Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting flood of inventory cars being posted today. I've subscribe to TeslaStats that sends out an email any time a *new* inventory car is listed for sale on the Tesla website anywhere in the U.S.

Over the past month, there are typically 3 - 5 Model S that get listed. These can be demo cars with 300 miles on them or new ones that were received by the delivery center but undelivered (for whatever reason). Occasionally there have been some M3 or MY. Never a model X. :(

Today I noticed there have been nearly 50 listings being flooded on the Tesla website. Many of them are for picking up in the Bay area, probably at / around the Fremont factory. Most of them are new. They are all M3 and MY. But hopefully, just hopefully maybe there will be a Model X slip through!?! I just hope I see it before the rest of you! :) (although CA tax is a problem)

RN1148 placed in April 2020 finally got an EDD that's tantalizingly close (6.22 - 7.10). No VIN yet but the end might just be near.
That is really my question... if we are given an EDD that is this close and relatively narrow 3 week window, should we have confidence that we will actually be delivered a vehicle in or around this timeframe? Or is there a legitimate risk it could be delayed until fall or winter?

It seems like there are an awful lot of EDD being reset to the EOQ and indicating delivery over the next month. Should we have confidence in those estimates or could they just as easily get push back? Way back?

My EDD is still 6/17 - 7/8. I need to make some lease extension plans, tire replacement, and license renewals (totalling $2,000) if I DONT receive this MX in the next month. Trying to plan but the lack of certainty of delivery is certainly stressful!

Any thoughts or experience what we should expect?

Reactions: Prairie
That is really my question... if we are given an EDD that is this close and relatively narrow 3 week window, should we have confidence that we will actually be delivered a vehicle in or around this timeframe? Or is there a legitimate risk it could be delayed until fall or winter?

It seems like there are an awful lot of EDD being reset to the EOQ and indicating delivery over the next month. Should we have confidence in those estimates or could they just as easily get push back? Way back?

My EDD is still 6/17 - 7/8. I need to make some lease extension plans, tire replacement, and license renewals (totalling $2,000) if I DONT receive this MX in the next month. Trying to plan but the lack of certainty of delivery is certainly stressful!

Don't know if you're close to the delivery office. However, if you are, I'd go in and have a chat with the manager. I went in to mine and they hopped on their laptops and told me the car was enroute from CA on a car carrier. I asked if the delivery date would hold and the manager said, 'certainly.' But, then again, she runs a really exceptional store.

Don't know if you're close to the delivery office. However, if you are, I'd go in and have a chat with the manager. I went in to mine and they hopped on their laptops and told me the car was enroute from CA on a car carrier. I asked if the delivery date would hold and the manager said, 'certainly.' But, then again, she runs a really exceptional store.
Thank you! Good idea.

Exiting the office and blowing off work the next two hours as I run to the Tesla store! :) I dont have a VIN yet, so not sure what they might be able to tell me, but good to be in front of them and ask those questions.

Reactions: msjodilynn1
Hey everyone, I haven't kept up much with this thread, sorry if this is a redundant question.
Ordered 3/31/21 Black/Black LR 6 seat 22"
Current EDD: 9/29-12/8
Seems like a lot of 5-7 seaters with later order dates are getting pushed out? Is my EDD realistic? Are they producing any 6 seaters?

Last question- I heard we can edit our design without effecting price... what about EDD? I don't have the edit button, I just want to change my wheels. Who can I contact? Will this effect EDD?

Thank you! Good idea.

Exiting the office and blowing off work the next two hours as I run to the Tesla store! :) I dont have a VIN yet, so not sure what they might be able to tell me, but good to be in front of them and ask those questions.

I could tell you that with no VIN they won't be able to tell you anything that you don't already know.... They literally read off your order screen verbatim until you get assigned a VIN. Once you have a VIN its different, then they are able to track the car and get more info that we can't see.

Delivery scheduled for June 26 for out MXLR Red/White 6 seat/ 20’s / FSD. One day before my order-versary. I’ll be posting pics in a couple weeks when ceramic and tint is all finished.

