Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you get the trade in offer through the app? Is it easy to change your mind and cancel the trade in (through the app) without screwing anything up if the offer is too low?
I mainly got the offer from the web site, although the app is updated with the information. After every offer, you are asked to approve it or reject it. It is also very easy to change your mind and cancel the trade-in at any time, or the entire order for that matter.

My trade-in was worth roughly $80,000 so I needed to chip in another $21,000. So I moved the cash into my checking account. So I could perform an ACH transfer from my bank to Tesla. If you prefer you can obtain a cashiers check from your bank and/or loan proceeds and carry it with you to the pickup appointment. Tesla is pretty efficient and flexible with ingesting $$.

I did not really want to pay them before knowing for sure, they could actually deliver the car. So before I paid them, I made an evening trip to the delivery center to find my car. I found it quickly. It was still quite a mess, but I could at least check it from the outside to make sure it was largely intact. I paid for it the evening before my appointment, but I could have waited until the actual appointment, but I didn't want to deal with any last minute glitches with the payment.

That was exactly my experience. The quote was based upon my photos, with monthly mileage updates. The trade-in amount was stable through the last couple of updates, and was applied against the cost of the new vehicle, plus some extra cash from me. Easy and painless. The trade-in amount from Tesla was roughly 10,000 more than any of used car chains (Vroom, Caravana, CarMax etc).
Where are all those "Tesla only cares about highest profit! They only care about the most money!! whine cheese whine some more" Where you guys all at?

Reactions: Philip_Seattle
Where are all those "Tesla only cares about highest profit! They only care about the most money!! whine cheese whine some more" Where you guys all at?
I got VIN’d and am obviously a very early order, so the least profitable imaginable. Quarter end FTW. Downside is I’m drinking a Negroni in Piazzi Vecchi in Florence so am jumping through hoops to finish a June 25th delivery from Fremont when I’m not actually there. But the Negroni is delicious. Ok. Maybe it has been more than one.

Got a chance to ride in a friend’s Refresh X Plaid today. My first time in one. WOW!!! Super smooth and super powerful. He’s trying to keep his score up to get into FSD beta, so didn’t go crazy but one short pedal to the floor took the air out of my lungs lol. Am I bitter that he only ordered a few months ago and already got his? Of course not 😏.

Got to talking with my wife about the ride and plans to install the wall charger in the garage so it can mock me for a few (many?? 🙁) months. She suddenly expressed concern about charging in the garage. Should I be concerned? Seems like most folks here are charging inside vs outside.

It's been a hot week here in SoCal. The air conditioning in my current car is broken, it broke about a year ago and it's a really expensive fix so I opted not to do it. Right around the time it broke I ordered the XLR, and then I sweated my way through the entire summer thinking "at least I won't be driving this car next summer 🥵". The joke was on me 😩

Got a chance to ride in a friend’s Refresh X Plaid today. My first time in one. WOW!!! Super smooth and super powerful. He’s trying to keep his score up to get into FSD beta, so didn’t go crazy but one short pedal to the floor took the air out of my lungs lol. Am I bitter that he only ordered a few months ago and already got his? Of course not 😏.

Got to talking with my wife about the ride and plans to install the wall charger in the garage so it can mock me for a few (many?? 🙁) months. She suddenly expressed concern about charging in the garage. Should I be concerned? Seems like most folks here are charging inside vs outside.
No concern at all. In fact, in the north I would not even think of owning a Tesla without a garage. Folks charging outside probably don’t have a choice.

Can a fault occur, of course. Same as many appliances or ICE vehicles.

Tomorrow is the big delivery day! Pick up at 11:00. 3 days shy of our order-versary. Already paid in the Tesla app. They said to allow 15 minutes to give them our M3 trade and pick up our model X. I’m sure we’ll take a lot longer to look at the car over. I am hoping that it will be perfect as has been the case with some on here. Unless there is something major, we will likely accept delivery and set an appointment to fix whatever we find. It’s finally here! Probably won’t sleep much tonight. I feel like a kid going to Disneyland tomorrow 😂
MX LR Red/White 20’s. FSD
Ordered June 27 2021
I’ll post pics after ceramic and tint next week.

Last edited:
Tomorrow is the big delivery day! Pick up at 11:00. 3 days shy of our order-versary. Already paid in the Tesla app. They said to allow 15 minutes to give them our M3 trade and pick up our model X. I’m sure we’ll take a lot longer to look at the car over. I am hoping that ours will be perfect as has been the case with some on here. Unless there is something major, we will likely accept delivery and set an appointment to fix whatever we find. It’s finally here! Probably won’t sleep much tonight. I feel like a kid going to Disneyland tomorrow 😂
Ordered June 27 2021
How does that work if we decide to reject it due to repairable issues? Would they give us back our trade-in car?

Gives me hope even though I'm in the midwest. I have the same configuration except 22" wheels. Wife talked to the KC SC manager yesterday and he was quite surprised that our March 2021 order had not been delivered yet. He said he would check and either text or email me. He also told her they were expecting 100-150 refreshed X's the first couple weeks of July to "catch up" with the 2021 orders that had not been delivered. I hope he knows what he's talking about, however, since previous X's on the lot have come in dribs and drabs, I'd be surprised to see that many MX's arrive at the SC in just a couple of weeks.
As a quick follow up, it's been 48 hours since the conversation between my wife and the KC SC manager and not a peep from him! It kind of reinforces what we're all feeling from Tesla, hope that in the end gets dashed...

Reactions: Ckennedy421
How does that work if we decide to reject it due to repairable issues? Would they give us back our trade-in car?
Great question. I kind of took a leap of faith. I’ll let you know how it works out..hopefully I don’t have to take an Uber back to Louisville lol. It would have to be pretty bad for me to reject it. I think most recent deliveries that I’ve been tracking are much improved quality.

Tomorrow is the big delivery day! Pick up at 11:00. 3 days shy of our order-versary. Already paid in the Tesla app. They said to allow 15 minutes to give them our M3 trade and pick up our model X. I’m sure we’ll take a lot longer to look at the car over. I am hoping that it will be perfect as has been the case with some on here. Unless there is something major, we will likely accept delivery and set an appointment to fix whatever we find. It’s finally here! Probably won’t sleep much tonight. I feel like a kid going to Disneyland tomorrow 😂
Ordered June 27 2021
Why bother looking the car over? You already paid them. Shaking head. Inspect before paying.

For those looking for reference on manufacturing dates, my manufacture date is 6/20. Delivery set for Monday and car is already on a truck and on its way, so it should actually arrive today as it’s only a one day truck transport from Freemont to Vegas. Depending on inspection, I guess I might get a call for earlier delivery being that it’s end of quarter and they are trying to get these off the lot as fast as possible. We’ll see. If it is delivered on Monday, my total wait will have been 519 days. Of course I'll post some pics and a brief delivery experience review once it arrives. Now to get a tint/PPF appointment set
My MXP has the same VIN range, red as well, it also manufactured in June 20. Guess they did lots of red painting on that day. I’m picking up on Sunday, fingers crossed it comes perfectly.