Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VINing day here for me. Got assigned 3451xx today with EDD of June 12-21.

I will be in Europe but last time the local delivery center here in the Bay Area told me that they will deliver it home to my wife and I can sign of electronically. Only challenge is that I won’t be there to inspect it thoroughly for any issues. Fingers crossed 🤞

My BMW iX is also on its way with a delivery of around July 10th.

If my Lucid or Rivian (very likely) reservations get EDDs soon, I will have tough choices to make.. 😢 we only need 2 cars..
Sorry, just released my assigned VIN is 3461xx :) fixed my signature as well

Found my car in the “delivery lot” next to the service center (aka another office parking lot). Exterior looks almost perfect. Only 2 minor noticeable issues 1) driverside door and FWD slightly misaligned and 2) bumper trim near headlight slightly protruding near hood. Might ask about the door but oh I’ll take it!

View attachment 815051
Took delivery today. Dream come true.

Some notes of interest for my delivery in MD:

-Upon arrival, was told could only review exterior of the car. Could not get access to keys or look inside “due to Covid protocols” so had to sign paperwork and “accept” delivery in the app first and then was given access and could start going through the MX delivery checklist. I wasn’t expecting this, not sure if that’s what other people experience nowadays.

-Included with the car inside the FRUNK: charging cable and front license plate, need to self install. Going into today, I wasn’t sure if we were grandfathered in but can confirm my MX includes the mobile connector as of June 2022 deliveries.

-Included with the car inside the TRUNK: tow hitch and Tesla Tire Repair Kit. At first didn’t know what the repair kit was, thought it was a small general use air compressor but looked it up and was surprised they included this “sealant and air” kit for free. Thanks Tesla.

-If you’re trading in a Tesla, make sure to ask your rep to tell you when they’re about to remove your old car from your account so you can run out and factory reset before s/he does this. I was sitting with the delivery manager at his desk when he did it but wasn’t told so couldn’t factory reset (requires you to login to your account) a few min later when I was transferring my physical stuff from M3 into the MX so had to manually delete profiles and keys associated with phones and log out of browser sign-ins. It was a PITA and some personal data probably still hanging around.

But all in all, no major workmanship issues. FWDs work flawlessly. Long journey but so far exceeds expectations.

Not sure where you are located but Lloyds mats is looking for 6 and 7 model 2022 X to laser measure so they can produce their mats. I just received the front set of Luxe mats, they fit perfectly and feel/look GREAT. They only have the back sets for the 5 seater. They might give you a significant discount on a set if you stopped by for “under an hour” for the measurements. I had a complete set of these in my 7 seat 2016 and they still looked new when I traded it in. I would have kept them except they were maroon to match the signature red and my 22 is blue😇.
Located in Seattle, I am not sure if they operate in Seattle.

One more question about Model X

Is there a way to play songs on the front console and Netflix for my daughter in the second row console at the same time??
Not currently. You have to select from “media” or “theater” sound sources when something is playing just on the rear screen by tapping on the volume control on the main screen. Everyone in the car has to listen to the same thing.

Hopefully they add Bluetooth headset support for the rear screen at some point via software updates.

• Helpful
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
If we changed order config from LR (7 seater now) to Plaid, how much differences do I need to pay? When I order was 6/2021 so the cheapest price which was $89,990 and plaid base was $119,990. So will it be $30,000 or $36,500 ( including 6 seater option price) ?
I was told yesterday (see my post above) that if I changed my config (interior color) it would move my base price up to the current amount. Since I ordered in 4/2021 that’s a huge hit that I’m not willing to accept. I previously read here that you could make pre-VIN changes without increasing the base price, but it looks like Tesla has stopped allowing this. Anyone else have a recent experience with changes?

I was told yesterday (see my post above) that if I changed my config (interior color) it would move my base price up to the current amount. Since I ordered in 4/2021 that’s a huge hit that I’m not willing to accept. I previously read here that you could make pre-VIN changes without increasing the base price, but it looks like Tesla has stopped allowing this. Anyone else have a recent experience with changes?
You were misinformed. Email Jorge [email protected] he'll get you straightened out. There is no price change other than configuration changes. I changed my 05/21 order int color and # seats from 5 to 6 w no base increase. Many on here have done similar.

Dunno about that. Plaid, ordered 3-14-22 :)

Got an updated EDD to the KC delivery area today.
01194225894165111876.jpg
What???!!! I’ve been waiting a year! It’s still EDD two months away!