Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my Model X LR 5 seater today in Colorado Springs. The experience was fabulous. The team there is great. The only visual imperfection was paint in the inseam of one FWD. Easy fix. I used the checklist and everything else was good.

Now driving home and stopped at the first Supercharger. The drive was great until I experienced the Phantom Braking. Fortunately on the open highway where no one was behind me and I’m the only one in the vehicle.

At first I thought it was an anomaly but it kept happening after the first 100 miles. I’m in sw 2022.11.01.01 and am hoping it will be fixed with an update. I saw somewhere that saw version 16.0 is a fix. I would like to use auto pilot or tacc as I travel cross country frequently.

I’ll question the guys at the service center this week for a fix. Other than that it was worth the 495 days waiting. The car is incredible.

I know there was some talk about when should the car be paid. Here is some info from Tampa, FL:
* They accept either cashiers check or App payments
* You can pay on site with the App, but sometime banks can have a hold on the money and the ACH could take an hour.

I thought ACH’s are processed at the end of the day, not during the day.

I think the cashiers check is the safest options, so I’ll go pick that up on Friday.
Delivery is scheduled for Saturday, and the car is still in transit. I hope it makes it in time!!

• Informative
Reactions: GENVT and lexus26
I know there was some talk about when should the car be paid. Here is some info from Tampa, FL:
* You can pay on site with the App, but sometime banks can have a hold on the money and the ACH could take an hour.

I think the cashiers check is the safest options, so I’ll go pick that up on Friday.
Delivery is scheduled for Saturday, and the car is still in transit. I hope it makes it in time!!
I used ACH at pickup and it was instant. But for peace of mind a cashier’s check is good to have.

Reactions: dzzz
Ordered a Plaid X earlier this year (january/feb?) and then changed the configuration in April to a LR. I was VIN'ed today with 37xxx # and thought that was pretty old reading everyone's comments. I called up support and they gave me the option to unpair the car using my once-per-account 30 day hold. They confirmed with me the car was built in March but was not rejected or had any damage. She mentioned it was most likely due to the lack of parts.

Maybe I am on the opposite side of the boat as everyone else, but I rather have the newer one with the swivel screen and a newer VIN than rushing to accept one that has been doing who knows what for the past months in a lot.

Ordered a Plaid X earlier this year (january/feb?) and then changed the configuration in April to a LR. I was VIN'ed today with 37xxx # and thought that was pretty old reading everyone's comments. I called up support and they gave me the option to unpair the car using my once-per-account 30 day hold. They confirmed with me the car was built in March but was not rejected or had any damage. She mentioned it was most likely due to the lack of parts.

Maybe I am on the opposite side of the boat as everyone else, but I rather have the newer one with the swivel screen and a newer VIN than rushing to accept one that has been doing who knows what for the past months in a lot.
You ordered a LR 5 months ago and have a VIN. Most people are waiting ~15 months, so you might want to consider how important it is that your screen swivels...

Also, if they mentioned at the time you placed your order that the screen swivels, I suspect they might have to retrofit it at a later date. I haven't heard anyone confirm that though.

Edit: if you are financing, there is also a good chance that rates will keep going up...

You ordered a LR 5 months ago and have a VIN. Most people are waiting ~15 months, so you might want to consider how important it is that your screen swivels...

Also, if they mentioned at the time you placed your order that the screen swivels, I suspect they might have to retrofit it at a later date. I haven't heard anyone confirm that though.
When your dropping $120,000 or $150,000 on a vehicle like this I wouldn’t touch a three month old one. It would drive me nuts knowing I bought a *new* car but didn’t have the latest and greatest that I could have had. And who knows where this thing was sitting. Maybe the swivel screen is useless, I don’t know, but I would demand the opportunity to make sure I had it in my car and decide for myself.

Besides, if this car is rejected than it can be offered to someone else that has waited much longer. 😀

If your bank is part of the "Plaid" network (no relation to Tesla model) then you can pay instantly when you pick up. To test if your bank is part of this, go into the app and start the process to pay. It will ask you for your bank name and then your online banking login info. If it is prompting you for online banking login, then you are good - just exit out of the app. Then during pickup, you can complete the process. The app will log into your account (depending on your bank you will have to do the security questions, etc since your bank won't recognize that you are logging in via Tesla/Plaid network instead of your own phone/computer), verify the funds are there, and initiate the transfer. It will take a few days before the funds actually leave your account but Tesla will have confirmation that you paid within a few minutes.

I picked up a 337 VIN on 7 May. It was built end of March. I was nervous about getting an EOQ car but I decided to just go and check it out. If the car was good I would accept it, if it had problems I would reject. It turned out it was a fantastic car and I am glad that I accepted it. I have the updated taillights/charge port but not the swivel screen. I don't car about the screen as I often drive with the whole family and this way my wife can help DJ.

