Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picking up this weekend. Just tested their trade-in, they gave us $49,100 for our 2018 LR M3 (picked up 03/2019), black, white seat, 19", *FSD, 9700 miles. Tempting to trade in. We paid $54K but with tax credit came out to around $51K. Thoughts?
Carvana,givemethevin.Com,vroom,local dealers it’s a sellers market check around and weigh all options

Update - My EDD hasn't changed in a few weeks - July 12-Aug 16. I'm half tempted to order a Plaid and see if it gets here before the LR...where is that end of quarter push at???
I actually did that this week. I put in a plaid order white with black interior to be delivered in Vegas. Ordered on Monday and got the Aug-Oct timeline. The next day went to Aug 16 -Oct 22. My original MX Plaid order a few months ago to be delivered to the Midwest is EDD Aug 12 to sept 22. I thought if I put in a delivery on the west coast for a primary call maybe, just maybe, I’d get vin EOQ. Included FSD as extra incentive for Tesla to deliver. I’d just drive it home. Will keep you posted which one shows up first. But $250 is a cheap way to see if I can accelerate delivery.

Reactions: timberlights
Picking up this weekend. Just tested their trade-in, they gave us $49,100 for our 2018 LR M3 (picked up 03/2019), black, white seat, 19", *FSD, 9700 miles. Tempting to trade in. We paid $54K but with tax credit came out to around $51K. Thoughts?

I was quoted and accepted $48,600 two days ago for my 2018 LR M3, MSM, black seats, 18", FSD with 23.7k miles.
Vroom and Carvana lowballed me with $38k offers. Carmax offered $43k.

Reactions: Thamanrp
Hello! Not sure if anyone that took delivery is still on this forum, but for anyone that took delivery at the factory near the end of a quarter (EOQ rush), when was the latest a VIN was assigned to you? We have 8 more days in this quarter and I am just trying to figure out if I should just throw in the towel or not.....

THANKS!

Reactions: honeyfist301
Spend more money = Get car faster
Just to be clear, I'm not disagreeing with you just HIGHLY irritated that's the case with Tesla. It seems like the more your car has appreciated, due to Tesla price increases, the longer it's going to take to get your vehicle. I'm on day 471 and really don't feel any closer to delivery than I did after placing the order and saw the fantasy EDD's that we all got...

If you have nothing better to do here in the waiting tomb than to read my EDD shifts, here you go. I know others have had many more shifts than this, but this is my story. Ha!

20211023—Ordered
20211026—Est. Delivery: July
20220321—Blank

Like many, for a long period the EDD was shown as October.

Then...

20220523—Est. Delivery: July 8 - August 19
20220527—Est. Delivery: July
20220612—Est. Delivery: July 4 - August 8
20220615—Est. Delivery: july 4 - august 8 (yes, all lower-case... intern boredom?)
20220615—Est. Delivery: July 4 - August 8 (later in the day... maybe his English teacher woke him up)
20220618—Est. Delivery: July 5 - August 9
20220622—Est. Delivery: July 1 - July 22

Best wishes everyone!

Hello! Not sure if anyone that took delivery is still on this forum, but for anyone that took delivery at the factory near the end of a quarter (EOQ rush), when was the latest a VIN was assigned to you? We have 8 more days in this quarter and I am just trying to figure out if I should just throw in the towel or not.....

THANKS!
No, don’t throw in the towel yet, it’s happening…I was vined this morning.
OD 4/29/21
Last EDD 07/01-07/20
Current EDD 06/25-06/28
Have link to make delivery appt.
Car birthdate 06/20
Vin NF3497

Yours is coming soon too, I can feel it!

Well on day 514, 17 months from my order date, I have been VINNED!! #NF3503XX EDD 6/24-6/28

LR, Red, White, 6 Seat, 20”, No FSD, Original OD 1/24/2021

Now the hoping and praying that the car comes in good condition. We unwisely took delivery of a MYP last September with a bad paint problem which they said they would fix as it requires a whole panel on the car to be repainted. To date they have not fixed it. Their reason, “The body shop is backed up”. If a Falcon door is not quite aligned, no big deal, but if their is a paint problem I will reject the car. Trying to stay positive though, as I have a recent VIN and hoping their QC is a little better now and thus I get a great car and delivery. 🤞
I saw ~7 refreshed X’s on my way towards SoCal from Vegas a few hours ago. So one of them might be yours. Either way congratulations!

Tesla was giving me 67,700 for a 2018 75D. KBB was highest out of all online dealers at 68k. Dealer eventually gave me 71k. If Tesla is not the best keep shopping imo.

Reactions: Thamanrp