Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you ever get an email saying your order would be canceled if you didn't take the car off hold? I wonder how they prioritze an order that come off hold then. Maybe it's like a new order date? But yeah, that is very frustrating I bet.

No, I didn't get an email saying my order will be cancelled. I was able to directly correspond with my local delivery team and they unmatched me and sent my EDD to blank for nearly a month until I got this very late EDD that has stuck around for nearly 2 months now. I guess there might not have actually done the hold yet and you're getting emails that won't apply if they actually send your order to purgatory with mine.

Reactions: nBar5EV1
Did you ever get an email saying your order would be canceled if you didn't take the car off hold? I wonder how they prioritze an order that come off hold then. Maybe it's like a new order date? But yeah, that is very frustrating I bet.
I think they are fairly practical in their prioritization....

Meaning - purchase price and the budgettng margins. The earlier the order, the lower the profit margin, right? --> hold is keep same price and priority?

If you look at the price increases, it appears the % increase is proportional to estimated delivery date which is proportional to popularity. PRACTICAL hahaha

Reactions: nBar5EV1
I'm going to start trying to make a stink to Tesla. 18 months is too long to wait to get a car and people who ordered long after me are getting theirs. I am a loyal Tesla customer and have taken every car I have ever ordered from them. I feel like I should get some preferential treatment.
I dont think you should get preferential treatment, I think Tesla should just implement a fair process of addressing their order backlog and clearing out the first orders that came in. I get the profit / margin perspective of building the most profitable vehicles right away, but at some point they have to bite the bullet and crank these out. And this is coming from someone who ordered a MX Plaid with FSG and "should" get my MX in August. That doesnt seem right or fair to me.

I could not be more happy I have a scheduled delivery for Saturday. I was expecting to go to Burbank but they are dropping off at my house. Has anyone else done that? Have you had issues? If you have had issues how do you let them know etc. any help is appreciated.
The only downside to doing this is that you will be under immense pressure to accept the car immediately without inspecting it. When they arrive, the Delivery rep will likely have already called an Uber to pick them up and take them back to their office. But they cannot technically leave until you click Accept in the App. So they can/will fuss and grump at you to accept delivery so they can leave. They will tell you that any issues you find can be fixed under warranty, yadda, yadda. They will tell you that you have 100 miles to report cosmetic things. So after they drop it off, inspect it closely, take pictures of anything that is amiss, and schedule a service appointment for those items immediately.

Quality has seemed to have gotten a lot better in the last few months so you'll probably be ok. But in general, you have more time to inspect at a Delivery Center because the staff aren't held up from working on other things while you crawl around your car. When we did our pickup in Kansas City, they just threw us a key fob and said come back in when you're ready to sign the paperwork. We crawled all over and inside the thing for 30 mins. Probably could have driven it but didn't think to do so. Ours was an end of Q1 car so I was nervous but it was in fantastic shape.

Last edited:
Question about placing order on hold. I went to my local Tesla Store and spoke with a SA about putting my order on hold. I am literally in the middle of purchasing a house so I can't take the MX right now. The SA was super nice about it and totally understood. Put my order on hold till August he said, I'm supposed to close on my house in July. He actually appologized for how awful Tesla customer support has been and said that they are really hoping it gets better. I woke up to an email this morning saying that if I don't take my order off hold by June 26 my order will auto cancel! Has anyone else who placed an order on hold recieved this email before and is there anyway around it?
Encountered the same situation if you look at my previous postings. Looks like Tesla recently changed the policy for holding an order, at least for orders with old prices. Was told the decision to flag my order was made by the corporate team that there is no way to change it. Tried order support as well as the local store. No luck. I ended up pushed back my business trip and removed the hold by the deadline and then got a vin within hours. I guess it’s their strategy to cancel the old orders so that they can sell the same car for a higher price. So unfortunately, I would suggest you to try your best to take the delivery.

Hi guys, I recently found this forum and wanted to say you guys are truly awesome.

I have a MX LR with an OD of Aug 3, 2021 (MSM, Black, 20", FSD) with a EDD of Nov 1 - Feb 9.

I want to update my interior trim to Cream and Jorge has opened up the "edit design" page for me.

From your experience, would updating anything at this point will delay my delivery even further? Or perhaps expedite it since I"m giving more money to Tesla?

Your two cents would be greatly appreciated!
this has been covered multiple times but 1800+ pages is a lot to go through. here's what i can share from my own experience.

sept 13, 2021 white/cream long range 7 seats ordered
may 10, 2022 changed from 7 to 6 seats
the order agreement date changed from sept to may '22

my EDD was originally april '22 before any changes, then july '22. then i did the seat change.

then EDD changed to dec '22 - apr '23 just like many people experienced.

then EDD changed to aug - oct '22 just like many people

then EDD back to dec '22 - apr '23 just like many people

and now sitting at aug 20, 2022 - october 15, 2022

i don't believe changing the seats affected the EDD. it would have been the same changes whether i did it or not. the base price also was not affected - as long as you are in the US. the only change in the price is the increase from upgrading from 7 to 6 seats.

according to what people have shared, the only way to speed up your EDD is to change from long range to plaid. or luck