Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got text at about 2pm this afternoon that I have a VIN. #3409xx. It was immediately in the online account but did not show up on app until about 6pm. EDD change to June 9 - 15. Still moving in right direction.

ODD 5/1/21 / LR / black on black / 20" / 7 seater / cash / no trade-in / Northern VA
I am a little concerned about my VIN. Again, just got today, but seems to lower than others I have seen recently. Don't know what that means. I hope I still get the swivel screen.

They used to come with the older MS/MX cars. I saved mine from my 2017 MX and moved it to my 2022 fob. The 2022 fob even still has the loop under the cover to add the ring.. You also might be able to pick up an old or broken fob on ebay just for the ring.
View attachment 810532
You are smarter than me... I foolishly gave both of my fob rings to Tesla with my 2016 MX trade-in not knowing they didn't provide them anymore. :confused: On the bright side, I don't really need a fob anymore with the phone app.

So the cop lied to me. What a surprise
The appropriate response when a cop has pulled you over and then informs you they aren’t going to cite you is “Thank you so much, officer.” Questioning the validity of their “decision” is a fool’s errand. Getting into an argument with a cop is bringing a knife to a gun fight. Once you have a lawyer, however, it’s the cop that’s likely screwed.

Super shocked, my EDD just went from Nov-Jan 2023 to having an assigned VIN!

VIN: 7SAXCDE53NF344XXX

Ordered 7/24/21
White/White, 5 seater, no FSD, 22" wheels.
Yeah the placeholders mean nothing just like july meant nothing and dozens of us got VINs while having “July” generically.

They must have felt like it was better to under promise and over deliver with these new long dated EDDs they’ve been using since around March.