Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went down to the delivery center to get a look at my car the day before delivery. As there are so few reds, it was easy to spot in the back area. Walked down to check the VIN and sure enough it was mine. Just as I was about to reach the car some young guy comes out with the classic, “sir you are not allowed back here”. I said I was just looking to see my car as I continued to walk toward it. The guy kept yelling at me but I just kept walking. Quite frankly after waiting 17 months, I wasn’t going to let some young punk stop me from getting a quick look at my car to check for glaring issues at least. Anyway he kept yelling and coming my way and I kept walking. Checked the VIN, and did a once around to see how the Falcon Wing doors were lined up. One side looked just about perfect and the other a little off. Then did a quick lap just to see if anything jumped out at me. As this was very quick, I was far from thorough. I did see the trim on the far rear quarter window sticking out a bit. The big thing is the paint and the car was still dirty from transport so couldn’t tell much there.

I kept wanting to say to the guy, “I’ve waited 17 months, and it’s my car, so what are you going to do call the Tesla Police and have me arrested for looking at my own car”? Please. In the end though I realized the guy had no clue and was just doing his job as a Tesla anti-service person. So I complied and left. Hopefully they fix that and any other issues before tomorrow but quite frankly I could see they were in the EOQ push and were in that rush mode so my confidence is low. Hopefully no more issues though.

There we’re about 8 new X's on the lot. All were Plaids except mine and one other. Mine was the only Red.
For anyone taking delivery in Irvine location. I drove through the parking lot yesterday and saw about 13 or so X’s. And ~2 more on a semi truck on its way to the same location. The lot was quite full. So it looks like production is going well.

Curious if anyone in SoCal is interested in PPF / Ceramic? We have a group buy going and would love to get a couple more folks in the mix to hit the price break with Sticker City. They're booking out to mid/late July now, so if anyone is taking delivery soon:) I'm taking delivery of my MX tomorrow and getting the work done in July.

DM me if interested!

My buddy's brother picked up his Model S LR from the KC showroom today.

Just north of Joplin (~2 hours / 150 miles south of KC) the rear motor gave up the ghost. Tesla wanted to tow it back to KC, he had a justifiable poop fest and demanded it towed back to Tulsa, Tesla relented and had it towed the rest of the way "home" ~2 hours / 120 miles to the Tulsa SC
79974911937013794052.png

Needless to say Tesla's name is mud to all my car wrenching buddies :(

#MaknigMemories?

Last edited:
Curious if anyone in SoCal is interested in PPF / Ceramic? We have a group buy going and would love to get a couple more folks in the mix to hit the price break with Sticker City. They're booking out to mid/late July now, so if anyone is taking delivery soon:) I'm taking delivery of my MX tomorrow and getting the work done in July.

DM me if interested!
Reach out to Doug at Concours Auto, his pricing beats most group buys, without the needed head count. Plus he custom cuts all PPF, as we all know cars dont all fit the same.

Let’s hope it will be a perfect one. Have you made your final payment yet? Is it ok to make it on the delivery day?
I’ll be paying by cashiers check on delivery. Best advice, don’t give them your money until your car passes your own personal QC standards and you know you are going to take it. Yes, it’s OK to do it this way. I’ve already done it twice.

Call me anything. I don't care.

After bashing Tesla for more than a year because of horrible delays and changed dates, I'm amazed how they are able to deliver cars with pin point accuracy.
My edd range starts from today and I just got the VIN!!! 3517xx

It's like your gf lied so many times that you had to break up. But now she's coming back and you forget everything that happened. Why? Because she's the sexiest there ever is.