the middle of a parking lot away from other cars so I can go forward over the empty facing spot. In high school ages ago the police officer said that if everything is clear, that was much safer than backing out of a spot for most people.
Mine came with a Telsa branded version of this Samsung 128 GB Bar stick installed. This is the unit I used in my previous X and the unit from Tesla seems to be working fine in my 2022 X.
Ha, ha, mine did too! I was looking in the wrong place, I didn't know they moved it to the glovebox. In my 2018 Model 3, it's in the console.

Just curious for the ones that have already accepted delivery. How many are using the predictive shifting? The X is supposed to make an educated guess on Drive vs Reverse based on how the car is positioned and other obstacles and such. I'm just curious if most find it really handy or have turned off that feature. Also, can that feature be part of your driver profile? I kind of like the idea of using it but my wife will probably hate it.
I used it for a while, but all it does is prompt you to press on the brake rather than swipe the screen... it doesn't really save a step and made the whole process more cumbersome for me. I turned it off.

EDA2D8EB-4130-4034-ABE5-08C7B1C250EC.jpeg

Cream color is absolutely gorgeous, so much more inviting than our white MY IMO

So...After 11 months and 3 days, it arrived!
Picked up today, They wanted me to accept the car before i could go in and i refused so they called a supervisor and not only he let me inspect the car but he also allowed me to test drive it.
To be honest i was ready to reject to some minor issues which i will explain in a bit.
After short test drive, i said to myself....This car is mine and rejection is NOT an option...I LOVE IT!
The cream interior is so much better than the previous cream Tesla had, so much softer and lighter...AMAZING!

You definitely won't regret if your car comes in acceptable condition.

The issues are...
1. 1" Paint chip by the roof next to the FWD
2. Minor scratch on the inside of the door frame
3. Panel is a ever so slightly too tight by the headlight
4. FWD seal a bit banded and twisted

Interior issues...NON, absolutely perfect.
Issues were documented and i believe will be addressed since they are fairly minor.

Thanks to this community for all of the heads up and information including the checklist.

Honestly i didn't expect to love the car that much but i do.

Lastly, i'm sorry but i cannot justify the plaid, it wasn't a money decision when i decided to go LR and power is the last thing this machine is missing.
Hope you all will get your car sooner than later

Picked up today, They wanted me to accept the car before i could go in and i refused so they called a supervisor and not only he let me inspect the car but he also allowed me to test drive it.
To be honest i was ready to reject to some minor issues which i will explain in a bit.
After short test drive, i said to myself....This car is mine and rejection is NOT an option...I LOVE IT!
The cream interior is so much better than the previous cream Tesla had, so much softer and lighter...AMAZING!

The issues are...

Issues were documented and i believe will be addressed since they are fairly minor.

Thanks to this community for all of the heads up and information including the checklist.

Lastly, i'm sorry but i cannot justify the plaid, it wasn't a money decision when i decided to go LR and power is the last thing this machine is missing.
You were ready to reject due to that small list? Man I’d be excited if that’s the only stuff wrong!

So, I had an october EDD and then this week a VIN showed up with a date of June 8-12 and a text stating that the car was en route from the factory. I placed the order “on hold” until August 1 as we will be out of state all summer on a 5k mile road trip. Has anyone done a “hold” here before? It says I should click “I’m ready” whenever I’m available but I’m thinking I should click that button in July so they’ll have a car ready by early August…

Attachments

• 5505BC23-E0B5-4695-97CC-6EE08708E07E.jpeg
    5505BC23-E0B5-4695-97CC-6EE08708E07E.jpeg
    461.7 KB · Views: 79

The issues are...

Why can’t they wrap these cars when leaving the factory like a German vehicle!? It can’t be that expensive and would cut all these issues.

Reactions: bobusn
So, I had an october EDD and then this week a VIN showed up with a date of June 8-12 and a text stating that the car was en route from the factory. I placed the order “on hold” until August 1 as we will be out of state all summer on a 5k mile road trip. Has anyone done a “hold” here before? It says I should click “I’m ready” whenever I’m available but I’m thinking I should click that button in July so they’ll have a car ready by early August…
Sounds risky, I would find a way to take a quick flight mid-trip to pick up your car... lest it is another year before you get it. My guess is they will give your car to someone else if you put it on hold.