It's personal preference. You get 2 rejects before they cancel your order and you have to pay the current price. If you reject this one you still get to look at 2 more cars before they cancel you. If you don't need the car and really want that screen then feel free to cancel. You might get matrix lights too.

OK, finally. Car was in great shape. FWDs alignment just slightly off, but they operated perfectly.

It was extremely hot today and we were out in full sun for hours. So far so good! Already drove 50 miles in hot weather and reversed car several times.

A couple of tiny gremlins: dash camera is squirrelly as it keeps recording suddenly, and the charge port door opens occasionally while parked.

We have SW version 22.11.101.6. It’s already prompting us to update which we will when we get it home.

Attachments

• 5A7AF094-BEE1-4A4A-9CF0-8B7B1F882E50.jpeg
    5A7AF094-BEE1-4A4A-9CF0-8B7B1F882E50.jpeg
    117.4 KB · Views: 113
  • D02D3C6A-13B7-4BE8-8394-248D98151362.jpeg
    D02D3C6A-13B7-4BE8-8394-248D98151362.jpeg
    105.3 KB · Views: 95
  • A220575E-0C3D-47A9-8B0B-E7E7A5B54A93.jpeg
    A220575E-0C3D-47A9-8B0B-E7E7A5B54A93.jpeg
    119.3 KB · Views: 100
Picked up my Model X LR 5 seater today in Colorado Springs. The experience was fabulous. The team there is great. The only visual imperfection was paint in the inseam of one FWD. Easy fix. I used the checklist and everything else was good.

Now driving home and stopped at the first Supercharger. The drive was great until I experienced the Phantom Braking. Fortunately on the open highway where no one was behind me and I’m the only one in the vehicle.

At first I thought it was an anomaly but it kept happening after the first 100 miles. I’m in sw 2022.11.01.01 and am hoping it will be fixed with an update. I saw somewhere that saw version 16.0 is a fix. I would like to use auto pilot or tacc as I travel cross country frequently.

I’ll question the guys at the service center this week for a fix. Other than that it was worth the 495 days waiting. The car is incredible.
So now I’ve driven another 125 miles and again tested tacc. This time no problems. I wonder if the phantom braking was due to calibration. This is a great ride. Seats are air conditioned. Sound is incredible. Smooth. Can’t say enough good things.

This is the first 37vin, they went straight through 34

OK, finally. Car was in great shape. FWDs alignment just slightly off, but they operated perfectly.

It was extremely hot today and we were out in full sun for hours. So far so good! Already drove 50 miles in hot weather and reversed car several times.

A couple of tiny gremlins: dash camera is squirrelly as it keeps recording suddenly, and the charge port door opens occasionally while parked.

We have SW version 22.11.101.6. It’s already prompting us to update which we will when we get it home.
GORGEOUS!!!! Congrats. I want mine desperately but edd is still in Sep-Oct time frame.
ps: I have a complaint that your pics are in low resolution

GORGEOUS!!!! Congrats. I want mine desperately but edd is still in Sep-Oct time frame.
ps: I have a complaint that your pics are in low resolution
Here you go - these are “large”

Otherwise they are like 3.2mb each.

Attachments

• 4B770F9A-B2CA-4554-A393-AA9ED37FD43F.jpeg
    4B770F9A-B2CA-4554-A393-AA9ED37FD43F.jpeg
    400.7 KB · Views: 96
  • 59C6DEF8-0ADB-47C0-A9C0-D6E6287B1B68.jpeg
    59C6DEF8-0ADB-47C0-A9C0-D6E6287B1B68.jpeg
    468.8 KB · Views: 91
  • 8D501079-7549-4AC6-80DA-253E5FEB8770.jpeg
    8D501079-7549-4AC6-80DA-253E5FEB8770.jpeg
    396.2 KB · Views: 92

Edit: if you are financing, there is also a good chance that rates will keep going up...
Truth be told, my EDD was Oct-Jan 2023 which I was perfectly content with. My original Plaid was VIN'ed in mid April, where I had a discussion with the girlfriend and she decided for her business, 6 seats was not the configuration she wanted since she needs the storage.

The swivel screens is whatever, it's a point of discussion of course, but I am more worried about a 3 month car sitting when every body else was grabbing new June/May date cars. This is the biggest purchase we have made, and as other have stated, I have no reason to rush it. I am aware of the rates, not sure why anybody needs to feel the need to teach personal finance on a car forum, esp one where we are spending 100k + on the base models.

Hopefully the car went to someone else that was longer in line and they are happy with the car! Back in line soon enough :)