Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My buddy's brother picked up his Model S LR from the KC showroom today.

Just north of Joplin (~2 hours / 150 miles south of KC) the rear motor gave up the ghost. Tesla wanted to tow it back to KC, he had a justifiable poop fest and demanded it towed back to Tulsa, Tesla relented and had it towed the rest of the way "home" ~2 hours / 120 miles to the Tulsa SC
79974911937013794052.png

Needless to say Tesla's name is mud to all my car wrenching buddies :(

#MaknigMemories?
My magnificent beast of a car has been pretty phenomenal. Hope his is fixed soon!

Would you mind posting his email? I’m going to swap my interior from black to white. Thank you.
I have been able to edit my design multiple times and although I ordered a Plaid I can still see the lower LR price that I could still switch to. To edit I go to the app, change from cash to 3rd party financing, go back to the main screen in the app with picture of vehicle and select manage. Then you are redirected to the website in your browser, hit the drop down on right and you can edit your design. I have done this 10 times easily because I cannot decide on White, MSM, or Black exterior. If you do not change the payment method you will not see the option to edit design (in my experience).

The last time EAP available to purchase is around Sep 2020 when I bought it for my 2020 MX. It was soon later ended until now.
For those of you picking up in Renton, WA - there's a parking lot just across the street from the delivery center. Went over there and drove around in a few circles to come up to speed on the yoke. Just took a few minutes...

And - for the EAP. It was included on my 2018 XLR. I really enjoyed the automatic lane change ability. Miss it. I'm having an internal tug of war about paying 6k for something that was included in my old car. Anyone have any thoughts ??

For those of you picking up in Renton, WA - there's a parking lot just across the street from the delivery center. Went over there and drove around in a few circles to come up to speed on the yoke. Just took a few minutes...

And - for the EAP. It was included on my 2018 XLR. I really enjoyed the automatic lane change ability. Miss it. I'm having an internal tug of war about paying 6k for something that was included in my old car. Anyone have any thoughts ??
My first Tesla was in late 2020 and without EAP so I bought it for $4000 when it's available.
I'm not sure if EAP was included before that time as standard but I know Tesla has history of taking things away to sell them separately.
Since they opened Fife SC now, I'm picking up there instead of Renton like previous times.

I don't believe EAP was ever included for free with any car. I bought it in December 2017 as part of my XLR at that time... I like the features provided. If you are keeping the car for a long time (6+ years), it's worth it as part of the overall Tesla experience!

I don't believe EAP was ever included for free with any car. I bought it in December 2017 as part of my XLR at that time... I like the features provided. If you are keeping the car for a long time (6+ years), it's worth it as part of the overall Tesla experience!
Maybe EAP was cheap in 2018 so @Dr_ScienceBI didn't pay attention when he actually paid for it as extra unless he bought a used car.

After a 517 day gestation period, the big Red Bat has landed. Hallelujah! Just wanted to post a few quick pics and will do a delivery write up later. Thank you all for (most of the time) keeping me sane during this insane process.

Attachments

• 8D484198-0AF5-4DE7-91BB-2633DBE9A364.jpeg
    8D484198-0AF5-4DE7-91BB-2633DBE9A364.jpeg
    596.2 KB · Views: 119
  • AE50C711-A54F-4E5C-82FA-2A66FCBFDC36.jpeg
    AE50C711-A54F-4E5C-82FA-2A66FCBFDC36.jpeg
    558.1 KB · Views: 75
  • 2D73184A-39E1-4D7C-9874-7EEF205EDC1E.jpeg
    2D73184A-39E1-4D7C-9874-7EEF205EDC1E.jpeg
    563.7 KB · Views: 82
  • DFEE9C5D-FEE6-4CAD-B17D-458A2FC7A174.jpeg
    DFEE9C5D-FEE6-4CAD-B17D-458A2FC7A174.jpeg