Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey there, is Cory your SA?

Starting to think Matrix lights may be coming with a major absence of early July deliveries. 🫣
I'm in communication with a guy at the Tulsa service center, Paden. But who knows if that's really the case since I think they share phone numbers. I don't think he'll be my actual SA, I haven't been hooked up to anyone at KC that I know of.

Reactions: Jbapckfan
I'm in communication with a guy at the Tulsa service center, Paden. But who knows if that's really the case since I think they share phone numbers. I don't think he'll be my actual SA, I haven't been hooked up to anyone at KC that I know of.
I’ve been fortunate. Cory is who I communicated with for my MYP and he was actually there at delivery and helped me inspect the vehicle. He is responsive and we email frequently. Glad he is helping with the X. He told me today not to worry about my trade in offer holding anything up, said when closer to getting VIN the offer will show up.

KC lot is barren. They deserve a break no doubt. Starting a quarter without deliveries for 2 weeks kinda defeats the purpose of going insane the last 2 weeks though. I suspect something is happening. This was similar to my Y getting front double pane glass and a few other features iirc.
It makes perfect sense to Tesla. They report 2 main metrics to Wall Street each quarter - vehicles produced and vehicles delivered. So they will push hard to deliver as many as they can by EOQ. Then at the start of the next quarter they start shipping cars to the East coast. As the quarter progresses they will move West as the shipping times decrease.

I'm not saying that matrix lights or whatever isn't coming - Tesla is always cooking up something. But so far they are following their normal quarterly pattern.

Got matched to a new VIN, 352xxx. EDD late July.

Anyone here have any recent experience shopping around for an auto loan? DCU is showing "APR as low as 3.24%" right now, which is a lot higher than I was hoping.
I received the SAME APR from a local credit union for 84 months, but I updated it to 72 months and was able to get 2.9%. This was a week ago and rates have been on a uptrend, unfortunately.

I privately messaged Daren on page 1868 to ask where he got those floor mats to see how he likes them. For some reason when I try to respond to that post it gives me an error despite trying different browsers and devices. I saw some similar ones on Teslaunch (Double Layer With Blanket Floor Mat for Model X Accessories (2018-2022))

Anyone else have (or planning to get) this style where the pieces snap together?

Last edited:
If you got the original LR base price (90 I think) what does the plaid upgrade cost now? Is it 30 more?

In a sense it's a $30k delta but there is a wrinkle. You can't buy a 5 seat base price Plaid so you are forced into a $126,490 grandfathered price as shown in the table.
So...if you are grandfathered in and wanted a 5 seater you have a $36,500 spread ($126,490-$89,990).
If you always planned on a 6 seater then it's a $30,000 spread ($126,490-
$96,490 ($89,990+$6,500)).
1657148942605.png

Last edited:
In a sense it's a $30k delta but there is a wrinkle. You can't buy a 5 seat base price Plaid so you are forced into a $126,490 grandfathered price as shown in the table.
So...if you are grandfathered in and wanted a 5 seater you have a ($126,490-$89,990) $36,500 spread.
If you always planned on a 6 seater then it's a ($126,490-($89,990+$6,500)=
$96,490) $30,000 spread.
View attachment 825549
Great info thanks

Somebody asked about this brake controller a while back. Curt 51180 Brake Controller

The concern was what if it would be sticking down too far because of the angled wiring harness connection.
E33C9840-97B4-49FD-93EC-6ECB725B45A2.jpeg

I just got the Curt and IMO it’s definitely not sticking down too far. Last pic without the brake controller. Note that the back end of the X curves UP from the flat underside. First pic is taken on level with the flat underside of the X. Second pic is taken on level with the tow hitch receiver.

Attachments

• 38904F06-C7CB-48E4-A8C6-18E096B204EF.jpeg
    38904F06-C7CB-48E4-A8C6-18E096B204EF.jpeg
    218.8 KB · Views: 55
  • 1D2DFAFD-F820-4B6E-BC70-2B3B97A85C02.jpeg
    1D2DFAFD-F820-4B6E-BC70-2B3B97A85C02.jpeg
    346.1 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: TrevTremaine
Good Morning,
Anyone located in the bay area has done ceramic coating only and would like to share the info (place/price). I got my car last Thursday and have yet to find a place to go to and I know shouldn't be driving it until it's protected but....I.....JUST......CAN'T.....HELP.....IT......TOO....MUCH.....FUN.....TO.....DRIVE........

😬😬😬
Check out 68 Auto Detail in Milpitas. Ask for Shawn. They have done all my Teslas and will take my X there as well.

Reactions: lexus26