Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know what this black space is under the front cup holder beneath the C plugs?
It’s actually 349. Should I be concerned?

View attachment 821290
No, it's that they're pumping them out so fast just was curious about the vin numbers.

Attachments

• 20220625_200805.jpg
    20220625_200805.jpg
    350.9 KB · Views: 155
Reactions: lexus26
The only benefit I see to buying EAP/FSD after the fact is to earn points on your credit card. If you finance your X you'll be paying whatever rate you borrow at on the added features. I'm not suggesting anyone do this but you could probably do a charge back on your card if you genuinely want to buy EAP but are unsatisfied with the purchase and Tesla won't refund you. If there was a way to avoid sales tax everyone would do it.
I suspect one other benefit is that it might reduce the RTA taxes if you live some where that has them based on the MSRP of the car when new.

Reactions: ThortsMD
Don’t murder me for asking this off topic question. I did do an extensive search first. When looking for a solution to separate the cargo area from the 2nd row in the 6-seat configuration is there a way to attach a cargo net to the coat hangers on the ceiling and the clips on the folded down 3rd row to create a vertical cargo net divider? I found an old video on YouTube that shows a very expensive dividing wall that accomplishes this but is suboptimal for a variety of reasons.

When I carry a lot of things (suitcases, groceries) I take the back cover board off and put it across the back of the two seats. It keeps stuff from flying forward between the second row seats. ( I usually have my golf cart case inverted under that board so it makes a fairly flat space under the cover board.) See pix, the bottom of the golf cart case is level because I put the air pump under it and then remove the pump so the case will drop and make room for the cover board. It works, is always available, you don’t need anything else and don’t have to find a place for the anything else
😁

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    357.3 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
When I carry a lot of things (suitcases, groceries) I take the back cover board off and put it across the back of the two seats. It keeps stuff from flying forward between the second row seats. ( I usually have my golf cart case inverted under that board so it makes a fairly flat space under the cover board.) See pix, the bottom of the golf cart case is level because I put the air pump under it and then remove the pump so the case will drop and make room for the cover board. It works, is always available, you don’t need anything else and don’t have to find a place for the anything else
😁
Oh clever girl

• Funny
Reactions: Jbapckfan
Ok so I took delivery of VIN #NF3503XX yesterday on day 517

Car came off the assembly line on June 20. I picked it up in Vegas on June 25. I came armed with the delivery checklist and was prepared to not take delivery if there were too many issues, especially the paint. So when I arrived I immediately found the car sitting in the 106 degree heat. I spent about 30 minutes checking all the paint and fortunately found no issues. Yes! (I washed it today to really get a good look)
Then I went inside and asked for a delivery person and found a young woman who said she could help me. She started going into their regular routine of, give me the check and then open your Tesla app on your phone and hit accept. Once you do this you own the car of course so I balked. I told her I wanted to spend a little time going through the car to make sure everything was in good condition and working order. She said “OK fine it’s outside”. I thanked her and told her I had already looked at the outside of the car and needed to look at the inside and check all the door functions etc. She said, “Oh, I can’t let you inside the car until you have paid for and accepted it.” I was prepared for this as I have heard many others run into the same problem. I emphasized my need to see the inside first. She called a manager. The manager asked, “what’s your concern sir.” I told him “everything really, and I won’t buy the car until I’ve checked the inside and doors.” He gave me a dirty look, grumbled and told the woman to let me into the car. (don’t settle for this can’t look inside b.s.)
I spent an hour in the 106 degree heat going over everything alone. In the end there were no visible problems inside the car other than a few dirty spots courtesy of the delivery team that I could clean myself later, minor seat leather rinkles on second row, minor misalignment of driver side FWD (passenger side was perfect), and a minor misalignment of the trunk hatch. But truly all these were and are very minor, and I am picky as hell when it comes to my cars. So I felt fortunate with the interior and exterior. I did however find that one of the Falcon Wing doors would not close about every other time. So they called a tech out, he checked it out and agreed there was a problem. They took the car back in the shop for about 45 minutes and had to remove the interior of the door and adjust some parts as they said the door was just slightly out of line and thus the sensors would not allow it to close.
Fortunately, the tech who helped me with the fix was much nicer and much more accommodating than the other two. In fact, once it was fixed he himself brought my very limited paperwork (so different than a regular car purchase) signed two small pieces of paper (30 seconds) linked my app to the car, hit accept, and I was done. Guy thanked me for waiting and apologized that the car was not in correct working order upon my arrival. Then I jumped into the Red Bat, grabbed the steering yoke and drove home listening to some Andrea Bocelli on the outstanding 22 speaker 960 watt sound system. Bliss 😎

