Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A while back in the thread it was hypothesized that making a change to your profile changes your profile completion date (ie applying for financing before VIN assignment) which can cause your EDD to get delayed. Was that ever proven to be wrong?
My profile was not completed almost 6 month later and my edd is Sep-Oct 22. It was never proven true or false but I got this email replied back
----------------------------------------------------
Delivery timelines are not guaranteed and can change due to a variety of factors. One factor is profile completion (10/12/2021 in your case). Due to supply chain delays, etc., we have been seeing general shifts in estimated delivery windows. We do not have specific insight into the factory queue, so the date range presented in your account will be your best guideline until a VIN is assigned.
Best Regards,
Jorge Sanchez
Inside Operations Advisor

My profile was not completed almost 6 month later and my edd is Sep-Oct 22. It was never proven true or false but I got this email replied back
Delivery timelines are not guaranteed and can change due to a variety of factors. One factor is profile completion (10/12/2021 in your case). Due to supply chain delays, etc., we have been seeing general shifts in estimated delivery windows. We do not have specific insight into the factory queue, so the date range presented in your account will be your best guideline until a VIN is assigned.
Best Regards,
Jorge Sanchez
Interesting. What wasn’t completed on your profile?

Best Regards,
Jorge Sanchez
I got the same general response below from Jorge except the profile completion date part. My delivery window was starting in 3 weeks (mid July) so my SA opened financing so I could maybe get locked in at lower interest rates. The next day after I had financing approved, my delivery window moved out by 4-6 months hence I emailed asking if the profile completion date messed up my delivery schedule.

Delivery timelines are not guaranteed and can change due to a variety of factors. Due to supply chain delays, etc., we have been seeing general shifts in estimated delivery windows. We do not have specific insight into the factory queue, so the date range presented in your account will be your best guideline until a VIN is assigned.

That would be amazing if they decided to batch. Are you western, central, or eastern?

I'd be really curious to hear when you get your VIN considering we have almost the exact same config (I don't have FSD) and our order dates are within two weeks of one another. If you manage to get yours within your EDD window then that bodes well that mine should follow within a reasonable amount of time.

I'd also really, really love to see pics of a 5-seat MSM/Cream.
Eastern - New Jersey

OK, haven't read all post in the 3-4 weeks but have a question. Has there been any movement on Vins or EDDs for European customers? You might smile and role your eyes with that stupid question but you surely will be able to follow the following line of thought.
1) We are end of June, so July approaching quickly.
2) July is HY2.
3) HY2 was the date Tesla said to deliver in Europe
4) cars need to be shipped to
Europe which takes a few weeks.
5) way before you get a VIN you get some random EDD
6) most importantly and fundamental to the line of thought: Tesla ALWAYS sticks to its promises and NEVER wants to disappoint customer especially with late delivery

So I am sure you now understand the question and related expectation of movement for European customers. *irony ends*
I *hope* that Tesla is finally figuring out the production issues, that the parts issues are also improving and that European orders start to be fulfilled. That said, I would think it would be another quarter before Tesla actually starts European deliveries - possibly offset by Model Y production in Berlin. If I remember correctly, it is typically a quarter after deliveries start in Canada - which are now being pushed.

Listen to this quarter end results - I think that Tesla's numbers will be good, but so will other EV manufacturers that I'm watching closely (Rivian and Lucid for example).

Reactions: RM_fromGER
Best Regards,
Jorge Sanchez
My SA confirmed the exact same thing to me last month: position in queue is determined by profile completion date.

May 21, 21 order here. Just thought I'd throw an update into the forum.
I'm pretty patient so the constant EDD moves haven't phased me much. Although it's absolutely annoying that interest will keep going up as the process continues to drag further out.

My config is a MXLR 5 Seats, MSM/Cream with 20" wheels.

A lot of people consider the Cream interior to be 'old man luxury' but speaking as a non-old person I think it's classy and will look great for a long, long time. My fear is that the Cream interior is so low on the demand schedule that it's a very low priority for Tesla to build. That's especially true with my $90k legacy pricing.

I was hopeful at the latest EDD window of July 5 - August 9 would stick or maybe move up but just got shifted today to August 1 - September 12.

This is my first Tesla and my current car is a '08 Jeep Commander 5.7L Hemi that gets a wonderful 14mpg average. Wishing now I hadn't sold my Passat last year when I expected the MXLR in December.

This will also be my first new car since I have always bought used to maximize my budget, but buying used isn't an option anymore is it?

I'm crossing my fingers that I get this thing before the end of the year. Really can't wait to road trip with it, but would love to do that before winter hits 🙃
My friend just took delivery of a cream interior in Fl