Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, for those looking for a new posh way to close your frunk - 3min 56sec in this video.
I cringed when she slammed the frunk hood. I hope all Tesla owner know that you are suppose to put the hood down gently and then press the hood with both hands down. You can google “close tesla frunk” and you will find many videos on how to do it properly. Or here is from the manual:

Picked up in Charlotte NC at 1 pm today after 394 days of waiting! They were very nice and let me into the vehicle to go over the checklist and checked in periodically to see how it was going and if I needed any help.

Everything was almost perfect but I made the mistake after doing most of the checklist of assuming some things were working without actually testing it - namely the backup camera. Upon backing up for the first time the camera shows black half the time and when it works is incredibly laggy like 1 frame every 5-10 seconds. Completely useless! I encourage actually testing everything on the checklist even if it takes a long time!!

Alignment was really good and found no exterior or interior issues. All floor mats and accessories including the mobile charger were included. I have the tilting screen.

Remote sentry cam doesn’t seem to be working either but I’m not sure if I’m just in a bad signal area at the hotel I am at. The car still thinks it is at the dealership - has anyone seen delays in the car connecting properly to LTE?

I’m also not sure how many things have to calibrate - they paired the key fobs but I can’t get any of them to open the vehicle or do anything - it all seems to be tied to my phone. Do I need to delete the phone key to use the fob or can both be used?

For the 24hr 100 mile stuff do I just file service appointments with the details in the mobile app? This is my first tesla so not familiar with this process.

Thanks for everyone here for the fun while waiting! Not sure I will be able to quit the forum since I’ve been addicted for over a year.

Attachments

• 84115B10-3AB1-4744-90D6-49E6B11D64A5.jpeg
    84115B10-3AB1-4744-90D6-49E6B11D64A5.jpeg
    617.6 KB · Views: 140
  • 970B3CF8-5ABB-4EBE-8A4D-28BD947C2661.jpeg
    970B3CF8-5ABB-4EBE-8A4D-28BD947C2661.jpeg
    545.2 KB · Views: 106
  • 24D161E6-2C0A-4568-861E-E5F012D753D2.jpeg
    24D161E6-2C0A-4568-861E-E5F012D753D2.jpeg
    849.3 KB · Views: 104
  • AD549CA8-944E-41D8-AC44-624E0E591988.jpeg
    AD549CA8-944E-41D8-AC44-624E0E591988.jpeg
    697.9 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
I am also a black 7 seater in the DMV with delivery in about 10 days (supposedly). Congrats! I also have a somewhat lower 340xxx VIN, which concerns me at this later date. Please let me know if you have the swivel screen, but more importantly, how the build quality is.

I didn’t take the car. There were a couple small knocks that required the car to go back to the body shop. I didn’t even check to see if it had a swivel screen. It wasn’t on my checklist. I have a new delivery date scheduled for next Sat.

Attachments

• AD268C66-7138-4CEE-963B-B1DFA58E614A.jpeg
    AD268C66-7138-4CEE-963B-B1DFA58E614A.jpeg
    417 KB · Views: 101
I have no other options, man. If this really happens, and Tesla still refuses to push back to July because of their own problems, I may be screwed up. I was told they are not going to delay delivery due to small cosmetic issues, they would rather address them afterwards. It’s end of quarter push. The guys in the Chicago store are nice. But this is out of their control.
Could you pay them for the car but pick it up later?

Reactions: tierneyalvin
Picked up at noon from Dedham, MA. My initial observations:

1. No tilt screen. Not surprising based on my VIN

2. Car was practically spotless. There were some smudges from the adhesive but those were taken care of before we left the parking lot

3. Car is quiet. Especially when compared to our 2016 X90D that we traded in. No rattles or squeaks. Although I do hear the vegan leather on the back seat rubbing together on very low speed, going over bumpy terrain

4. Car is fast! I floored it and there isn’t the same punch as my model 3 LR (with acceleration boost) for the first second or two but it ramps up super fast. I can’t say for sure but 0-30 seems to be slower than 30-60. But this blows my 2016 X away.

5. I can’t believe they don’t have a wh/mile meter anywhere! WTF. The only way to know how efficient you are is go into trips menu. What a stupid thought process. Why wouldn’t I want to know my efficiency? To top it all, while not using the navigation, the left side of the front screen is empty! Wasted space. UI needs some work to catch up to the insanely zippy hardware

6. Yoke wasn’t too bad. It was a little challenging while making a U turn. The turn signal will take some getting used to. But I suspect I’ll be good in a day or two. People who spew venom about the yoke haven’t really tried it.

Overall, I’m happy to have received the car just 3 weeks shy of my one year anniversary. The best part was that Tesla offered me approximately the same price as what I paid for my model X 2016 (I bought it CPO from Tesla in 2018). So after 4 years, And around 35k miles ( would have been more if not for Covid) with free supercharging, I was able to trade it in for around $100 less than my purchase price. Tesla’s offer was miles ahead of Carvana, vroom etc. it appears that those companies can’t value old model X properly. They gave me laughably low offer.

Good luck to all. Echoing the sentiment, it’s worth the wait!

Picked up a 5 seat Long Range today at the Springfield NJ location today. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the car (paint, panels, etc). Only issue was the rubber seal at the top of the driver-side door (fixed onsite) and the yoke worm was present.

Fingers crossed for everyone else. Hopefully this is representative of the quality, making it worth the wait (ordered 3/28/21)

My Model x was delivered to me on 06/02, 344xxx vin, , less than 10 miles in odometer. But the white interior was super dirty (with black dirt on it), some unknown residuals on the front dash speaker mesh. Also I can tell from the dirt mark (a few circles) that the windshield was replaced. The paint on 4 frunk screws is missing indicating it has been repaired or adjusted. Most of the panels are flush and gaps are even, but I can see a few patches here and there inside the panel, I guess they were adjusted by the local service team. I'm okay with the build quality, but today (the 3rd of my ownership) the system complained about turn signal fault lol. Now I have a complex feeling, both excited and disappointed.

5. I can’t believe they don’t have a wh/mile meter anywhere! WTF. The only way to know how efficient you are is go into trips menu. What a stupid thought process. Why wouldn’t I want to know my efficiency? To top it all, while not using the navigation, the left side of the front screen is empty! Wasted space. UI needs some work to catch up to the insanely zippy hardware
Use voice control and say “open energy monitor” (or something like that). It will open the energy graph. For some reason, it’s not (yet) in the UI but it’s there in the software.