Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi - I'm having some issues with GPS also. It becomes a problem when the satellites have been obscured for a while - mostly while I'm on the ferry to Seattle. The GPS places me in the ferry terminal at the starting point and shows me to be in Puget Sound. I believe it's the LTE module. I can fix it by doing a system reboot, but should not have to do that at all. Replacing the LTE module should not be a big deal. Should be relatively inexpensive. I'll give it a few more times and if there's no improvement will set up a service appointment.
It was confirmed on Reddit years ago that the gps doesn’t update when the car is being moved (ferry tow truck etc). It’s only when the car is turned on and in motion on its own accord that the gps uodates. I noticed this first hand when I had it on the bainbridge ferry.

Hi - I'm having some issues with GPS also. It becomes a problem when the satellites have been obscured for a while - mostly while I'm on the ferry to Seattle. The GPS places me in the ferry terminal at the starting point and shows me to be in Puget Sound. I believe it's the LTE module. I can fix it by doing a system reboot, but should not have to do that at all. Replacing the LTE module should not be a big deal. Should be relatively inexpensive. I'll give it a few more times and if there's no improvement will set up a service appointment.
Interesting, I noticed the same thing with my map/GPS. It isn't always correct. I can be driving on the Interstate, it shows me driving over houses about 500 yards away. So 3 of us with this? Wonder what the core issue is. My M3 never did this.

My advice to anyone taking delivery of a car with visible paint issues or dents - reject the car. Basic panel and door alignments can be fixed with a mobile visit or a day at the service center.

While my experience might be isolated to the DC area; the Tyson's service center is not set up to handle these types of repairs. Today I arrived and spent about 30 minutes with the sales person taping off the disconnected panels, broken seals, paint bubbles, loose cameras, and missing driver's door trim panel. Only after all this did I discover they didn't have any loaners. I was amazed that Tesla, despite the end of quarter push, has not tried to improve customer experience on these cars that knowingly have visible defects that need to be fixed. The estimate on repair time for my vehicle was 1 to 2 weeks.

My only consolation is I likely saved a couple grand in interest taking the car when I did vs. waiting for a new vehicle and potentially have my rate float again.

Reactions: BonB
anyone got the refreshed X delivery checklist. the one on the sticky is for the old X

See the Delivery Checklist tab at the bottom of the order tracking spreadsheet.

Last edited:
Reactions: iczer34 and mylu

thanks!

Anyone else with a spidey sense that Tesla is going to stop production to put Matrix lights in the X after this quarter push ends (like they did with the S earlier this year)?

Hopefully we get a few more photos and reviews from recent deliveries.
It would be in-line with the Sawyer Merritt rumor, but that rumor is months old now. Still, I'll be paying very close attention to any deliveries of July builds coming up.

how did pickup go?
The beauty are home.
Unfortunate, MX got a small dent. SA called me about it ahead of time.
Fits and gaps are acceptable, of course for me. It's even better than my old MX.
Will say more about it when I have a chance to drive more.
20220630_082655.jpg
20220630_082740.jpg
20220630_082820.jpg
20220630_082853.jpg
20220630_082841.jpg

20220630_082714.jpg

Picking mine up from the factory today, unbelievably quick turnaround (ordered Feb 2nd). Will update with delivery experience details.

They text me yesterday offering pickup last night, and rescinded that offer after their delivery team inspected the vehicle, I'll be clutching the delivery checklist when I go in.
I imagine the last builds at EoQ all go to orders close to the factory. If they get put on a truck they'll miss the earnings for Q2.

I updated some of the conditional formatting in the sheet so cancelled orders automatically get strike through, and orders that haven't had their data updated since April are marked in red. Make sure to update the "Check-In" column if you are changing details about your order so we know they aren't stale data.

Also, last week or so i went through all orders from June '21 or before and tried to find their forum user and update the spreadsheet, so hopefully those ones are relatively up to date if they have any sort of forum presence.