Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats again! Wow, bright yellow. That’s a first on this forum. Please share photos of before and after!
I’ve always had the hots for yellow since buying a yellow sports car after high school. That was fifty-odd years ago and have never had a yellow car since! Pictures will follow for sure.

VINNED people, anyone have MVPA already? If yes, when did u get it after VINNED? Thanks. Delivery scheduled 6/10.
I had a Intial VIN3390×× on May 8 with delivery on May 28 but did not have MVPA even on the 28th. Then they send it to Paint shop and delayed delivery .They did not have the Red paint in stock so they UnVINed me while the car waited at the body shop.

On May 30 the system match me to a new VIN3457×× so i rejected the 3390xx and took the newer VIN the next day the VIN disapeared from app...But when i log in my account and check the MVPA showed up with the VIN and a June 15 delivery date. Tesla Text me and confirmed delivery date.

Try calling Tesla by phone they have access to alot of information about your account and car.
:)

Reactions: msjodilynn1
I switched from 7 seater to 6 seater with hopes of getting it sooner… go figure.

Still not sure which is “better” given the trade-offs. Ideally a 7 seater with 40/20/40 split but that doesn’t exist.
Yeah I switched from 5 to 6 seater in April with the same hopes. Definitely backfired lol 🤦🏼‍♂️

i don't want to get too off topic but i had TOU-D-PRIME, our solar installers recommended to switch to TOU-D-4-9PM. we have 35 panels and no batteries. we have 2 teslas. generally, we only charge one daily but there are days we charge both. i'd say on heavy use we would use around 80+ kWh in a day. otherwise, we are either on negative or under 15kWh daily. monthly, i noticed we are on negative usage except november to february when we have less sun and more cloudy days.

what i see with 4-9 plan is:
Daily Basic Charge: 3 cents per day
Minimum Daily Charge: 35 cents per day
Baseline Credit of 9 cents per kWh on monthly baseline allocation
Example monthly allocation is 200kWh gets you $18 credit on your bill

for PRIME
Daily Basic Charge: 40 cents
Minimum Daily Charge: None
Baseline Credit: None

the rates outside 4-9pm are lower for prime. in my use case, i believe the baseline credit is an advantage because for most of the year, my monthly usage is lower than my monthly allocation (i don't know if it's 200kWh) because it's usually negative. SCE billing is really confusing. all i know is when i was on prime, i would pay about $100 monthly. now switching to TOU4-9 and annual billing i'm at $286, 9 of 12 months. with more sun, i will probably get it close to $0 once my annual bill is due in september.

just wanted to share. we may have different usage but have a look at the other rate plan and if you have solar, i would look at the annual billing instead of monthly.
Switching to prime saved me over $2k annually. 8-4 is super off peak, 4-9 is off limits, 9pm-8am is Cheaper on Prime