Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I had to
The only benefit I see to buying EAP/FSD after the fact is to earn points on your credit card. If you finance your X you'll be paying whatever rate you borrow at on the added features. I'm not suggesting anyone do this but you could probably do a charge back on your card if you genuinely want to buy EAP but are unsatisfied with the purchase and Tesla won't refund you. If there was a way to avoid sales tax everyone would do it.

Question for the experienced: I ordered an MXP on 6/6/2022 and was assigned a VIN on 6/24. It was a relatively older VIN (339xxx). I went to the SC and ask for the VIN to be unassigned which they did with no issues. I noticed today that the account says that delivery is on hold till July 1. My assumption is that they probably did it so the VIN would get reassigned back on my account. Do I need to manually hit "I'm Ready" on July 1, or will it automatically put me back in the queue come July 1? Thx.

EAP was never included free. I went back and looked at my June 2018 MVPA, and found that I paid $5,000 for it. So 6k today is not too terrible. The entire car was $120,000, for X 100D in 2018. My 2020 X LR, was $99,990 incl FSD (the 2021 pricing). Now, if I ordered that very same car today, it would be $132,990.

If you want EAP, you should just get it. Unlikely it will go down in price.
RE: the EAP: in 2018. Thanks for the comeback. That's the identical car to mine - and the identical delivery month. I'll probably pull the trigger and order the EAP.

Question for the experienced: I ordered an MXP on 6/6/2022 and was assigned a VIN on 6/24. It was a relatively older VIN (339xxx). I went to the SC and ask for the VIN to be unassigned which they did with no issues. I noticed today that the account says that delivery is on hold till July 1. My assumption is that they probably did it so the VIN would get reassigned back on my account. Do I need to manually hit "I'm Ready" on July 1, or will it automatically put me back in the queue come July 1? Thx.
I ordered on 1/29/21 (LR 7 seat) and was assigned a vin almost a month ago. It was an older vin but the main issue for me was upcoming travel plans. I immediately called and requested a hold on order which was not an issue according to the phone rep.

Then starting about a week ago I started getting texts/emails about upcoming order cancellation if i didn’t remove hold by today (it also said placing another hold will result in cancellation). To be safe (this order includes over $30k in savings over current price), I removed hold yesterday since I’m now back in town. EDD now says November-January although I assume delivery will probably occur sooner- hopefully not as part of this eoq rush. Whichever vin gets assigned next, I will have to accept apparently. Ymmv but that’s my experience.

FYI. Just a quick note to those still waiting and hungry to get a car. While I was picking up my car yesterday, I encountered two people picking up X's. One from California who had just been in an accident and totaled his previous X. He needed a new car urgently. He had simply called around and said he needed a new X and would take delivery immediately. They had a long range in Vegas that somebody didn’t take and he flew out and grabbed it. Another couple had ordered a 7 seat long range in Black which had come in but the husband had decided he wanted the 6 seat configuration and was thinking about not taking it. The delivery center said hold on, and went in the back and drove out a brand new Red/Plaid/22” with of course the 6 seat configuration. The thing was gorgeous. They said if you want this instead it’s yours.

So my point being, if you really want a car now, I would call around to all delivery centers within a range that you are willing to travel to and tell them you are willing to take a car immediately if they have one. If you have previous pricing, tell them you'll take it but at your ordered price. They did that for another customer there. They are desperate to deliver every car possible for the next four days. So for a few days anyway, it appears it is a buyers market. Good hunting everyone.

