Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sad day, returned my '17 X 100D loaner and got my '18 Performance 3 back from service after almost 2 weeks. OMG the differences are immediate. The 3 felt like a toy car. The screen felt tiny. What's this odd feeling? Oh that's right, my butt is like 2 inches off the ground again. And the road noise! It was a dull constant. Surprised I got used to it and just lived with it. The 3 is so darn small in my garage again, it's almost cute. So yeah, my EDD can't come fast enough so I can get back into an X. I'm surprised, but also happy, at how well I took to the X. I was afraid I wouldn't like being in a bigger CUV but come to find out the X fits me perfectly.

Biggest cons in my book are the musical chair disco dance we do in the garage when both kids get out the FWDs. Not much space from driver door to opening driver FWD and lots of crouching/ducking. Asking the kid behind me to humor me and get out the passenger side so it'll give each of us a bit more room.

Also the rear hatch can't completely open while in the garage. Made it a bit of a pain even more crouching when I had loaded up the back with a grocery run. So note to self, gonna have to unload while in the driveway and then bring the X into the garage.

After being in my Model 3 a few days after returning my Model X '17 100D I'm slowly getting accustomed to the 3 again. Snappier CPU is game changing for sure. The X was slow as molasses. I also have to repeatedly remind myself I have to manually close my door after I step on the brake pedal after getting in 🤣

That is SUCH garbage! No idea how someone gets a LR in 2 months and there are still many of us waiting more than 15 months! Just proves how bad Tesla is at running the business. Great cars but they are definitely going to lose customers over things like this!
This is just Tesla salvaging a tough quarter. As a shareholder, I appreciate the effort and understand that a few customers will be upset.

All of this (no IC in 3/Y, no HUD, the yoke, no stalks, etc) is caused by Elon's belief that FSD will be ready "any day now." If one believes that is true, it doesn't make sense to pour a lot of R&D time and $ into a HUD that will be rendered useless once cars have FSD. Because of this you will not see very many features that will make Teslas a "driver's car."
Totally, very logical and sensible line of thinking. However, do I believe Tesla can actually achieve true autonomous driving using only cameras? I very much do not, and apparently lots of other smart people agree with that, seeing as literally every other company developing autonomous driving technology uses a much more varied sensor suite vs. just cameras. This is why I never even once considered shelling out for FSD, even when it was cheaper, but I'll be there rooting for them to succeed while remaining a skeptic. And I'll still love driving Teslas regardless!

Picked up our Feb 2021 order, 349XXX VIN, LR, six seater yesterday. Other than some dirty seats and minor misalignment on the FWD on the driver's side, the car was in almost perfect condition. We originally were going to decide if we want to keep our 2mos old BMW X5 or MX. But we got a good deal on our 2018 M3 from a local dealer (55k) so, we sold it and keeping both.

Wife's first impression when she sat in the X, "BMW interior is much nicer", lol. X5 actually has all that we need. With all the talk about front windshield, I didn't find it that special during my first impression. But driving it earlier today, it's massive, lol. Need to find a good place to tint in SoCal.

All in all, the car is great and I love the FWD for loading/unloading the kiddos this morning. But for 110K+, I would probably buy BMW next time and keep the extra cash. Thank you everyone for all the info in this thread. It's been a long 17mos journey but you all made it bearable.

View attachment 823149
I wish BMW made a decent EV (but they don't, at least not yet).

Not a fan of the iX? Since I’m a total EV newb I thought it was pretty good, but, I have no frame of reference. Just curious as to what you’d want to see in a “decent” EV from them!
I don’t like the front styling but otherwise it looks pretty nice but has less space (and no 3rd row option) than the MX. An electric X5, X6, or X7 that looks like the ice version would be very popular.

Reactions: Elixir and -motts-
If I had a lead on a person who is looking to flip a new X they just got, is there anything from a warranty perspective I would need to worry about buying a "used" Tesla with 50 miles on it. I know I lose the one year free premium connectivity by buying used.
No downside as far as warranty coverages. The one year free premium connectivity is from date of first delivery and is not effected by owner transfer. I bought mine “used” (141 miles) and have the free premium connectivity but lost about 3 months of the “year” from first delivery to my purchase date. I ordered mine from Tesla the next day after the whopping price increase. When I did the numbers comparing Tesla’s delivery price to my “used” purchase price from Ford and the difference in trade in between Tesla and the Ford dealer the delta was only about $2k. It was worth it to me so I could get the car earlier and know I had it rather than the squishey projected delivery date of October 2022.

Reactions: Dr Gez
No downside as far as warranty coverages. The one year free premium connectivity is from date of first delivery and is not effected by owner transfer. I bought mine “used” (141 miles) and have the free premium connectivity but lost a 3 months of the “year” from first delivery to my purchase date. I ordered mine from Tesla the next day after the whopping price increase. When I did the numbers comparing Tesla’s delivery price to my “used” purchase price from Ford and the difference in trade in between Tesla and the Ford dealer the delta was only about $2k. It was worth it to me so I could get the car earlier than the squishey projected delivery date of October 2022.
I'm in a similar situation where a dealer has a new X with 50 miles - while they are charging more than I would be paying for my Oct 21 reservation that's now delayed until at least Q4 2022, they're also offering me a lot more for my trade in than Tesla would offer - to the point where I come out ahead now. If I sold my car private and didn't get the tax savings for trading in, comparing those deals I may end up paying $6K more but I get the car now and not 6 months which could impact the value of my current car. I just wanted to ensure that if I go and buy this car and see panel gaps, FWD alignment issues, etc it would all be the same as if I got it new from Tesla for repairs

That alignment looks very good for a Tesla! Not joking!
Oh yeah I’m shocked by the alignment. Really there’s not much to complain about on this one. Very very small paint spot that I’m torn on getting fixed cause I’ve seen the horror stories on paint fixes on here

Attachments

• C356E891-2002-4D0B-BE2F-732215BF169E.jpeg
    C356E891-2002-4D0B-BE2F-732215BF169E.jpeg
    765.7 KB · Views: 86
If I had a lead on a person who is looking to flip a new X they just got, is there anything from a warranty perspective I would need to worry about buying a "used" Tesla with 50 miles on it. I know I lose the one year free premium connectivity by buying used.
I bought a used 2022 refreshed MSLR that only had 120 miles on it and the free year of premium connectivity was included.

Ordered MXP on 3/11/22, current EDD July 10th-Aug 14. Highly doubt it will hold but fingers crossed.
I ordered a plaid for Midwest delivery on 5/11/22 and another one to be delivered in Vegas on 6/11/22. Wouldn’t you know they both got vin assigned two days ago. I only wanted one but thought maybe Vegas would deliver faster. I picked up one and released the other.