Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great to see this now available. Although I am patiently waiting for someone to manufacture all weather floor mats for the 7 seater. Does anyone know of 7 seat fllor mats being available yet, or are we all still waiting for those?
From the drop down, select 7-seater.

Reactions: nBar5EV1
Weather mat options seem pretty limited but these look interesting:

R1 Tesla has a Youtube video of a very similar product and they looked very luxurious imo, the ability to clip in place and button/unbutton the darker insert seems useful

• Informative
Reactions: EV3_
Great to see this now available. Although I am patiently waiting for someone to manufacture all weather floor mats for the 7 seater. Does anyone know of 7 seat fllor mats being available yet, or are we all still waiting for those?
I second this. I bought the Tesla front mats a while ago when they came back in stock and I cannot find anything for the 7 seaters and sucks that they might might now match the front in the end.

Also, has anyone just bought the trunk, under trunk (not sure how to call it), and frunk mats separately and would like to share the link? Thanks!

Better late than never, here's my delivery review and vehicle impressions.

Configuration: LR, 5 Seat, Blue/Black, 20", FSD

Accepted delivery at Fremont factory on Thursday the 30th, the gentleman who assisted me with the trade in and final payment was somewhat exhausted, end of quarter crunch clearly hitting him hard.
Regrettably I was unable to persuade him to allow me to inspect the inside of the vehicle before paying, or processing the trade-in.

Exterior: Other than a few minor scuffs on the hood, and a piece of trim misalignment for the driver side FWD, it was absolutely perfect.

Transaction and tech transfer troubles: I paid via Plaid which was smooth, and we processed the trade-in which was entirely painless.
The Tesla app transitioned to the new car being active, at which point I was unable to control the vehicle. I stood outside the car trying to unlock with the app for about 10 minutes - the error "command timed out" would come up after ~90 seconds.
I tried logging out and logging back into the app. The issue persisted, and re-installing the app was what finally resolved the it granting, finally, access to inspect the interior.

Interior: Similarly was perfect, despite being slightly disheveled in terms of passenger seat backs not being locked into position.
FWDs, front doors, trunk and frunk all responding appropriately, seat materials immaculate, sound system bold and detailed,

The drive home was smooth and comfortable, I was pleasantly surprised by how pleasant it is to drive with a cooled bottom.

In the last few days I've identified a few additional issues:
  • The charge port door won't open when I push the button on my home charger, nor will it open when I push the door.
  • The yoke isn't perfectly aligned
Along with the minor trim alignment issue identified on the exterior, those are what I'm requesting the service center correct.

The good:
  • It's a joy to drive, I'm thrilled with the vehicle interior comfort, ride, performance and features.
  • Better quality than anticipated, both FWDs function beautifully every time which is a tremendous relief after the horror stories.
  • Interior is dramatically better than the previously owned and previously driven Tesla models (pre-2021 refresh).
  • Smooth, powerful throttle response in "Sport".

The bad:
  • While I understand the pressure of a crunch, an ambivalent and exhausted delivery staff dampened my enthusiasm at handover time.
  • Comfort setting rocks the cabin forward (subtly, but noticeably) even when using gentle single-peddle braking. I expected better from the dynamic suspension.

The ugly:
  • This car has markedly better fit and finish than my 2016 Model S, but Tesla still has challenges with the quality of the fit and finish, as observed with the exterior panel alignment.
  • Whoever is cleaning these cars for delivery needs to be more careful with the paint. Scratches in the paintwork at delivery are ridiculous.

Hi all, I’ve been quietly lurking and reading others updates, and mine is now worth talking about:

No options 7 seater but with FSD, Ordered 5/2021, EDD was July then pushed out to November 2022 - April 2023, and last week just changed back to 7/1-7/18 (YAY?)

But no VIN, no texts from SA, no calls from anyone, just patiently waiting…

I second this. I bought the Tesla front mats a while ago when they came back in stock and I cannot find anything for the 7 seaters and sucks that they might might now match the front in the end.

Also, has anyone just bought the trunk, under trunk (not sure how to call it), and frunk mats separately and would like to share the link? Thanks!
Hi, folks. Regarding floor mats.
Traded in my 2018 XLR six seater - it had WeatherTech mats in front, middle, and trunk. Hardly used the frunk, so no mats. Tried to use the old mats on the new Refresh (XLR Six Seater). Front mats did not fit at all. Middle and trunk fit perfectly. So, got the new WeatherTechs for the front and left the others in place. I'm a happy camper.

The old front mats for the 2018 XLR are sitting in the garage waiting for a new owner. If anyone's close to Bainbridge Island and would like them let me know. They're in pretty good shape - could use a pressure wash. BTW - if you don't have some kind of mat system that will contain spills you're making a mistake. Got WeatherTech mats in my 2007 Rx400h as well as the 2018 XLR. They saved my bacon more than once....

Hi all, I’ve been quietly lurking and reading others updates, and mine is now worth talking about:

No options 7 seater but with FSD, Ordered 5/2021, EDD was July then pushed out to November 2022 - April 2023, and last week just changed back to 7/1-7/18 (YAY?)

But no VIN, no texts from SA, no calls from anyone, just patiently waiting…
Have you been reach either by text or email about a trade-in? And this is a narrow range and based on what I experienced, I see it as very good news. Good luck!

I don't think it has anything to do with 6 seaters, I have a 6 seater and my EDD changed as well, but it was from 7/18 - 8/29 to 7/22 - 8/26. I order in May 2022 so I think it makes sense that people ordered in July 2022 have a later EDD than I do.
Agreed, but what about those of us who ordered 1st quarter 2021? Shouldn’t we get ours before any 2022 orders?

I don't think it has anything to do with 6 seaters, I have a 6 seater and my EDD changed as well, but it was from 7/18 - 8/29 to 7/22 - 8/26. I order in May 2022 so I think it makes sense that people ordered in July 2022 have a later EDD than I do.
Agreed, but what about those of us who ordered 1st quarter 2021? Shouldn’t we get ours before any 2022 orders?
Our 6 seat January 2021 order EDD updated to 7/24 - 8/28 over the weekend.

Of course, you should definitely get it before I do, no doubt about that. But I was talking about people thinking 6 seaters are being pushed out :)

I've seen multiple people posting about your EDD is actually based on when you completed your pre-delivery tasks, instead of your order day (which doesn't make sense to me...), did you complete all your tasks soon after you placed the order?

Just got notification from WeatherTech that the 22 MX floor liners are available.

Thanks for posting this!

Anyone knows how the 2nd and 3rd row mat works? Do I need to remove the seat in order to install it?