Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok. I’m trying to make a time lint of what to do when in the Tesla world. when to get financing lined up and when to get check from financing credit union? When to get insurance since you need VIN to get it. What else? Some folks have had less than 48 hrs to get to SC and take delivery. Others seem to have a week, or two weeks, or delay for 30 days due to travel etc. the logistics for me just to get to the SC are stressful due to time and distance. If I only have a week, it’s going to be high stress. Got to have a plan.
The main thing you need to worry about is the funds to pay for it. If you are financing using a resource outside of Tesla, your lender will want to see the MVPA, with a VIN on it. Insurance can be handled after you take delivery, just use your existing policy number, updating the covered vehicle when you actually receive it. In my case with Progressive, all of my cars are on the same policy. All I need to do is "Replace a vehicle" on Progressive's web site. The policy number does not change. The only possible exception is if you do not have any auto insurance whatsoever. But I find it hard to believe your new Model X is the very first vehicle you have ever owned/insured.

Reactions: Prairie
Forgot to mention that us short people also like the unobscured vision from no top of a wheel - it doesn’t block our view out the windshield nor the nice display above the yoke.
Not just short people. I am 5' 11" and I like the unobstructed view. With that said, I wish the car had a HUD with speed, next turn direction and distance, and alerts projected on the windshield. I loved that in my BMW X. It keeps yours eyes on the road where they should be.

Not just short people. I am 5' 11" and I like the unobstructed view. With that said, I wish the car had a HUD with speed, next turn direction and distance, and alerts projected on the windshield. I loved that in my BMW X. It keeps yours eyes on the road where they should be.
People are free to like what they like, but I have to chime in here. The only view that is obstructed by a steering wheel is of the dash. If a steering wheel is obscuring the windshield you either have the seat too low, the wheel too high, or both. Seriously people, it's like we've suddenly forgot how we've been driving for 120 years.....

• Funny
Reactions: JER85 and FDEWEESE
Same here, pushed 5 days to June 29-July 20! Starting to lose some confidence (;)) in the information...
Mine didnt get pushed back. Yet. Still 6/17 - 7/8. BUT... the way I see it, even if it gets pushed back by a week I'll take that as a sign they intend to make and ship very very soon. My fear is that they delay it months. I'll take a one or two week slip any day versus waiting until fall!

Reactions: kpony
Am I correct in thinking that I’ll have standard FSD quickly once I get my MX? But not FSD beta which has driving on city streets? two, count ‘‘em two traffic lights in town. FSD beta is not a priority but FSD with summons is.

Stock is getting crushed and consumer sentiments are plummeting. Anyone here changing mind on buying x?
I am always thinking about the rationale....but independent of stocks...

MX never really made sense for me personally - just a guilty pleasure.

Friend just got R1T - slightly jealous (I have R1S on order expecting in 2045!)

I bought M3P Aug. '21 to tide me over until MX - really like the M3P besides the lack of room.

I have a MY on order, delivery went from Sept '22 to Oct 31st - Dec. 10th '22.

BUT, at the end, I keep coming back to the fact I will pay $15k less (at least) for MX today than a new order. That $15k (15%) is approximately 7.2% inflation over two years!

Practically i should keep M3P, enjoy EV with these gas prices, buy TSLA at $600 and go on with life.....BUT I WANT THE FREAKING MX

Hey all... it's been a bit since I posted. Still loving my X. No major issues or qualms at all. It's a great car.

I do have a question for this crew. Until yesterday, I didn't even realize that the area under the wireless phone chargers lit up with P N D etc. Mine did it for the first time. Then this morning it did it again. BUT, it's completely random. Am I missing something? When does this come on versus not? Is this an issue with my car?

Hey all... it's been a bit since I posted. Still loving my X. No major issues or qualms at all. It's a great car.

I do have a question for this crew. Until yesterday, I didn't even realize that the area under the wireless phone chargers lit up with P N D etc. Mine did it for the first time. Then this morning it did it again. BUT, it's completely random. Am I missing something? When does this come on versus not? Is this an issue with my car?

"In most situations, these buttons are not available until you press one of the buttons to activate it." You probably touched it when you put the phone into the charger.

Those have been there since day one. You used to have to tap the area to see them, now they show. And those are not just lights, those a touch buttons and can be used as an alternative to the screen slider bar and button direction selector for Forward, Reverse, etc.

Reactions: Elixir
Stock is getting crushed and consumer sentiments are plummeting. Anyone here changing mind on buying x?
AFAIK, there is no requirement or relationship between the stock price and the performance of my vehicle. Since I retired and now have no income, I just pay cash for everything. As gasoline soars beyond $6/gallon. It's just me and the truckers on the highway. :cool: