Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stopped by the SC just before dark last night on my way back from a long road trip out of state, hoping to find my new MXLR on the lot. No luck, but a lot of vehicles were locked in the building. Funny that several locked vehicles in the parking lot and in the building (could see through the glass) had their flashers on.

I received an automated phone call and text message this morning from Tesla confirming my delivery tomorrow afternoon. I plan to be there with fingers crossed and cashiers check in hand. Wish me luck!

Hmmm...if vehicle registration (in California) has an OR on it between title holders does that mean only one needs to be present to sell/trade in?

Hard to find info on this stuff!

edit: OK looks like if 'OR' is in title then only one party needs to be present. One problem down.

Last edited:
I have been able to edit my design multiple times and although I ordered a Plaid I can still see the lower LR price that I could still switch to. To edit I go to the app, change from cash to 3rd party financing, go back to the main screen in the app with picture of vehicle and select manage. Then you are redirected to the website in your browser, hit the drop down on right and you can edit your design. I have done this 10 times easily because I cannot decide on White, MSM, or Black exterior. If you do not change the payment method you will not see the option to edit design (in my experience).

Where in the app? Payment is locked out

Attachments

• 135F3D8E-D14A-4DDC-BF9B-280801BC4AAD.png
    135F3D8E-D14A-4DDC-BF9B-280801BC4AAD.png
    325.8 KB · Views: 81
And - for the EAP. It was included on my 2018 XLR. I really enjoyed the automatic lane change ability. Miss it. I'm having an internal tug of war about paying 6k for something that was included in my old car. Anyone have any thoughts ??
EAP was never included free. I went back and looked at my June 2018 MVPA, and found that I paid $5,000 for it. So 6k today is not too terrible. The entire car was $120,000, for X 100D in 2018. My 2020 X LR, was $99,990 incl FSD (the 2021 pricing). Now, if I ordered that very same car today, it would be $132,990.

If you want EAP, you should just get it. Unlikely it will go down in price.

Last edited:
EAP was never included free. I went back and looked at my June 2018 MVPA, and found that I paid $5,000 for it. So 6k today is not too terrible. The entire car was $120,000, for X 100D in 2018. My 2020 X LR, was $99,990 incl FSD (the 2021 pricing). Now, if I ordered that very same car today, it would be $132,990.

EAP was $4000 in Sep 2020 when I bought it. I was lucky 🙂

Don’t murder me for asking this off topic question. I did do an extensive search first. When looking for a solution to separate the cargo area from the 2nd row in the 6-seat configuration is there a way to attach a cargo net to the coat hangers on the ceiling and the clips on the folded down 3rd row to create a vertical cargo net divider? I found an old video on YouTube that shows a very expensive dividing wall that accomplishes this but is suboptimal for a variety of reasons.

For those of you picking up in Renton, WA - there's a parking lot just across the street from the delivery center. Went over there and drove around in a few circles to come up to speed on the yoke. Just took a few minutes...

And - for the EAP. It was included on my 2018 XLR. I really enjoyed the automatic lane change ability. Miss it. I'm having an internal tug of war about paying 6k for something that was included in my old car. Anyone have any thoughts ??
I'm having the same struggle on the $6,000. Seems high for auto lane change. If we do a long road trip I figure I'll rent FSD for a month or two. Other than that, day to day driving i don't need Nav on autopilot or auto lane change.

Reactions: ThortsMD and Hebert
My first Tesla was in late 2020 and without EAP so I bought it for $4000 when it's available.
I'm not sure if EAP was included before that time as standard but I know Tesla has history of taking things away to sell them separately.
Since they opened Fife SC now, I'm picking up there instead of Renton like previous times.
Curious. When you purchased the EAP after purchasing the car, were you charged sales tax?

Mine got pushed back again today. 4th time entering an estimated delivery window to have it pushed out. This time my June 25-July 12 moved to July 12 - Aug 16.

Original order date of 2/6/21, LR Blue/Black 6 seat.
My LR Blue/White 6 seater just got moved to July 14-Aug 18. I rejected one and then they had to pause my reservation bc it kept reassigning me the rejected one. Before today, I was like Nov-dec so glad to be moved back up and since we both have blue, I'm guessing they are producing them soon.

Reactions: lexus26

I’m amazed when people buying a mid or high end Tesla balk at EAP features. I remember the days when the “tech package” on any car was 5-7k. I use auto lane change and NoAP every single day I drive the car, and on trips it’s a game changer.

As always, do whatever fits your preference but it ain’t nothing to handle every lane change automatically and safely.

We got EAP on our 2017 X and definitely did it again on my 2018 3 Performance. When FSD was on offer for 2k I added to the 3. We now own both the 3 and X, and I am happy to have FSD on both because these cars will last for us.

Reactions: lexus26