Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did get a vin last week and the delivery date was mid June. But I have a business trip that it’s very hard for me to take delivery until beginning of July. So I went to the store the same day and talked to a delivery guy, who helped put my order on hold until July 1st. I just went to the store again and talked to the same guy. He told me that my order got flagged, which is normally for orders with long hold or rejected delivery. But my hold was just 1 week until now. He said it’s probably that my order date was long ago, for which they don’t allow for long hold. He said recently placed order can get up to 90 days hold. But my order date was end of Aug 2021, which is a “like new” one comparing to folks in this forum. The only possibility I can think of is that Tesla is playing tricks to cancel orders with old prices as much as possible, excepting that Tesla simply being irrational.
I guess they can put your order on hold but when you are ready to take delivery, I'm just wondering if the factory would be also ready to fulfill your order or not.

Joined the VIN club this morning. Survived all the mood swings (anger, denial, depression, acceptance) associated with the wild EDD changes for the past 14 months, then it locked into a three week window in June and today a four day window with the VIN. Order date was Apr 21. MX 5 seater, white exterior, black interior, 20 inch tires, and no FSD. VIN 7SAXCDE52NF34XXXX.

No text from the service center yet to schedule delivery so I'm assuming the delivery date will slide.

Picking up in Las Vegas.
My exact configuration! I pick up on June 8 in Colorado. Ordered two months before you on 1/29/21.

Reactions: BonB
Hi, Folks//

Curent car - 2018 XLR 100d - maybe 43k miles. In pretty good shape. Actually, pretty nice. Ordered XLR Blue/Black 20" on 29 January 2021. Have delivery scheduled for this Saturday (June 4th) at high noon in beautiful (!) Renton, WA. I've been with you guys for a long time and have gone through the heights and depths of whatever it is we're all going through.

Was stressing about the trade in value and had some serious difficulty getting the photos to Tesla. Just replaced my MacBook and the email is really messed up. Finally got the photos in (used a ten year old MacBook that I fortunately kept) and received my trade in value. Was sorta hoping for maybe $80k - dreaming, I guess. But... Anyway they came back with $77.6k, which I accepted. So, I'm getting my new Blue Bat for $24k. I'm happy.

Had the Bat washed and actually vacuumed the inside. Pulled the WeatherTech mats and had them pressure washed. They're going into the new X. Based on some advice given here I'll leave the mats in the car and put the old WeatherTechs on top. Hoping for some sound attenuation. Took the advice of someone else here and bought those gizmos that fit between the seats and the center console. They'll be winners. Also bought one of those aluminum fob holders thingies - it'll arrive tomorrow. So, generally I'm OK.

Now I have to get some bucks to Tesla. Seeking advice here. They suggest Plaid. Plaid wants my banking credentials and I am seriously not going to do that. I'd have to change account numbers and other credentials afterwards. Is there any way I can do an ACH to Tesla without giving up personal information? Is there any reason why they can't give me their account credentials and allow me to drop some bucks on them? I may have to bite the bullet and give then a cashiers check. Probably the safest way.

Any suggestions?

Bob

I guess they can put your order on hold but when you are ready to take delivery, I'm just wondering if the factory would be also ready to fulfill your order or not.
They may not be about to give me a car immediately once I’m ready. Instead, the next car with the same configuration comes to this location will be mine. I’m totally ok with it. This was what they have done in the past with others. Now seems like they changed the strategy for some reasons. At least in my case.

Hi All, I should be picking up my MX Plaid in a week. I ordered in my name but would like to register the car under my business (LLC). Does anyone know how to do this without having to register twice and possibly pay sales tax twice? I'm holding off on asking Tesla directly, lest they think I am trying to transfer the car to another owner and have them cancel my reservation as a result. I've waited long enough for this car.
Very easy if the car stays at the same account.
Call Tesla or your SA and tell them, you will Still need to have your name as well.
My registration is under my company but my personal name shows as well.

530 days and lots of issues later I finally took delivery of NF3396xx:

1654218626725.png

Got a bad news from Tesla. Last week, I put my order on hold for a month due to a business trip planned. Today, Tesla texted me saying I have to be ready in 10 days otherwise my order will be canceled and my deposit will not be returned. I thought this was sent mistakenly so I called Tesla. I was told this is true and it’s from the corporate team that the local store can’t do anything about it, regardless what I was told by the store last week that my order could be hold until July. The corporate really wants to deliver the car. So now the only option is telling them I’m ready and hope that it will take a couple of weeks to get a vin match and another 2 weeks for delivery. In this case, it will go to the beginning of July. Otherwise, I need to make a lot of changes for the business trip to take the delivery. Really frustrated by their action as a long time Tesla loyal customer.
We're potentially in that exact situation. If we end up out of the country, I will be providing power of attorney to my father so he can do the pickup. The risk is that there are issues with the car that he won't detect, but that's low risk because my father is super anal retentive about cars. I've never seen anyone eat any food in any car he has ever had. Which also means I've never witnessed a murder.

There will be photos and he'll drive it less than 100 miles to the house so we'll still have a chance to flag delivery issues. And I cannot imagine delivery issues that wouldn't be covered by warranty. Plus, I'm in California so I really think Tesla screws with consumers less here because we have a really strong state agency that is pro consumer.

We're potentially in that exact situation. If we end up out of the country, I will be providing power of attorney to my father so he can do the pickup. The risk is that there are issues with the car that he won't detect, but that's low risk because my father is super anal retentive about cars. I've never seen anyone eat any food in any car he has ever had. Which also means I've never witnessed a murder.

There will be photos and he'll drive it less than 100 miles to the house so we'll still have a chance to flag delivery issues. And I cannot imagine delivery issues that wouldn't be covered by warranty. Plus, I'm in California so I really think Tesla screws with consumers less here because we have a really strong state agency that is pro consumer.
Was told that once the order got flagged I can’t reject the car because of small issues, otherwise my order will get canceled. I need to take the delivery anyway and have the SC fix the issues afterwards, unless there are “major damages” decided by Tesla. I think it makes sense for people keeping rejecting deliveries or holding the order for an extended period of time. But for someone who waited patiently for 10 months without any question, and only hold the order for a week, it’s unfair.

Reactions: croman and lexus26