Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not a problem at all. Have been charging Teslas inside for 12 years. As long as your electrical circuits are installed correctly and to code (proper gauge of wire, proper breaker size, etc) it is no more dangerous than having 10's of gallons of gasoline in your garage.

I am sorry to hear that. I received great communication from KC. Try emailing Jacob at [email protected]

Except that you do. Literally everything inside your car was made from petroleum. Carpet, seats, trim, etc. Oh and all the materials to make the rest of your car were mined and processed with petroleum.
Thank you! I just sent him a note, hoping he can provide more information.

My MXP has the same VIN range, red as well, it also manufactured in June 20. Guess they did lots of red painting on that day. I’m picking up on Sunday, fingers crossed it comes perfectly.
My car arrived early to the SC so they moved up my delivery to Saturday. My MVPA just showed up and all is good. Here’s hoping they are both in perfect condition 🤞

Let me see if I can remember it all.
EDD's:Dec 21 became Jan 22 became Feb 22 became Mar 22 became Apr 22 became July, 22 became Mar24-Apr12 became July, 22 became Dec2022-Apr2023 became Aug09-Oct04 became June 21-July 11 became Sept 6- Nov 1

Became EDD June 24-June 28 and VIN NF3509XX today. I'll believe it when I see it.
Skepticism be your guide! I've got a delivery tomorrow and I won't believe it until I actually see it in person along with the registration in my name.

Best of luck to you.

Reactions: SOBX MX and airzim
Skepticism be your guide! I've got a delivery tomorrow and I won't believe it until I actually see it in person along with the registration in my name.

Best of luck to you.
Congrats. I also have delivery tomorrow. But over 1000 miles south of you. I went to delivery store today and got a peek at it. It was inside being cleaned and guy was wiping down the outside, windows, FWD's up but I could not get close to it. Got the cleaning guy to come over, verified the VIN and shall we say, gave the guy a little extra incentive to do best he can. Hoping both of us have great experiences.

Except that you do. Literally everything inside your car was made from petroleum. Carpet, seats, trim, etc. Oh and all the materials to make the rest of your car were mined and processed with petroleum.
Those uses of petroleum are good uses, easily satisfied domestically since the petroleum used for those products is in such small amounts, as opposed to using petroleum for fuel.

EDD's:Dec 21 became Jan 22 became Feb 22 became Mar 22 became Apr 22 became July, 22 became Mar24-Apr12 became July, 22 became Dec2022-Apr2023 became Aug09-Oct04 became June 21-July 11 became Sept 6- Nov 1

Became EDD June 24-June 28 and VIN NF3509XX today. I'll believe it when I see it.
that's about right for Tesla delivery schedule.

Getting so sick and tired of this crap.

@strider
I've received more communications from the KCSC in the last 2 hours than I've had with Tesla in almost 480 days! According to Jacob, their "forecast" is that a VIN is slated to be assigned to me in the 2nd half of July, meaning an early to mid-August delivery!

Thank you for your assistance and suggestion to reach out to Jacob. I'm hopeful that his information is accurate and that I do get a beginning of the quarter vehicle as opposed to the EOQ mad rush.

@MxTaycan
I'm hopeful that you'll be in the "blue batch" also!

I bet the car is at least in transit. It is the end of the quarter and Tesla wants your (and everyone else's) delivery in the count and you live in California, the last delivered in the quarter state. Enjoy your new car!!

Ordered June 6, 2022 - MX Plaid, MSM, black interior, 20". Original EDD is Aug-Oct. On June 23, 2022, it showed July 31 - Sept 11. Today, I saw a VIN... except it's an older VIN, 3399xx. Gonna reject it tomorrow. I waited to order on purpose till there were confirmation of swivel screen delivery, plus I don't need a car till Sept. Given the older VIN, probably a reject anyway.

Went down to the delivery center to get a look at my car the day before delivery. As there are so few reds, it was easy to spot in the back area. Walked down to check the VIN and sure enough it was mine. Just as I was about to reach the car some young guy comes out with the classic, “sir you are not allowed back here”. I said I was just looking to see my car as I continued to walk toward it. The guy kept yelling at me but I just kept walking. Quite frankly after waiting 17 months, I wasn’t going to let some young punk stop me from getting a quick look at my car to check for glaring issues at least. Anyway he kept yelling and coming my way and I kept walking. Checked the VIN, and did a once around to see how the Falcon Wing doors were lined up. One side looked just about perfect and the other a little off. Then did a quick lap just to see if anything jumped out at me. As this was very quick, I was far from thorough. I did see the trim on the far rear quarter window sticking out a bit. The big thing is the paint and the car was still dirty from transport so couldn’t tell much there.

I kept wanting to say to the guy, “I’ve waited 17 months, and it’s my car, so what are you going to do call the Tesla Police and have me arrested for looking at my own car”? Please. In the end though I realized the guy had no clue and was just doing his job as a Tesla anti-service person. So I complied and left. Hopefully they fix that and any other issues before tomorrow but quite frankly I could see they were in the EOQ push and were in that rush mode so my confidence is low. Hopefully no more issues though.

There we’re about 8 new X's on the lot. All were Plaids except mine and one other. Mine was the only Red.

Super Excited! Got a message that we can take delivery two days early! Now scheduled for Friday instead of Sunday. I'll post some pics after Ceramic and Tint are finished next week. Seems to be a little older VIN - Maybe 4 weeks? not sure. Maybe someone's financing fell through or because of higher rates they passed on it. Or it could be that it's been sitting in Chicago waiting for truck transport to Cincinatti- who knows. At any rate, I'll have my eagle-eyed wife to help inspect it so all good :p

MXLR - Red/White
FSD / 20's
VIN 7SAXCBE57NF340XXX
Ordered June 27, 2021
EDD - Moved all over the place including Nov - to Feb 2023 (Finally narrowed down to June 15th through 25th) We got our VIN and delivery window narrowed at the same time.

Did U have the tilt screen?

Went down to the delivery center to get a look at my car the day before delivery. As there are so few reds, it was easy to spot in the back area. Walked down to check the VIN and sure enough it was mine. Just as I was about to reach the car some young guy comes out with the classic, “sir you are not allowed back here”. I said I was just looking to see my car as I continued to walk toward it. The guy kept yelling at me but I just kept walking. Quite frankly after waiting 17 months, I wasn’t going to let some young punk stop me from getting a quick look at my car to check for glaring issues at least. Anyway he kept yelling and coming my way and I kept walking. Checked the VIN, and did a once around to see how the Falcon Wing doors were lined up. One side looked just about perfect and the other a little off. Then did a quick lap just to see if anything jumped out at me. As this was very quick, I was far from thorough. I did see the trim on the far rear quarter window sticking out a bit. The big thing is the paint and the car was still dirty from transport so couldn’t tell much there.

I kept wanting to say to the guy, “I’ve waited 17 months, and it’s my car, so what are you going to do call the Tesla Police and have me arrested for looking at my own car”? Please. In the end though I realized the guy had no clue and was just doing his job as a Tesla anti-service person. So I complied and left. Hopefully they fix that and any other issues before tomorrow but quite frankly I could see they were in the EOQ push and were in that rush mode so my confidence is low. Hopefully no more issues though.

There we’re about 8 new X's on the lot. All were Plaids except mine and one other. Mine was the only Red.
Why didn't you say? As soon as the hall way monitor figured out it was your car you'd think he'd back down. If not, screw him, break out the Karen.