Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone heard anything about the airbag horn ever being enabled? After Elon said the hardware was in all the vehicles since November 2021 I haven’t heard anything else about it.

It’s my only complaint about the yoke - the horn as a button is too hard to find in a panic situation and too easy to hit when doing low speed turns.
I went with a friend to his Plaid delivery yesterday and the center airbag section definitely moves slightly and feels like there is a switch behind it. I seem to remember that quite a few months ago Elon tweeted that all vehicles being prodiuced at that point had the proper hardware and the center push horn would be implemented at some point in the future. We shall see...

I went with a friend to his Plaid delivery yesterday and the center airbag section definitely moves slightly and feels like there is a switch behind it. I seem to remember that quite a few months ago Elon tweeted that all vehicles being prodiuced at that point had the proper hardware and the center push horn would be implemented at some point in the future. We shall see...
I can actually push in the airbag. My MX just got software update notice. Will run it tonight when it's in the garage but don't expect airbag horn activated though.

Reactions: Jbapckfan
Kudos to my local service advisors. I went in person to ask about my delivery order being delayed to July 1-7. They reassured me that I would get a new VIN and delivery date appointment soon. I have always had excellent service by going in to the local service center. Luckily mine is close by. May be helpful for some of you to check in with your local advisor. In my case, including when I picked up a model 3 with my daughter it has been excellent for service!

Looks like here's the latest version for X/S: 2022.16.3 - no release notes yet though....
Screen Shot 2022-07-01 at 8.05.00 PM.png

Reactions: timberlights
Just picked up my Model X 2 days ago. It's an amazing car. However, it does come with issues. The door panel gap issue and water in the rear brake light issue have been mentioned by many people. However, I noticed a new issue I do not see anyone mention:

I noticed a strong dash glare on the windshield under sunlight. It's the mesh-looking holes where the dash and windshield meet. It is pretty noticeable. takes almost half of the windshield. It's clearly a design issue. I'd probably not purchase this car if I knew this before. Here are some pictures. If anyone knows a solution to this please let me know.

Attachments

• IMG_6983.PNG
    IMG_6983.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 103
  • Informative
Reactions: timberlights
Just a little info I found out last week - if you are buying out of state because there is no tesla dealer in your state, make sure that you get your new car's state inspection at the DMV before tinting - especially if tinting front windows and windshield. I had mine scheduled for ceramic and window tint two days after delivery. Fortunately, the shop was on top of it. They said the sheriff' will fail the vehicle and I would end up having to remove the tint and get it re-inspected. They rescheduled mine for after the inspection. It took about a week to get the documents I need to get it inspected. I'll post a few pics when the work is completed. 👍👍

Reactions: lexus26 and neo1738
Free green light chime for all of us! Suspension and seatbelt features too.

Free green light chime for all of us! Suspension and seatbelt features too.

This is a great feature but it also gave us chime for a wrong lane few times 😀

Reactions: golferguy