Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm getting this same color for my X and XPEL stealth wrap. That color looks incredible in stealth imo
Looks better in person. (Screen shot of drone shots from files that were way too big - Mavic 3)

Attachments

• E9C2F2E7-AB78-4A1C-B1CA-E49AAF0323AE.png
    E9C2F2E7-AB78-4A1C-B1CA-E49AAF0323AE.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 123
  • B4969772-1FB4-4AAA-A598-284EC9358A34.png
    B4969772-1FB4-4AAA-A598-284EC9358A34.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 88
  • 8889C94F-289D-42D0-A62F-493B9EB3467E.png
    8889C94F-289D-42D0-A62F-493B9EB3467E.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 85
It's a 10 minute walk from my house to my SA in Burbank which is busy and tight spaces everywhere, so they scheduled delivery to my home, first to pick up my 2018 MX to trade with minor paperwork to sign, and to deliver the magnificent beast. The delivery guy didn't rush me one bit, and pointed out some exterior trim items he thought I should note for my SC visit to fix any issues as we walked around the car. It couldn't have been easier.

When my SA came up to fix the minor issues(wiring bulging out of the edge of a panel in the interior, alignment/balance issues of a wheel, adjusting the passenger side door opening strength and a couple other minor things), I dropped off SR-71 at 7:15pm, their appt time, and by the next morning, I had gotten a 2:30am text that my car was ready to pickup. I had gotten a big black SUV to pick me up wearing my shorts and t-shirt, sandals, via their Uber credits of $100/day, and a big black SUV to drive me the 3 minutes back to pick up my car the next morning. When he dropped me off at a huge mostly empty parking garage about a mile from the SC, it was deathly quiet except for a couple floors of Teslas all lined up and looking pretty, and the touchless instructions said to use my app to honk my car. Got in the SR-71 beast, launched, and drove home. This also couldn't have been easier. The car was there over one night and was done the next morning. Not sure I've seen service in all my years on a car quite like this.

All y'all crowing about Tesla service is garbage garbage garbage, I'm gonna flip you a big ass bird right now. It may have been for you, but not for me.
Agreed. I just picked up my 2022 X this past Monday. It was perfect. I keep going outside and walk around it, shaking my head. I can't find a thing wrong with it at all. My previous cars have always had some minor warranty issues, poor wheel alignment, FW doors reliability or something needing attention. Not this time.

I thought I had a problem with the outside door buttons not opening the doors, passenger side. Flipping through the settings, I discovered the car was set to only unlock the driver's door from outside. Turned that one off, fixed. I did find an extra plastic part in the trunk. SA says it looked like a cover related to the taillights "open a service ticket, Mobile Service can check it out," which I will do later. I suspect it is an extra misplaced item.

Delivery was super smooth, even with my 2018 X trade-in. Not even a second thought about my old X. No detailed inspection, just based upon my submitted photographs from a year ago. I kept my 40-amp UMC, and asked about slipping the 32-amp that came with new car, into the trade-in. SA said don't worry about it. Could not have been easier. It was even a day earlier than my original appointment.

Still no VIN. But I did just get the trade in call from a Fremont number. At first I couldn’t tell if it was a robo call or a human but then I realized he was just bad at reading from the script.

Anyways, does anyone recall how long it took them after getting the trade in call to getting a VIN?
Getting a trade in call doesn't always mean a vin will soon follow. Hopefully in your case it does mean that your car is almost built and ready. But for me I got a call December 23rd and still don’t have a vin.

Still no VIN. But I did just get the trade in call from a Fremont number. At first I couldn’t tell if it was a robo call or a human but then I realized he was just bad at reading from the script.

Anyways, does anyone recall how long it took them after getting the trade in call to getting a VIN?
I got a VIN 2-3 days after the call.

Ok wow I honestly thought it was a colored wrap because that looks so good. I ordered my Model X is MSM and after seeing this I need the stealth wrap
The other day I was walking with my family back to the Y, and as we approached we heard another family having a discussion about it. The dad said something like yeah it’s really cool but dirty, and the kid was like no it’s supposed to look like that, like the Batmobile. This made me happy and my wife rolled her eyes which is pretty standard.

MSM hides dirt really well too.

The other day I was walking with my family back to the Y, and as we approached we heard another family having a discussion about it. The dad said something like yeah it’s really cool but dirty, and the kid was like no it’s supposed to look like that, like the Batmobile. This made me happy and my wife rolled her eyes which is pretty standard.

MSM hides dirt really well too.
Dirty? lol it looks sick. I've seen quite a few stealth wraps around here on various makes/models and it has always captured my attention. The glossy look has never done it for me.

Can I be lazy and ask a question (another one)? How do trade-in logistics work? Assuming I accept the a trade-in, should I assume I drive the trade-in to the delivery center? Do they simply apply the trade-in to the new purchase, thus lowering the purchase price?

Sorry and thanks for anyone with insights!

Dang, wasn’t trying to rub salt in the wound. In Kansas the taxes are almost 10% on vehicle sales but trade in value is deductible from overall price. Tesla offered $60k for my MYP, Carvana was $69.5k, could prob sell privately for $75-78k.
Having the option to deduct sales tax from the value is nice--it's true that some states don't allow this, and it definitely influences a trade-in decision. Tesla is generally the lowest, that's a fairly common theme.

Reactions: FDEWEESE
Can I be lazy and ask a question (another one)? How do trade-in logistics work? Assuming I accept the a trade-in, should I assume I drive the trade-in to the delivery center? Do they simply apply the trade-in to the new purchase, thus lowering the purchase price?
That was exactly my experience. The quote was based upon my photos, with monthly mileage updates. The trade-in amount was stable through the last couple of updates, and was applied against the cost of the new vehicle, plus some extra cash from me. Easy and painless. The trade-in amount from Tesla was roughly 10,000 more than any of used car chains (Vroom, Caravana, CarMax etc).

That was exactly my experience. The quote was based upon my photos, with monthly mileage updates. The trade-in amount was stable through the last couple of updates, and was applied against the cost of the new vehicle, plus some extra cash from me. Easy and painless. The trade-in amount from Tesla was roughly 10,000 more than any of used car chains (Vroom, Caravana, CarMax etc).
Did you get the trade in offer through the app? Is it easy to change your mind and cancel the trade in (through the app) without screwing anything up if the offer is too low?

Awesome. Much appreciated!

You need to apply for trade-in in your Tesla order page (if you don't have ask them to open trade-in page) , they will ask pictures and information, in 2 or 3 days they are offering trade-in value for your car. if you accept it they will calculate on MVPA document, it will show you how much you will pay during or before the delivery. of course you need to bring your trade-in car during the delivery . that's what I made 2 years ago. now I'll do same thing again.