Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I switch my RED MXP, 20", Black Interior, 20", FSD to WHITE, do you think there is a better chance of EDD being accelerated?

I ordered 5/11/22 and currently showing 8/12-9/22. I know this is selfish thinking compared to how long so many others have been waiting but curious your thoughts. (For about one week I actually had an EDD of 6/17 - 7/12). Would switching to white, a more popular color, potentially deliver this thing faster?
I have a white/white as basic as it gets and ordered 4/20/21 but no vin yet

Reactions: Elixir and SOBX MX
If I switch my RED MXP, 20", Black Interior, 20", FSD to WHITE, do you think there is a better chance of EDD being accelerated?

I ordered 5/11/22 and currently showing 8/12-9/22. I know this is selfish thinking compared to how long so many others have been waiting but curious your thoughts. (For about one week I actually had an EDD of 6/17 - 7/12). Would switching to white, a more popular color, potentially deliver this thing faster?
On 4/14/2021 I ordered a MXLR black/cream/20/5 seater. Late last week my EDD was July 27 to Sept. 6. I changed my interior color to black On Friday, June 17, and on Sunday evening, June 19, I was assigned a VIN and my EDD changed to 6/23 to 6/29. I now have a confirmed delivery date and time for next week. I don’t know if the change of interior color from cream to black made a difference, but it’s possible.

Reactions: 2020Reset
Picked up our red 7-seat LR today in Cincinnati. May ‘21 order, 3449xx VIN. The car is awesome! Good thing because Tesla’s delivery experience was kind of meh. Nothing major wrong, but I kind of felt like the delivery center folks were irritated with me for pointing out problems with our six-figure investment. Big scratch of the front lower left bumper, ding in the driver door, and misaligned left FWD. Minor issues, hopefully Tesla fixes them promptly. Awesome driving machine, though!
F5DE37F8-D980-4909-9571-12CD3BB5E7CB.jpeg

Attachments

• DEA34993-3D75-4095-B4C1-B769691FC428.jpeg
    DEA34993-3D75-4095-B4C1-B769691FC428.jpeg
    288.8 KB · Views: 88
  • AB8B0D27-0708-416C-B2C0-AF6401B583C9.jpeg
    AB8B0D27-0708-416C-B2C0-AF6401B583C9.jpeg
    347.4 KB · Views: 96
  • 5DA2BCB7-9A4F-4E62-8661-13A4A8A3F26D.jpeg
    5DA2BCB7-9A4F-4E62-8661-13A4A8A3F26D.jpeg
    372 KB · Views: 98
That would be amazing if they decided to batch. Are you western, central, or eastern?

I'd be really curious to hear when you get your VIN considering we have almost the exact same config (I don't have FSD) and our order dates are within two weeks of one another. If you manage to get yours within your EDD window then that bodes well that mine should follow within a reasonable amount of time.

I'd also really, really love to see pics of a 5-seat MSM/Cream.
I was one week behind @NW Bill with my order with the exact same configuration and he got his over one month ago. So you can never tell!

Random question. For those who picked up their MX and used a referral (from way back before Tesla stopped allowing customers to refer one another) did Tesla honor that and give you the 1000 SC miles? Or has it been so long that you all have forgotten that you even purchased your MX using a refferal?
I got them in a 3 I bought for my son in march so I am sure they are still honoring them.

Reactions: nBar5EV1
Picked up our red 7-seat LR today in Cincinnati. May ‘21 order, 3449xx VIN. The car is awesome! Good thing because Tesla’s delivery experience was kind of meh. Nothing major wrong, but I kind of felt like the delivery center folks were irritated with me for pointing out problems with our six-figure investment. Big scratch of the front lower left bumper, ding in the driver door, and misaligned left FWD. Minor issues, hopefully Tesla fixes them promptly. Awesome driving machine, though!View attachment 818952
Sorry to hear about the minor issues and customer service. I pick up my red long range at the same service center this Friday. I hope our experience is better. I'm sure they'll fix the problems for you. Will you have to bring it back to the service center or will Tesla mobile fix any of it? My worry is we'll find some things wrong and have to drive it back from Louisville because there isn't a service center here.

Hey, Gang -

Now that my MXLR delivery is (hopefully) imminent, my wife and I have decided to sell the 2022 MSLR we purchased anticipating the MX delivery would take much longer. Any advice on where to list this for sale? Tesla gave me a low ball trade offer, so I’d like to see what I can do with a private sale. I’m familiar with Carmax, Carvana, etc., but am more curious about private sale. Thanks!

Sorry to hear about the minor issues and customer service. I pick up my red long range at the same service center this Friday. I hope our experience is better. I'm sure they'll fix the problems for you. Will you have to bring it back to the service center or will Tesla mobile fix any of it? My worry is we'll find some things wrong and have to drive it back from Louisville because there isn't a service center here.
They told us we have to bring it back, and we’re in Louisville as well. I made an appointment in the app and included the pictures I posted here. It’s irritating…I have to drive all the way there and if they keep it very long I’ll need a way to get back here. I can’t imagine that any of these are lengthy fixes, but my appointment isn’t until late afternoon so who knows if they’ll keep it. Would have been nice for it all to have been correct from the start 🤷‍♂️

Hey, Gang -

Now that my MXLR delivery is (hopefully) imminent, my wife and I have decided to sell the 2022 MSLR we purchased anticipating the MX delivery would take much longer. Any advice on where to list this for sale? Tesla gave me a low ball trade offer, so I’d like to see what I can do with a private sale. I’m familiar with Carmax, Carvana, etc., but am more curious about private sale. Thanks!
To me private sale is notworth the time and effort.
You have to take tons of pictures, pay listing fee, and answer tens of same questions to potential buyers, deal with no-shows.. ugh