Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can I be lazy and ask a question (another one)? How do trade-in logistics work? Assuming I accept the a trade-in, should I assume I drive the trade-in to the delivery center? Do they simply apply the trade-in to the new purchase, thus lowering the purchase price?

Sorry and thanks for anyone with insights!
Drive it in to delivery center and the price will be adjusted on paper work.

Reactions: jbrowdy
I just learned something very interesting today and would like to share.

Walked in SC around noon today and talked to an agent. I asked him to check what kind of status on my 2 orders MYP and MXP without expecting any info other than my current EDD of MYP between 6/23 and 7/7 and MXP between 6/25 and 7/13.

There was a bit of lag on his laptop but finally it came up. He said my MX will be built on 25th and MY on 24th which is tomorrow. He said I will likely receive VIN within a day or 2 for both.

Get off the work around 6pm, I checked the app, VIN shown up for MYP. I now have Continue button in app but can't schedule yet. I can provide Insurance only. All others tabs are still grayed out. EDD is now 6/26 to 7/3.

This made me think SA has access to see more details than they normally talk they don't. I believe I'll get VIN for MXP by the end of tomorrow.

I haven't received text or email about VIN gets assigned yet. If you call them, they may or may not give you all of details.

I just learned something very interesting today and would like to share.

Walked in SC around noon today and talked to an agent. I asked him to check what kind of status on my 2 orders MYP and MXP without expecting any info other than my current EDD of MYP between 6/23 and 7/7 and MXP between 6/25 and 7/13.

There was a bit of lag on his laptop but finally it came up. He said my MX will be built on 25th and MY on 24th which is tomorrow. He said I will likely receive VIN within a day or 2 for both.

Get off the work around 6pm, I checked the app, VIN shown up for MYP. I now have Continue button in app but can't schedule yet. I can provide Insurance only. All others tabs are still grayed out. EDD is now 6/26 to 7/3.

This made me think SA has access to see more details than they normally talk they don't. I believe I'll get VIN for MXP by the end of tomorrow.

I haven't received text or email about VIN gets assigned yet. If you call them, they may or may not give you all of details.
I’ve received the VIN before it was built on all 3 Teslas I bought. I think it was just lucky timing. There is a very short time between getting the VIN and it being built.

App seems to lag the web site.

took delivery of my mx lr 2 weeks ago. ordered 7/1/2021. no fsd.

boy the quality issues are plenty.
panel gaps, misaligned hood, paint chips (can literally see the metal underneath, wtf), black specks within the paint (!? how did this even get past qc man).

didn't help that the pickup was inside a garage and quite dark.

waiting on service center appointment july 5th to fix all these.

Wouldn’t surprise me if they do a $99/mo option for EAP

More importantly does anyone know if the green light chime will be included in EAP?
Based on description (when ordering new car) it may not. Says something about green lights under FSD adds…

Main two features I wanted was Auto Lane and the green light chime. I love that green light chime. So I bought FSD at $10k. I might have opted for the EAP if available when I purchased. But I would miss the green light chime.