Also - Just want to let everyone that’s worried about their Tesla trade in quote know that not all the offers they are giving are low ball offers. I received a very fair offer which I quickly accepted. I was a little anxious waiting for the quote and had already made an appointment at car max for l this weekend fully expecting a low offer. I got an offer of 50,700 for our 2018 M3! That’s actually more than we paid for it. I know others on this forum have not been happy with the quotes but some are coming back better than expected.
I have the exact same specs. Good to see they are delivering red six seater. Hopefully we get ours before the end of quarter. Ordered Feb 2021.

I love Love LOVE the yoke!!!

I have found it super easy to use on road and highway driving. Got used to turn signals etc. really quickly. The initial tries in a tight parking lot helped me work out some of the hand moves for tighter turns, but once I turn right onto the access road, super easy.

I really like the grip. Just feels good in my (small) hands. All the controls are a quick reach with the thumb.

We immediately set it to steering comfort mode as suggested by Delphonic.

Hey everyone, I haven't kept up much with this thread, sorry if this is a redundant question.
Ordered 3/31/21 Black/Black LR 6 seat 22"
Current EDD: 9/29-12/8
Seems like a lot of 5-7 seaters with later order dates are getting pushed out? Is my EDD realistic? Are they producing any 6 seaters?

Last question- I heard we can edit our design without effecting price... what about EDD? I don't have the edit button, I just want to change my wheels. Who can I contact? Will this effect EDD?
[email protected]. I changed the exterior/interior colors just a few weeks ago. As long as you have not been assigned a VIN, no change to the price schedule.

I could tell you that with no VIN they won't be able to tell you anything that you don't already know.... They literally read off your order screen verbatim until you get assigned a VIN. Once you have a VIN its different, then they are able to track the car and get more info that we can't see.
I couldnt help it so went to local delivery center anyway, for my own sanity. You are exactly right that they cannot tell me anything new about my specific car.

But, they did help to build confidence that a delivery "should" be occurring in the near future given my 6/17 - 7/8 EDD. They told me that with this EDD this vehicle is definitely scheduled for production soon, exactly to my order options. Assuming all parts are available, it will be produced. Once produced and it is leaving Fremont they will officially match that VIN with my account. He cautioned that there could be some transportation issues because many of the trucking companies have flat priced contracts with Tesla that penalize them if they fail to make a delivery. But with the significant rise in diesel fuel costs, truckers are finding it cheaper to just get fined by Tesla for not making the delivery versus paying a much higher price for diesel fuel. (Feels like the solution is for Tesla to increase freight charges to ensure their vehicles get delivered, but thats a different issue).

All in all, it feels like if you have a nearby EDD, your vehicle is scheduled to be built pending parts availability. Once built, it will be on its way assuming freight doesnt hang it up.

So i'm coming away from that conversation optimistic.

And got to see a white plaid, white interior with 22' rims to be delivered this afternoon. Looked amazing. I have red, 20", black interior, FSD so hoping it looks even better.

Had a similar range. I am now set for Sungay June 6 if all goes well

I couldnt help it so went to local delivery center anyway, for my own sanity. You are exactly right that they cannot tell me anything new about my specific car.

But, they did help to build confidence that a delivery "should" be occurring in the near future given my 6/17 - 7/8 EDD. They told me that with this EDD this vehicle is definitely scheduled for production soon, exactly to my order options. Assuming all parts are available, it will be produced. Once produced and it is leaving Fremont they will officially match that VIN with my account. He cautioned that there could be some transportation issues because many of the trucking companies have flat priced contracts with Tesla that penalize them if they fail to make a delivery. But with the significant rise in diesel fuel costs, truckers are finding it cheaper to just get fined by Tesla for not making the delivery versus paying a much higher price for diesel fuel. (Feels like the solution is for Tesla to increase freight charges to ensure their vehicles get delivered, but thats a different issue).

All in all, it feels like if you have a nearby EDD, your vehicle is scheduled to be built pending parts availability. Once built, it will be on its way assuming freight doesnt hang it up.

So i'm coming away from that conversation optimistic.

And got to see a white plaid, white interior with 22' rims to be delivered this afternoon. Looked amazing. I have red, 20", black interior, FSD so hoping it looks even better.
I don’t want to become a party pooper here. But until you get your VIN, as many in this forum have learned, this EDD doesn’t mean much. I have seen my own VIN moved to the current month (with 2 weeks window) and then moved back again. When you get your VIN, I’ll say your EDD is pretty safe unless something goes wrong with the production of your car.

Reactions: Driver 8