Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I privately messaged Daren on page 1868 to ask where he got those floor mats to see how he likes them. For some reason when I try to respond to that post it gives me an error despite trying different browsers and devices. I saw some similar ones on Teslaunch (Double Layer With Blanket Floor Mat for Model X Accessories (2018-2022))

Anyone else have (or planning to get) this style where the pieces snap together?
I ordered the Teslaunch mats. It'll be interesting to see how they work. Right now I have MaxSpiders on my Plaid that came outta my 2018 MX, and don't fit right. I'm also interested in a possibly even quieter cabin with that double layer. The quieter for music, the better.

Regarding loans and etc, we were buying out MX for our business and assumed it had to be under a business name, which make its more expensive (4.15 vs 1.99).

After consulting my CPA, he confirmed that he can move that asset over in any title, and it was more for liability reasons why people keep the business title.

Going to reach out now to reset the title..

Can anyone with experience getting a 3rd party loan to purchase a Tesla (I used financing through Well’s Fargo via the Tesla app previously) give us a little advice? Is it best to research which lender to use, wait for the VIN assignment, and then do the application? This would be is to keep it at one hard credit pull. Once approved do you typically use a wire transfer on day of delivery, or do they mail you a check you can deposit and then pay tesla out of your personal account?

Ramble warning…

I keep going back and forth on exterior color choices and wanted to share my thoughts on why I am currently doing MSM/White. First I like all the colors but red and blue are just not me. Red because I drive a ton and don’t want attention from police. Blue because I may wrap it in stealth and am not a big fan of stealth blue, but gloss blue looks amazing. I really like the white but have serious concerns about the rear bumper color match. If you are going to vinyl wrap white is probably the way to go since it is included in the price. I might stealth wrap, which looks great on white, but if the color is off it’ll bother me. Pretty sure the color being off would be within spec.

Black looks great but would be the warmest color and the details of the gloss trim pieces particularly in the front fascia and the rear appliqué get easily lost. I plan to black out the chrome T’s regardless of paint color and although a totally blacked out vehicle can look badass it is hard to tell it is even a new X.

My current MYP is MSM/black and is stealth-wrapped. It looks great. This is my favorite color to see with a matte finish. White looks great in matte but can be too subtle. Black also looks great but is very aggressive and can almost be borderline trashy, again just my opinion. Stealth MSM though, really a sweet spot in look.

As far as interior I like the idea of white for the look and hopefully a bit lower temperature on a hot day. The cooled seats will help with this a lot. I like the darker trim strip too. Have two kids but they are in car seats and there will be a seat protector below them, and we always have baby wipes within arm’s reach. It bothers me this is a $2k option and probably doesn’t cost more to produce than the black. Another concern I had was white on white is a lot of white, with dark tint it still looks good but it’s just a lot of white. Darker exterior with white interior and dark tint is a nice contrast and dramatic when the doors open.

So for a rambling guy with an EDD July 19 - Aug 9th I’ll stick with MSM on white. For now. Yesterday it was black on white, the day before that white on white. Lol. Tesla is gonna VIN me real quick to stop this insanity.

Last thing, someone pointed out in the X Plaid waiting room thread that the rear front seats now show a pocket on the seat back. Currently unknown if it has always looked this way or if it could indicate a production change. Maybe there is a way to check the site cache. The headlights look the same to me.
73F8B99A-6E5E-43ED-B950-D6CA6EF7EEE8.jpeg

Last edited:
Can anyone with experience getting a 3rd party loan to purchase a Tesla (I used financing through Well’s Fargo via the Tesla app previously) give us a little advice? Is it best to research which lender to use, wait for the VIN assignment, and then do the application? This would be is to keep it at one hard credit pull. Once approved do you typically use a wire transfer on day of delivery, or do they mail you a check you can deposit and then pay tesla out of your personal account?

Ramble warning…

I keep going back and forth on exterior color choices and wanted to share my thoughts on why I am currently doing MSM/White. First I like all the colors but red and blue are just not me. Red because I drive a ton and don’t want attention from police. Blue because I may wrap it in stealth and am not a big fan of stealth blue, but gloss blue looks amazing. I really like the white but have serious concerns about the rear bumper color match. If you are going to vinyl wrap white is probably the way to go since it is included in the price. I might stealth wrap, which looks great on white, but if the color is off it’ll bother me. Pretty sure the color being off would be within spec.

Black looks great but would be the warmest color and the details of the gloss trim pieces particularly in the front fascia and the rear appliqué get easily lost. I plan to black out the chrome T’s regardless of paint color and although a totally blacked out vehicle can look badass it is hard to tell it is even a new X.

My current MYP is MSM/black and is stealth-wrapped. It looks great. This is my favorite color to see with a matte finish. White looks great in matte but can be too subtle. Black also looks great but is very aggressive and can almost be borderline trashy, again just my opinion. Stealth MSM though, really a sweet spot in look.

As far as interior I like the idea of white for the look and hopefully a bit lower temperature on a hot day. The cooled seats will help with this a lot. I like the darker trim strip too. Have two kids but they are in car seats and there will be a seat protector below them, and we always have baby wipes within arm’s reach. It bothers me this is a $2k option and probably doesn’t cost more to produce than the black. Another concern I had was white on white is a lot of white, with dark tint it still looks good but it’s just a lot of white. Darker exterior with white interior and dark tint is a nice contrast and dramatic when the doors open.

So for a rambling guy with an EDD July 19 - Aug 9th I’ll stick with MSM on white. For now. Yesterday it was black on white, the day before that white on white. Lol. Tesla is gonna VIN me real quick to stop this insanity.

