Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would say (not sure it's true or not) Tesla is delaying the order with lower price and put first priority for those who order with new price. Therefore you will see someone who just ordered couple months ago then they have VIN but still let us wait here month by month. Well no choices i wish other EV can catch up but seems like no hope ....sad
Doesn't really make sense to do that. Tesla stated price increases etc are based on their estimated cost at the time of production. If they sell "more expensive cars" now to show more profit when they do sell the less expensive cars they will be much less profit or at a loss. I think it's a combination of batch, location, and def luck. There is a gist to delivery older cars first but if you are in the right place right time Tesla will assign to whoever will take delivery quickest and move on without a thought and without trying to find the person w the longest order in that area.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Make sure to cross compare with carmax, carvana, etc. Carmax offered me $11k more than Tesla (2017 Model S w/ 59k miles).
Thanks for the heads up. I’ve given up hope on Carvana, but will definitely check with Carmax. carvana only quoted me $35k when Tesla gave me $45.9… Vroom quoted $40k… I’m guess my local Cavana bought too many cars that they can’t sell…

My friend sold them a 3-year old BMW M3 for 5k below how much he got it for last year, and it wasn’t sold 5 months after…

You can get one of these to do that. I have no affiliation. Many similar products that do this.

Wow. And just like that, you’ve introduced me to the world of Etsy. I’ve got a bunch of stuff in my cart lol XD. Seriously… lol previously I had thought basically that was where people bought knitted stuff. 🤭🫣

i believe it's the camera, lights are working fine :)

Other news...updated to 2022.16.3 and now the car has problems, lol

GPS STUCK
NO AUTOPILOT

tried resetting multiple times, power-off, and the 'change wheel' reset...still no luck. Will try to contact Tesla but in the meantime, booked a service appointment. Hoping it fixes itself by the time I wake up tomorrow morning.

sigh.
Seems like quite a few people are having GPS issues with the refresh. Wonder what the cause is

Wow. And just like that, you’ve introduced me to the world of Etsy. I’ve got a bunch of stuff in my cart lol XD. Seriously… lol previously I had thought basically that was where people bought knitted stuff. 🤭🫣
Haha, sorry. Etsy, as it relates to our purposes here, is great for custom shirts, signs, accessories. Here’s a few examples. I bought overlying matte emblems from Etsy that worked out really well on my Y.

Lots of random stuff. Goldmine for some, others wouldn’t care, worth a look.

Haha, sorry. Etsy, as it relates to our purposes here, is great for custom shirts, signs, accessories. Here’s a few examples. I bought overlying matte emblems from Etsy that worked out really well on my Y.

Lots of random stuff. Goldmine for some, others wouldn’t care, worth a look.
Browsing products at Etsy may help alleviate the wait for some! 😄

When I saw this it made me think about the huge range of possibilities the Anker 3D printer (for my son ahem cough cough 😉) that I preordered on Kickstarter has. And also it occurs to me that knitting/crocheting was the original form of 3D printing!

Reactions: Jbapckfan
Is there experience with being inside an EDD with no VIN? Thoughts on what this typically leads to? (Further delay coming or VIN any day now?) thanks in advance
I have been inside my EDD window twice now, each time by one day, and the last time, it pushed back one month to a six week window. They make them in batches, it is all a guess until you get your VIN.

I am happy/hoping not to get mine at an EOQ push. I am guessing the quality is a little better based on responses in the forum.

I have been inside my EDD window twice now, each time by one day, and the last time, it pushed back one month to a six week window. They make them in batches, it is all a guess until you get your VIN.

I am happy/hoping not to get mine at an EOQ push. I am guessing the quality is a little better based on responses in the forum.
Appreciate the response driver, good luck to you brother

Reactions: Driver 8
Just picked up my Model X 2 days ago. It's an amazing car. However, it does come with issues. The door panel gap issue and water in the rear brake light issue have been mentioned by many people. However, I noticed a new issue I do not see anyone mention:

I noticed a strong dash glare on the windshield under sunlight. It's the mesh-looking holes where the dash and windshield meet. It is pretty noticeable. takes almost half of the windshield. It's clearly a design issue. I'd probably not purchase this car if I knew this before. Here are some pictures. If anyone knows a solution to this please let me know.
maybe its your white interior? I don't see this issue on my black interior.