Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We had a June 15-July 6 range and on the 15th were pushed out to July 27-Sept 7. Also red/cream. I was hopeful as it appeared that red was a trending color in June. I just sold a Lexus that had a cream interior and after driving it for about 3 years decided that is the only color interior I ever want. We can survive with one car for the summer but it sure would be nice to finally see the Tesla.
The randomness of the EDD windows actually gives me a degree of relief. It looks like they're taking into account a lot of information lately to determine possible windows.

I've always had whatever interior color came with the car I could afford (used) and luckily the past few years have been very kind and I went from wanting a Model Y as a dream car to a Model X actually being attainable. The refresh is what sealed the deal. Test driving the Model Y twice also helped with the decision but the Model Y is an excellent car. Coming from a huge Jeep Commander I was kind of surprised how high the ride height is for the Y.

I've never test-driven an X, only sat in one once when a couple rejected delivery of a used model they purchased. The Tesla SAs were all very keen on me buying it then and there since the couple had rejected it. Somehow they didn't know it was a 6-seater.

For me, it's very unusual to buy such a high-ticket item without thoroughly running it through a lot of scrutiny, but we'll see how the MSM/Cream looks when I get it 🧐

Anyone know how durable the home chargers cables are? Can I back out the M3P while charging the MXLR?
As @Operator64 said, it'll be ok but I wouldn't make a habit of it. Cord protector won't work if you want to charge the M3 with the same plug.

Any chance you can rig a hook or something to bring it over the M3 and then down to the MX?

there is one person who ordered a plaid in May 2022, and he picked up the model x plaid this week... I do not know how tesla work, I order in Feb 2022 plaid. still waiting
I saw that as well. I think it was a case where a delivery was made to that guys delivery center with the exact same specs but was not completed by the original person that ordered. Since it was the exact same as this guys order, they just offered it to him. Have to believe there was someone somewhere with the same specs that’s been waiting along time… but it’s Tesla’s choice where it goes I guess.

Anyone change their order from a LR to a Plaid? If/when did your EDD change?

Order date was 8/21, I changed it hoping it would come this year.
I ordered a LR on May 10 and had the EDD in 2023. On May 24th I changed to Plaid and the next day my dates moved to Aug-Oct ‘22. Then a week later I had a late June 22 EDD. That lasted a week and was moved back to Aug 16-Sept 22. That’s where I sit today. So it seems to me if you change to Plaid your EDD will change within a day.

Reactions: MR_C
The randomness of the EDD windows actually gives me a degree of relief. It looks like they're taking into account a lot of information lately to determine possible windows.

I've always had whatever interior color came with the car I could afford (used) and luckily the past few years have been very kind and I went from wanting a Model Y as a dream car to a Model X actually being attainable. The refresh is what sealed the deal. Test driving the Model Y twice also helped with the decision but the Model Y is an excellent car. Coming from a huge Jeep Commander I was kind of surprised how high the ride height is for the Y.

I've never test-driven an X, only sat in one once when a couple rejected delivery of a used model they purchased. The Tesla SAs were all very keen on me buying it then and there since the couple had rejected it. Somehow they didn't know it was a 6-seater.

For me, it's very unusual to buy such a high-ticket item without thoroughly running it through a lot of scrutiny, but we'll see how the MSM/Cream looks when I get it 🧐
You have good taste sir.

Reactions: ductordoc
Made a deal to sell the refreshed MSLR today at $13K better than Tesla’s trade offer. Scheduled to pick up the MXLR early next week. Hoping it goes smoothly with no serious issues with the MX. It’s been a crazy ride over the last 14+ months. This community has made it a lot more enjoyable than it should have been. Planning to hang in here after delivery to keep comparing notes.

Made a deal to sell the refreshed MSLR today at $13K better than Tesla’s trade offer. Scheduled to pick up the MXLR early next week. Hoping it goes smoothly with no serious issues with the MX. It’s been a crazy ride over the last 14+ months. This community has made it a lot more enjoyable than it should have been. Planning to hang in here after delivery to keep comparing notes.
Was this private?

Looking to offload the MYP in a few weeks...