Last thing, someone pointed out in the X Plaid waiting room thread that the rear front seats now show a pocket on the seat back. Currently unknown if it has always looked this way or if it could indicate a production change. Maybe there is a way to check the site cache. The headlights look the same to me.View attachment 825806
That’s not new. I did took a pic on January 2022 but looks like same.
CC63686B-7C94-4447-B0E4-5B40C515D913.png

Attachments

• 2DBA56F3-1269-49F2-B3F2-B480481B3925.png
    2DBA56F3-1269-49F2-B3F2-B480481B3925.png
    847.1 KB · Views: 56
Somebody asked about this brake controller a while back. Curt 51180 Brake Controller

The concern was what if it would be sticking down too far because of the angled wiring harness connection.
View attachment 825634
I just got the Curt and IMO it’s definitely not sticking down too far. Last pic without the brake controller. Note that the back end of the X curves UP from the flat underside. First pic is taken on level with the flat underside of the X. Second pic is taken on level with the tow hitch receiver.
Oooh! Neato! No need to figure out how to attach a P3 controller on the interior of the X. Would be nice if Tesla just included a brake controller in their software, shouldn't be hard to code and control from the screen.

We have 5 campgrounds within 40-80 miles we frequent. For poops and giggles we might take our travel trailer to one. If we took it to the 80 mile place it'd save us $85 in gas (8mpg in current TV).

Currently have an Equalizer E4, That might be to much for the X's platform. Is there a goto weight distribution / sway hitch for the Bosal? I know ball height/drop is very strict with it :(

The latest drone flyover in Fremont shows very little activity. Don't think we will see a lot of vins coming our way.
Gives me hope that they're retooling for Matrix headlights! :D:D:D
First time using autopilot for 16 hours Feat. Model X Part. 2 (Eng Sub Available)

Had a really good time driving the refreshed Model X to Quebec Mont Tremblant and back

Thank you all

Stop with the clickbaity YT thumbnails, please. I wish self promotion was banned from this thread. /GetOffMyLawn

Model X Refresh, Day 524. My EDD range still remains the same as it has wobbled around for the past couple of months (July 16 – August 6), but I just got a call out of the blue from my SA saying that while there was nothing new to report on production or delivery, she wanting to know if there was any time within the next four to six weeks that I would be away or otherwise unable to take delivery. I said I’d be free any time. Then she wanted to confirm I’d still be paying cash, and I replied partially yes, but that I had always wanted to trade-in. She said that’s fine, that in about a week — when there should be more certainty that I’d receive the car within the next 30 days — she would call and change my status and I could get a valuation for the trade-in.
That was it, until a few minutes later I got a nice email from her, thanking me for taking her call!
Call me: Cautiously Optimistic :)

Model X Refresh, Day 524. My EDD range still remains the same as it has wobbled around for the past couple of months (July 16 – August 6), but I just got a call out of the blue from my SA saying that while there was nothing new to report on production or delivery, she wanting to know if there was any time within the next four to six weeks that I would be away or otherwise unable to take delivery. I said I’d be free any time. Then she wanted to confirm I’d still be paying cash, and I replied partially yes, but that I had always wanted to trade-in. She said that’s fine, that in about a week — when there should be more certainty that I’d receive the car within the next 30 days — she would call and change my status and I could get a valuation for the trade-in.
That was it, until a few minutes later I got a nice email from her, thanking me for taking her call!
Call me: Cautiously Optimistic :)
Even the SAs are nicer in Canada. :) But also, this is awesome news, hoping you're near the finish line!

Reactions: Driver 8
My Tesla experience has been infuriating

Ordered and waited for a 3 back when it was announced, and drove it for 2 years or so (accumulating 4 referrals along the way) until someone lit it on fire while it was parked at a train station in Tacoma, WA. I ordered a refresh Model X on June 28th, 2021 and called Tesla to explain the fire situation and was told I was put on their priority list. After a year or so of zero communication and delivery date changes, I was texted by Tesla on June 26th that my car was finally available, and to select a delivery date. The text noted I was to select a delivery date and "reply to this message if you need assistance" and I did that, as I was in Nevada, and wouldn't be back in WA state on any of the dates that I had to select from for delivery dates (i was given 2 options, June 28 or 29... obviously a push to get it in at the end of Q2)

I responded to the text with "I need assistance" on the 26th, and got no response from Tesla until the 27th. At 9:30am i got a reply that said "how can we help" (i was asleep) and by the time I woke up i received a subsequent text at 12:30pm stating that since I had not selected a delivery date they had re-assigned my car to someone else, and to select "I'm ready" in the app when I would be ready to take delivery. At this point I still haven't spoken to a single person at Tesla.

That same day I did select the "I'm ready" button, and was re-assigned a VIN (unknown if it was the same vehicle) and on that same Monday was able to talk to someone at Tesla. I was prepared to wire funds to them, and could sign all the paperwork while in Nevada, and had a few people who could have taken delivery of the vehicle. The rep I spoke to confirmed with his manager that they wouldn't be able to do that as I had to be there in person, and since the car was already en route to WA I couldn't take delivery in Nevada. I was unable to leave Nevada in time to make it to WA, so they re-assigned the VIN to someone else

Now my estimated delivery date in Oct 12-Dec 7.

They told me I was on the "priority list" (that I am supposed to have been on since my car was lit on fire back in 2021) and that the way I may get a car sooner than that date is if someone else with the same build declines a car before that. I asked very blunty "why wouldn't you just assign the next VIN matching my build to me?" and was told "we don't have any communication with that department"

Black ext/white int 22" no FSD 5 seater
offered to switch to 6 or plaid if it got me the car sooner due to the arson as well