Ok so I took delivery of VIN #NF3503XX yesterday on day 517

Car came off the assembly line on June 20. I picked it up in Vegas on June 25. I came armed with the delivery checklist and was prepared to not take delivery if there were too many issues, especially the paint. So when I arrived I immediately found the car sitting in the 106 degree heat. I spent about 30 minutes checking all the paint and fortunately found no issues. Yes! (I washed it today to really get a good look)
Then I went inside and asked for a delivery person and found a young woman who said she could help me. She started going into their regular routine of, give me the check and then open your Tesla app on your phone and hit accept. Once you do this you own the car of course so I balked. I told her I wanted to spend a little time going through the car to make sure everything was in good condition and working order. She said “OK fine it’s outside”. I thanked her and told her I had already looked at the outside of the car and needed to look at the inside and check all the door functions etc. She said, “Oh, I can’t let you inside the car until you have paid for and accepted it.” I was prepared for this as I have heard many others run into the same problem. I emphasized my need to see the inside first. She called a manager. The manager asked, “what’s your concern sir.” I told him “everything really, and I won’t buy the car until I’ve checked the inside and doors.” He gave me a dirty look, grumbled and told the woman to let me into the car. (don’t settle for this can’t look inside b.s.)
I spent an hour in the 106 degree heat going over everything alone. In the end there were no visible problems inside the car other than a few dirty spots courtesy of the delivery team that I could clean myself later, minor seat leather rinkles on second row, minor misalignment of driver side FWD (passenger side was perfect), and a minor misalignment of the trunk hatch. But truly all these were and are very minor, and I am picky as hell when it comes to my cars. So I felt fortunate with the interior and exterior. I did however find that one of the Falcon Wing doors would not close about every other time. So they called a tech out, he checked it out and agreed there was a problem. They took the car back in the shop for about 45 minutes and had to remove the interior of the door and adjust some parts as they said the door was just slightly out of line and thus the sensors would not allow it to close.
Fortunately, the tech who helped me with the fix was much nicer and much more accommodating than the other two. In fact, once it was fixed he himself brought my very limited paperwork (so different than a regular car purchase) signed two small pieces of paper (30 seconds) linked my app to the car, hit accept, and I was done. Guy thanked me for waiting and apologized that the car was not in correct working order upon my arrival. Then I jumped into the Red Bat, grabbed the steering yoke and drove home listening to some Andrea Bocelli on the outstanding 22 speaker 960 watt sound system. Bliss 😎

Observations and issues:

The car feels infinitely more premium than any of my other Teslas. I’ve had old S, 3, Y, and YP

The Falcon Wing doors are not opening fully most of the time especially when I am anywhere remotely close to another object even though there is plenty of room. Any suggestions from current owners on this one? Tech said sensors may be calibrating. 🧐

Yoke is no big deal and easy to adapt to

Steering wheel worm was all but non existent They must be getting better

Turn signals take a little practice

Did a full charge this morning to check max range and am indeed getting the 348 that it is rated for

The car was not well detailed. Lots of detail residue everywhere. Windshield inside was pretty smudged. I washed and detailed the car first thing this morning to get a really good look at the paint once it was truly clean. Did all the glass inside and out (lots of glass😰) After all that I still found no paint issues or obvious defects in the car.

Conclusion: I was fortunate and got a good one. Very happy with the car

Attachments

• 6EE88092-E407-4BF0-8D20-C77A88149682.jpeg
    6EE88092-E407-4BF0-8D20-C77A88149682.jpeg
    257.3 KB · Views: 100
  • 0F265B1A-2E8A-4B8A-B9B3-A3B95552ABB3.jpeg
    0F265B1A-2E8A-4B8A-B9B3-A3B95552ABB3.jpeg
    274.9 KB · Views: 88
  • EED2DEC8-C77C-4AFD-A2D6-34C2EDF9BC88.jpeg
    EED2DEC8-C77C-4AFD-A2D6-34C2EDF9BC88.jpeg
    835 KB · Views: 95
  • 9D37F985-ED2B-42D7-8F08-0B36DF71D79F.jpeg
    9D37F985-ED2B-42D7-8F08-0B36DF71D79F.jpeg
    752 KB · Views: 88
  • 672E6AFD-CBC0-41D0-A5C2-809E09CC8048.jpeg
    672E6AFD-CBC0-41D0-A5C2-809E09CC8048.jpeg
    871.6 KB · Views: 86
  • FF8FF5CD-1590-4BF1-AEDB-2F66BBB1B10D.jpeg
    FF8FF5CD-1590-4BF1-AEDB-2F66BBB1B10D.jpeg
    612.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 07E6F4D2-A68D-435B-9261-E44E9A9BFA45.jpeg
    07E6F4D2-A68D-435B-9261-E44E9A9BFA45.jpeg
    338.9 KB · Views: 91
  • 7E36AB4C-F4E7-47B8-81A3-9C6E684C4C02.jpeg
    7E36AB4C-F4E7-47B8-81A3-9C6E684C4C02.jpeg
    421.9 KB · Views: 87
I have been able to edit my design multiple times and although I ordered a Plaid I can still see the lower LR price that I could still switch to. To edit I go to the app, change from cash to 3rd party financing, go back to the main screen in the app with picture of vehicle and select manage. Then you are redirected to the website in your browser, hit the drop down on right and you can edit your design. I have done this 10 times easily because I cannot decide on White, MSM, or Black exterior. If you do not change the payment method you will not see the option to edit design (in my experience).
Thanks for that:) I’ll try it out.

Reactions: Jbapckfan