Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dang. Jealous of everyone that ordered after me and getting it before me.

My order date was today! 6/1/2021. My anniversary! Red/Black int/20”/7 seater/no FSD

Like everyone, my EDd moved from 7/2022 to Jan-apr 2023 and then to 6/11-7/2 and then yo 6/8-6/24 a few days later and hasn’t changed since. So being hopeful and the date sticks! Checking app every hour for VIN LOL
Your timing is pretty close to mine. I ordered June-16, 2021. I was stuck on a three week target, June 10 thru July 1. This morning I was pushed back eight days, now June 18 thru July 8. I am sure they are trying to stack rail shipments. Mine will likely be routed through Chicago.

Reactions: kaze
One interesting thing i'm noticing from the spreadsheet is that very few orders with 22" wheels are getting VINned recently. Cream interiors and orders in the Pacific region are kind of in the same boat. Hopefully that is just due to batching and not supply issues, and things pick back up. Given we are hitting the 3rd month of the quarter the general expectation is that Pacific deliveries start ramping up.

One interesting thing i'm noticing from the spreadsheet is that very few orders with 22" wheels are getting VINned recently. Cream interiors and orders in the Pacific region are kind of in the same boat. Hopefully that is just due to batching and not supply issues, and things pick back up. Given we are hitting the 3rd month of the quarter the general expectation is that Pacific deliveries start ramping up.
Looks like over past month 20 inch to 22 inch rims are 36 to 6...
Does seem significant as I don't believe that 85% of all pending orders are 20 inch rims.

**Correction, when I look at the spreadsheet with a breakdown 20 inch to 22 inch rims, it appears a 76% of the rims on the spreadsheet are 20's. So there is that....

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: DelPhonic1

My order date was today! 6/1/2021. My anniversary! Red/Black int/20”/7 seater/no FSD

Like everyone, my EDd moved from 7/2022 to Jan-apr 2023 and then to 6/11-7/2 and then yo 6/8-6/24 a few days later and hasn’t changed since. So being hopeful and the date sticks! Checking app every hour for VIN LOL
Tell me about it. At least you have a good EDD though. My stupid EDD is 9/11-11/06 and I ordered May 10th 21 🤦🏼‍♂️

I'm in the same boat, ordered my 7 LR X in early June '21 and got a late Sep 10-Nov 19th Etd when others are getting June-aug estimates w/ summer '21 orders. Hopefully at this point with Xs being made, that this will move up!
Don’t worry too much about your posted EDD. It can change anytime from Nov-Jan or Sept-Nov to specific dates in June to VIN within a day. It happened to my son’s MX order. And I think it happened to many others in this forum. The bottom line is you will get it when Tesla makes it. The problem is I don’t think Tesla know when they will make it and hence the jumpy EDD.

@zoomzoomx emailed Jorge and was told he had VIN assigned even though he cannot see it on the app. You can try his method and check. Here is the original post. Waiting Room: Model X 7 Seat ONLY

Reactions: Hebert and kaze
Hi everyone. I'm back. Picked up on April 7th. Car sat unused except for a few short in town trips and then to get PPFed on the front. And then it went in for the post delivery service appt to fix all the defects on May 6th. The original estimated completion time was two weeks. Then last week it moved to today (3 weeks), and then today it moved to Monday.

The car hasn't sat idle. The FWDs and rear hatch have been opened and closed dozens and dozens of times. I had a very large list. They asked why I accepted it with so many issues. I told them it was far better than the first one I rejected.

The sad thing is if I'd rejected it again, I'd the post EoQ car I would have finally gotten would have probably been near perfect and I'd have the swivel screen as well. Since they haven't yet started working on the power train issue (pulling to the left during acceleration), I'm guessing it will be at least Friday which would make it 1 month.

Again, I know they're working hard on it and they really want to get it right. It took 2 hours to check it in and go over everything in detail. They were very patient and used marking tape to mark every location where there was an issue.

So they just texted today and said they'll need it another week which will make it 4.5 weeks at that point. They sent it back to the body shop (tesla on site body shop) because they said it didn't pass their quality checks from the work done so far and they really want me to be happy with it. Meanwhile I've piled on 2K miles on the loaner 3 with fusc.

The sad thing is I'm way more familiar with the 3 than I am the X at this point as I've driven the 3 4x the miles I've driven the X :(

I am picking up MX Plaid on Tuesday, June 7.
Has anyone here removed a trade-in from their order and seen it affect their EDD? I'm contemplating removing mine and selling private party, but only if it wouldn't affect my current EDD (6/3-6/24)...
I would suggest that you wait until you get your VIN.

I got my VIN yesterday, and then called a local Tesla showroom for info. They said that I could change selections like financing and trade-in without any impact. I don't know whether there is a risk that your delivery date will change if you change those parameters before you get a VIN, but I don't believe there is any cost to making those changes post-VIN, so might as well wait.

Reactions: ductordoc
I don’t get it either. Don’t care for either thing. As long as I can see the screen and the lights light up the road, good enough. Don’t care about the angles of either feature.
I love the tilted display, since it feels comfortable glancing at that large screen. After driving Plaid, I think the matrix lights were overrated since the current lights shipping today are 2x brighter than my 2018. Especially lighting the way when activating the turn signals. I worry about blinding people going the opposite direction but so far no flashes.

Seriously, wtf is this pretentious bs? You got your car. Why are you even here and still reading? Does it make you feel better? You added no value. Move along.

And don’t try to explain things like we’re 5 and justify why we should or shouldn’t be feeling certain things. Your whole post comes off like you’re a know it all and we are toddlers that have no idea what’s going on in the real world. Gt***
Why would you have more right to be here than him? Show us that rule. He seems to understand the current state of the EV transition that you're not accepting. From the beginning, guys taking refresh deliveries stick around and give aid, comfort, and tons of good and some bad revelatory info to those still waiting. You trying to stop tradition? Car companies that put out 1/100th the amount of EV's that Tesla does, will have more time to wipe us new car buyers backsides-- a lot. They have plenty of time to do that since they're not making many EV's. He's been watching and listening to the 1000 industry troubles of ALL makes trying to follow Tesla and make EV's in volume and failing, he's just putting it all together. We want guys/gals here in this space that reflect. I'm all for that.

Last edited:
I love the tilted display, since it feels comfortable glancing at that large screen. After driving Plaid, I think the matrix lights were overrated since the current lights shipping today are 2x brighter than my 2018. Especially lighting the way when activating the turn signals. I worry about blinding people going the opposite direction but so far no flashes.
Thanks for mentioning the lights. I had the same impression that they were considerably brighter than my 2018 X.