Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sent an email to Jorge on Saturday to update from 22" to 20" wheels, just got a response from him today. I asked him to go ahead and make the change.. I'm hopefully I will see my X a little sooner.

1656437849775.png

For an MXP? I ordered after you and am seeing 8/14-9/25. Tesla’s site currently says Aug-Oct for new orders.

I will cancel my order if it pushes into 2023 (for tax reasons). Until your post I didn’t think that was a possibility.
Yup, same here, I also need it for tax purposes (100% Bonus Depreciation) for 2022, otherwise, it's 80% for 2023. At that point, I'm better off just waiting for a Long Range.

I intend to cancel my order if it doesn't arrive before end of 2022. Quite annoying but it is what it is...

Reactions: Jbapckfan
Yup, same here, I also need it for tax purposes (100% Bonus Depreciation) for 2022, otherwise, it's 80% for 2023. At that point, I'm better off just waiting for a Long Range.

I intend to cancel my order if it doesn't arrive before end of 2022. Quite annoying but it is what it is...

In exactly the same boat. I think we’ll both receive by October at the latest and more likely August. I would consider R1S or the new Lucid SUV if either could actually deliver in 2023 if I get pushed to ‘23.

Reactions: iczer34
I’m potentially taking delivery this Thursday and expect a crazy scene at eoq, which I was hoping to avoid but whatever.

Tesla just came back with a very solid trade-in offer for my Model 3. My only concern is that once they accept the trade-in on site, I’ll have no option to reject the X for quality issues, however unlikely that is.

Can others chime in about the logistics of trading in to Tesla as it relates to inspecting new car before accepting delivery?

I’m potentially taking delivery this Thursday and expect a crazy scene at eoq, which I was hoping to avoid but whatever.

Tesla just came back with a very solid trade-in offer for my Model 3. My only concern is that once they accept the trade-in on site, I’ll have no option to reject the X for quality issues, however unlikely that is.

Can others chime in about the logistics of trading in to Tesla as it relates to inspecting new car before accepting delivery?
Just tell your rep at the service center you'd like to inspect your new vehicle before doing any paperwork. They are human. Nothing is forced.

Reactions: goldenage
You ordered a month ago?
Come on. Imagine 15months wait
Not really a fair comparison. Many are ordering the Plaid knowing the current delivery estimates are very short. When early orders were placed on the LR the delivery time was an unknown.

The same exact thing happened with the Model Y. People had ordered theirs over a year earlier. I placed my MYP order and took delivery 3 months later, before many of them (particularly the 7 seat orders). I did this because the LR times were 9 months out and the MYP times were 1-2 months out. And those estimates seemed to be pretty accurate.

Reactions: iczer34
Sad day, returned my '17 X 100D loaner and got my '18 Performance 3 back from service after almost 2 weeks. OMG the differences are immediate. The 3 felt like a toy car. The screen felt tiny. What's this odd feeling? Oh that's right, my butt is like 2 inches off the ground again. And the road noise! It was a dull constant. Surprised I got used to it and just lived with it. The 3 is so darn small in my garage again, it's almost cute. So yeah, my EDD can't come fast enough so I can get back into an X. I'm surprised, but also happy, at how well I took to the X. I was afraid I wouldn't like being in a bigger CUV but come to find out the X fits me perfectly.

Biggest cons in my book are the musical chair disco dance we do in the garage when both kids get out the FWDs. Not much space from driver door to opening driver FWD and lots of crouching/ducking. Asking the kid behind me to humor me and get out the passenger side so it'll give each of us a bit more room.

Also the rear hatch can't completely open while in the garage. Made it a bit of a pain even more crouching when I had loaded up the back with a grocery run. So note to self, gonna have to unload while in the driveway and then bring the X into the garage.

Not really a fair comparison. Many are ordering the Plaid knowing the current delivery estimates are very short. When early orders were placed on the LR the delivery time was an unknown.

The same exact thing happened with the Model Y. People had ordered theirs over a year earlier. I placed my MYP order and took delivery 3 months later, before many of them (particularly the 7 seat orders). I did this because the LR times were 9 months out and the MYP times were 1-2 months out. And those estimates seemed to be pretty accurate.
Yup, the only reason I "splurged" for the Plaid is the shorter delivery times. However, if I get extended into 2023 - I'd have to consider other options. Maybe I should head down to the Porsche dealer and put a deposit for the Taycan GTS Sport Turismo. Whichever comes first, gets the business!

Sadly, I won't be able to take advantages of the write-off with a Taycan but i'll get $7500 federal tax credit!

There were couple Plaids released on discord yesterday. Check that one

Reactions: Jbapckfan
I got a text yesterday to ask me if I wish to change the wheel option or color option so I can pick it up this month, I reply yes, and nobody answers me, so I just call TESLA customer service to ask them what color is available? They check for me and there is one same as my order, so the person just send me the VIN number and let me go to pick it up on 6/30. if I did not call them, my EDD still need to wait for 1-2 months, while the person checks the inventory for me, it seems they have a couple more plaid is available to inventory, if you want, you can call them to ask what is available, the one that I have was build on 6/18. it is still in the Freemont factory, it will send it out tomorrow.
Vin 351XXX

Hello all,

Has anyone taken a home delivery recently? How was your experience?
Can I reject the delivery if something is wrong with the car?

I ordered my MXP Oct 2021, and got a VIN 350xxx signed yesterday and received an email asking to schedule delivery, but home delivery is the only option. I live less than 15 miles from the delivery center, wondering why they are doing the home delivery for me.

Took delivery yesterday. I have the option for both. $12K for FSD. $6K for EAP.
Please lets not forget the $200/month for FSD, start/cancel anytime.

Oh look, the latest vaporware. It's painful to think people fall for these scams. Then again, when you have to wait so long for the real deal, I can almost see how I would have looked with some interest here...

AND at least they are saying you'll get a VIN... fast. :rolleyes::p😄

Hang in there folks, and don't fall for that (or other 'options')... it's worth the wait!