Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just recently took delivery of M3P while I am still waiting for MX LR for more than a year. I had a long conversation with the Tesla representative(at Fremont Factory) there while I was picking up the car. There is certainly a shortage of parts which is the basic cause for less production. I only saw 1 white MX Plaid with a black interior in the lot for delivery. Mostly the delivery lot was full of Model Y and 3.

My current Estimated date is between Sep-Dec and as far as they say, it will stick to the same. There are a lot of issues with the production of Model X.

I was lucky to get the M3P within 2 weeks of order, maybe I am paying more. This is my first time driving a tesla. I love it though. Eagerly waiting for MX

Good Morning! I just received the informal text about possible trade-in. Is this a good sign? Anyone here that got the text and progressed into a VIN assigned (and about how long did it take after receiving the text)? THANK YOU!
i think it may be a good sign but cant confirm for certain. In my case i received the same text asking about trade-in my other vehicle and within 2 days or so i got the VIN and also scheduled delivery for next week.

I love Love LOVE the yoke!!!

I have found it super easy to use on road and highway driving. Got used to turn signals etc. really quickly. The initial tries in a tight parking lot helped me work out some of the hand moves for tighter turns, but once I turn right onto the access road, super easy.

I really like the grip. Just feels good in my (small) hands. All the controls are a quick reach with the thumb.

We immediately set it to steering comfort mode as suggested by Delphonic.
Forgot to mention that us short people also like the unobscured vision from no top of a wheel - it doesn’t block our view out the windshield nor the nice display above the yoke.

Which shop are you using for the wrap? Planning to have PPF done on mine at Clear Bra Indy, no appointment scheduled yet, but not sure what other options are out there.

Thanks.
Clear Bra Indy was deserted when I stopped by. Business closed and doors all locked. I used them before, so I was quite surprised to find them closed. So I went with Pristine Auto Spa, East 65th Street, near Binford Blvd. Pristine Auto - Pristine Auto Spa. They do everything, wraps, PPF, ceramic coating and window tint. There are dozens of shops around indy

Reactions: Jbell
My delivery was scheduled for June 11th (in two days), Tampa FL, but I just got a call that car is running late with transport, so they are moving the delivery to June 18th :(
I’ve now communicated back to my insurance company to change the insurance.

You sure? How do I change my seat color?
Yes.
I just sent an email to ordersupport with my RN, asking to change from blue w cream to white w black. I included explicit language to only make the change if I kept my June 2021 pricing. It took a few days, but I got an email from Jorge, saying “complete.“ Shortly, the web site displayed a white X. In my case the price went down, because I changed to the “included” colors (I decided to wrap, after the fact). I made the change request in early May. But it did not affect the timing, in fact it may have improved it slightly, since white w black (included) colors are far more common than blue w cream. No way to know that for sure though. But I now have a delivery appt set for June 21.

Last edited:
Yes.
I just sent an email to ordersupport with my RN, asking to change from blue w cream to white w black. I included explicit language to only make the change if I kept my June 2021 pricing. It took a few days, but I got an email from Jorge, saying “complete.“ Shortly, the web site displayed a white X. In my case the price went down, because I changed to the “included” colors (I decided to wrap, after the fact). I made the change request in early May. But it did not affect the timing, in fact it may have improved it slightly, since white w black (included) colors are far more common than blue w cream. No way to know that for sure though. But I now have a delivery appt set for June 21.
What was your date before the change?
Because I'm trying to change to blue w cream. Lol

I too am tempted to change to blue/cream but too scared of a potential delivery schedule impact.
It could impact your deliver date, but you should not lose your relative place in line, it would only be affected by current production. My current X is Blue w cream, and I think it is awesome. MSM w cream would be nice too. This time I decided to go for Yellow w black, with a wrap. No point in paying for a color if I am covering it up.

Reactions: Prairie
That is really my question... if we are given an EDD that is this close and relatively narrow 3 week window, should we have confidence that we will actually be delivered a vehicle in or around this timeframe? Or is there a legitimate risk it could be delayed until fall or winter?

It seems like there are an awful lot of EDD being reset to the EOQ and indicating delivery over the next month. Should we have confidence in those estimates or could they just as easily get push back? Way back?

My EDD is still 6/17 - 7/8. I need to make some lease extension plans, tire replacement, and license renewals (totalling $2,000) if I DONT receive this MX in the next month. Trying to plan but the lack of certainty of delivery is certainly stressful!

Any thoughts or experience what we should expect?
Ok. I’m trying to make a time lint of what to do when in the Tesla world. when to get financing lined up and when to get check from financing credit union? When to get insurance since you need VIN to get it. What else? Some folks have had less than 48 hrs to get to SC and take delivery. Others seem to have a week, or two weeks, or delay for 30 days due to travel etc. the logistics for me just to get to the SC are stressful due to time and distance. If I only have a week, it’s going to be high stress. Got to have a plan.

936E41E1-C283-46A7-BA1B-1AC9D478E117.jpeg

Finally a definite date!