Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

Has anyone taken a home delivery recently? How was your experience?
Can I reject the delivery if something is wrong with the car?

I ordered my MXP Oct 2021, and got a VIN 350xxx signed yesterday and received an email asking to schedule delivery, but home delivery is the only option. I live less than 15 miles from the delivery center, wondering why they are doing the home delivery for me.

Reactions: cjkosh
Hello all,

I ordered my MXP Oct 2021, and got a VIN 350xxx signed yesterday and received an email asking to schedule delivery, but home delivery is the only option. I live less than 15 miles from the delivery center, wondering why they are doing the home delivery for me.
You can call and ask them to switch to pickup instead.

Hello all,

Yes u can reject, the person who comes, usually try to rush u to sign before inspection, don’t give in.

• Informative
Reactions: cjkosh
Hello all,

It is probably because the store and lot are very crowded. If you are not trading in a vehicle, there really is very little reason for you to go to the store. In my case, I was trading in my 2018 X, so I had to go there anyway, about 10 miles for me. Most of the required paperwork was related to my trade-in vehicle. Yes, you can reject.

So - are Red Teslas really that rare?

We had an interesting supercharger experience today. When we arrived, we were the only Tesla at the charger.

Then another showed up - red!

Then a third showed up as we were finishing - also red!

So I snapped a shot of us 3 red Teslas (and no other colors) before leaving.

IMG_8523 2.jpg

And just as we pulled out, a 4th Tesla pulled in and backed up to charge - and it was Red!!!!

How about that!!!

We had an interesting supercharger experience today. When we arrived, we were the only Tesla at the charger.

View attachment 819460

And just as we pulled out, a 4th Tesla pulled in and backed up to charge - and it was Red!!!!

How about that!!!
Probably everything is RED in Texas 😉

Anyone change their order from a LR to a Plaid? If/when did your EDD change?

Order date was 8/21, I changed it hoping it would come this year.

About a week

View attachment 819460

How about that!!!
UGH!! I was afraid of this. Per the Oracle, It's the ground hog of Tesla and means 6 more weeks of delivery delays.

@DirtyT3sla love your sarcastic video! Best one ever!

How’s the X treating you?!
Thanks!

It has been great!! It is so nice for the family, quiet, fast, smooth etc. The issues pointed out in my delivery video (
for anyone that cares) were fixed in a single appointment aside from the passenger seat because they did not have the part, and then once they got it in, I kept delaying the appointment just due to being busy.

The driver side falcon wing door has developed an annoying squeaking when driving on bumpy dirt roads, but it doesn't happen on paved roads. That will be looked at when I go in for the passenger seat fix.

Other than that, perfect and we still feel lucky to drive it every day!

VINNED 350XXX
Order Date: 3/3/21 RN114589XXX Southern Cali, LA
LR | 5 seat | Blue | Cream | 20"| FSD | VIN | EDD June 25 to June 28
Gives me hope even though I'm in the midwest. I have the same configuration except 22" wheels. Wife talked to the KC SC manager yesterday and he was quite surprised that our March 2021 order had not been delivered yet. He said he would check and either text or email me. He also told her they were expecting 100-150 refreshed X's the first couple weeks of July to "catch up" with the 2021 orders that had not been delivered. I hope he knows what he's talking about, however, since previous X's on the lot have come in dribs and drabs, I'd be surprised to see that many MX's arrive at the SC in just a couple of weeks.

Gives me hope even though I'm in the midwest. I have the same configuration except 22" wheels. Wife talked to the KC SC manager yesterday and he was quite surprised that our March 2021 order had not been delivered yet. He said he would check and either text or email me. He also told her they were expecting 100-150 refreshed X's the first couple weeks of July to "catch up" with the 2021 orders that had not been delivered. I hope he knows what he's talking about, however, since previous X's on the lot have come in dribs and drabs, I'd be surprised to see that many MX's arrive at the SC in just a couple of weeks.
Thanks for the update. I'm in KC as well with a May 2021 order... I'm really hoping to take delivery by August before school starts back up.

May be starting the delivery date roll soon. VIN 345xxx was matched to me when it got off train in Alabama, as original person cancelled order, so I am told. Been in Alabama for almost a week, still not on a truck to Florida. I was asked to pick any date within June 23-26 for delivery, I chose June 26 to be safe but still no movement of the vehicle. Having doubts on the date. (7/blue/cream/20/fsd Jan 2021 order)

Well on day 514, 17 months from my order date, I have been VINNED!! #NF3503XX EDD 6/24-6/28

LR, Red, White, 6 Seat, 20”, No FSD, Original OD 1/24/2021

Now the hoping and praying that the car comes in good condition. We unwisely took delivery of a MYP last September with a bad paint problem which they said they would fix as it requires a whole panel on the car to be repainted. To date they have not fixed it. Their reason, “The body shop is backed up”. If a Falcon door is not quite aligned, no big deal, but if their is a paint problem I will reject the car. Trying to stay positive though, as I have a recent VIN and hoping their QC is a little better now and thus I get a great car and delivery. 🤞

Well on day 514, 17 months from my order date, I have been VINNED!! #NF3503XX EDD 6/24-6/28

LR, Red, White, 6 Seat, 20”, No FSD, Original OD 1/24/2021

Now the hoping and praying that the car comes in good condition. We unwisely took delivery of a MYP last September with a bad paint problem which they said they would fix as it requires a whole panel on the car to be repainted. To date they have not fixed it. Their reason, “The body shop is backed up”. If a Falcon door is not quite aligned, no big deal, but if their is a paint problem I will reject the car. Trying to stay positive though, as I have a recent VIN and hoping their QC is a little better now and thus I get a great car and delivery. 🤞
Hoping it’s as near perfect as possible and that your incredibly long wait has a happy ending.