Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You get taxed when you take delivery, so if after Sept 1, 2022 the luxury tax gets' added on. The model is $197,290 to puchase today on the website, so $176,300 is making sense to me when we locked in our original order Feb 2021.
The bill was updated to exclude orders placed before 2022 in the most recent version from a few months back. There’s a small chance we get screwed, but from reading it over I feel good about it. But the plaid does look nice.

I just learned something very interesting today and would like to share.

Walked in SC around noon today and talked to an agent. I asked him to check what kind of status on my 2 orders MYP and MXP without expecting any info other than my current EDD of MYP between 6/23 and 7/7 and MXP between 6/25 and 7/13.

There was a bit of lag on his laptop but finally it came up. He said my MX will be built on 25th and MY on 24th which is tomorrow. He said I will likely receive VIN within a day or 2 for both.

Get off the work around 6pm, I checked the app, VIN shown up for MYP. I now have Continue button in app but can't schedule yet. I can provide Insurance only. All others tabs are still grayed out. EDD is now 6/26 to 7/3.

This made me think SA has access to see more details than they normally talk they don't. I believe I'll get VIN for MXP by the end of tomorrow.

I haven't received text or email about VIN gets assigned yet. If you call them, they may or may not give you all of details.
Renton?? Picked mine up there - was very satisfied with them.

I don’t see an option for green light chime on my MYP. Is this chime standard on S/X?
It is at the very bottom of Autopilot settings, down with TACC chime and Automatic Emergency Braking. However, I realized I have never had a vehicle without at least EAP, and except for a few months, FSD. So my earlier suggestion may have not been correct. It is separate from any of the NoA set ups.

My advisor just called - we are in Canada. Originally in a LR 6 seater FSD purchased back in Feb 2021. He says a Plaid 6 seater is available for imminent pickup and is saying he will match the price the plaid was back in Feb 2021. Does this sounds like a good idea? Canada luxury taxes come in Sept and that will add 8k to the order as well - doubt original order will come in by then.
If the money is not an issue, I'd do it.

Got to talking with my wife about the ride and plans to install the wall charger in the garage so it can mock me for a few (many?? 🙁) months. She suddenly expressed concern about charging in the garage. Should I be concerned? Seems like most folks here are charging inside vs outside.
Not a problem at all. Have been charging Teslas inside for 12 years. As long as your electrical circuits are installed correctly and to code (proper gauge of wire, proper breaker size, etc) it is no more dangerous than having 10's of gallons of gasoline in your garage.
As a quick follow up, it's been 48 hours since the conversation between my wife and the KC SC manager and not a peep from him! It kind of reinforces what we're all feeling from Tesla, hope that in the end gets dashed...
I am sorry to hear that. I received great communication from KC. Try emailing Jacob at [email protected]
... and I don't use petroleum...
Except that you do. Literally everything inside your car was made from petroleum. Carpet, seats, trim, etc. Oh and all the materials to make the rest of your car were mined and processed with petroleum.

My advisor just called - we are in Canada. Originally in a LR 6 seater FSD purchased back in Feb 2021. He says a Plaid 6 seater is available for imminent pickup and is saying he will match the price the plaid was back in Feb 2021. Does this sounds like a good idea? Canada luxury taxes come in Sept and that will add 8k to the order as well - doubt original order will come in by then.
Up to you. First, can you afford it - does it fit with your budget? Second, do you want it or prefer the longer range? The fact that they're willing to give it to you at a discounted price would make me ask some questions and a thorough inspection before you commit. Check the VIN to ensure it's not one of those older ones that were sitting in the field forever.

Reactions: stephenstohn
I just learned something very interesting today and would like to share.

Walked in SC around noon today and talked to an agent. I asked him to check what kind of status on my 2 orders MYP and MXP without expecting any info other than my current EDD of MYP between 6/23 and 7/7 and MXP between 6/25 and 7/13.

There was a bit of lag on his laptop but finally it came up. He said my MX will be built on 25th and MY on 24th which is tomorrow. He said I will likely receive VIN within a day or 2 for both.

Get off the work around 6pm, I checked the app, VIN shown up for MYP. I now have Continue button in app but can't schedule yet. I can provide Insurance only. All others tabs are still grayed out. EDD is now 6/26 to 7/3.

This made me think SA has access to see more details than they normally talk they don't. I believe I'll get VIN for MXP by the end of tomorrow.

I haven't received text or email about VIN gets assigned yet. If you call them, they may or may not give you all of details.
I believe you were lucky to find a unicorn agent. All I got was 'look at your dates on the app'