Observations and issues:

The car feels infinitely more premium than any of my other Teslas. I’ve had old S, 3, Y, and YP

The Falcon Wing doors are not opening fully most of the time especially when I am anywhere remotely close to another object even though there is plenty of room. Any suggestions from current owners on this one? Tech said sensors may be calibrating. 🧐

Yoke is no big deal and easy to adapt to

Steering wheel worm was all but non existent They must be getting better

Turn signals take a little practice

Did a full charge this morning to check max range and am indeed getting the 348 that it is rated for

The car was not well detailed. Lots of detail residue everywhere. Windshield inside was pretty smudged. I washed and detailed the car first thing this morning to get a really good look at the paint once it was truly clean. Did all the glass inside and out (lots of glass😰) After all that I still found no paint issues or obvious defects in the car.

Conclusion: I was fortunate and got a good one. Very happy with the car
I read your first and last words.

So, I just got vinned today! NF3502XX. As a Tesla shareholder, this is good news! As one of us waiting almost a year, amazing news! There is hope for all of us! My original order date is 7/2021 Model X LR no FSD black/black 20 inch wheels. I literally had an EDD of Oct 4-Dec. 13 this morning and was vinned this afternoon and texted a delivery date of June 27 - July 3 2022. Then was texted and was able to make an appointment for this Wednesday already. Should get in the delivery deadline for a 2nd quarter delivery If my appointment stays current! I am located about 2 1/2 hours away from Fremont so I’m sure that helped in my favor for Tesla to be able to Vin and deliver quickly to count for the end of the quarter.

😁
Wow, nice. So the cover is just jammed in there and holding itself in place? Thank you for posting the photo.

She said “OK fine it’s outside”. I thanked her and told her I had already looked at the outside of the car and needed to look at the inside and check all the door functions etc. She said, “Oh, I can’t let you inside the car until you have paid for and accepted it.” I was prepared for this as I have heard many others run into the same problem. I emphasized my need to see the inside first. She called a manager. The manager asked, “what’s your concern sir.” I told him “everything really, and I won’t buy the car until I’ve checked the inside and doors.” He gave me a dirty look, grumbled and told the woman to let me into the car. (don’t settle for this can’t look inside b.s.)

This is rather absurd that you even had to ask to see the interior before accepting. It also shows how inconsistent these Tesla delivery centers are. The "no dealer" model was supposed to solve this, but in a lot of ways it really does feel like visiting a traditional dealer (there are good ones and bad ones).

Model X Plaid delivery june 28 for me. Can any current refreshed model x owners reply to me? I am currently bringing model x plaid and lr refreshed owners together to collab on updating the pre-refreshed model x delivery checklist, I'll message those owners with a google doc edit link.

Reactions: snappy1
Wow seriously lowball offer on trade-in model S - like $25k less (slightly less than 50%) than the price of the lowest comparable which is also on the complete opposite side of the country) vehicle. I looked through tesla inventory, carmax, carvana, autotrader. Time to sell elsewhere although it is less convenient.

Last edited:
well this should be fun. our deposit check we put into our account (again seriously who still uses checks when pulling money out of places still), cleared this morning but went back on immediate hold until the 5th. will wait until tomorrow to see what happens otherwise may have to see if theyre willing to hold delivery until the 5th

Wow seriously lowball offer on trade-in model S - like $25k less (slightly less than 50%) than the price of the lowest comparable which is also on the complete opposite side of the country) vehicle. I looked through tesla inventory, carmax, carvana, autotrader. Time to sell elsewhere although it is less convenient.
I sold my MSLR for $13K more than Tesla offered in trade.

Reactions: Jbapckfan