Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah they keep taking out some small stuff here there form us. In the future, we will just pay for an SHELL of MX/S/Y/3 since we can just use the robot to do thins for us. Everyone no need to travel but still need to pay for the car. WTH?
I promise you all I was the biggest key fob person thinking I would use them because auto present works better blah blah etc. Even bought the fancy aluminum covers. Took me like 2 days and all I use is phone key with the keycard in my wallet as a backup.

It is SOOOOO nice to not have stupid keys or key fobs in your pocket. You just get out and walk away and it closes doors and locks. I pull out the phone app as I walk to the car and pre open everyone’s doors as we get near.

Auto present is fun but not practical - turned it off after it whacked my daughter in the garage because I was walking by with my phone in my pocket where it always is. If your vehicle is parked anywhere that you frequently walk near auto present will get annoying super fast.

How large of an interruption? Is form factor all that different?
Form factor is reportedly identical within a certain model. Even the connectors are the same.

Model 3 LR went back to "standard" lights at some point, and I think MYLR still has standard lights (while MYP has matrix), so Tesla definitely appears to leverage the parts being interoperable.

That said, it still could require at least a brief interruption given just the introduction of a new part.

The mobile charger is my primary charging solution. I have a charging station in my rental's garage. 240 volt/50 amp. It'll give me 32 amps. 6% charge per hour. If I plug the car in when I get home it's ready the next morning. Suppose I could figure out a higher amp solution but am asking myself why?? If I plug it in overnight do I really care if the charging is complete at 2:00 AM or 6:00 AM - when I don't get to the car before 8:00? I could snag my son's Volvo cable and charge at 40 amps. Have done that. When I'm on the road I'll find a supercharger and use it...
Yeah but the mobile charger plugs into 110. Sounds like you have 240, which instead, is divine.

Reactions: timberlights
I recently went on a trip where my airbnb had a garage but only a standard 15A outlet. We drove ~40 miles per day in my M3 which gets 350Wh/mi due to non standard wheels (so probably worse than a refreshed MX), and the 15A was enough to recharge that range overnight. Also, I primarily used the mobile charger at home with the 50A adapter for all my regular charging for 3 years. Definitely not useless.
Yes. As I mentioned, on a 3 or Y it's more useful.

The problem with radar is that many things you do not want to hit, are invisible to it, like pedestrians, animals, plastic barrels. Radar is ok on highways, but not so good on city streets.
Uhhhhh. RADAR is actually fairly good at picking up these things. It depends on the frequency of the RADAR. The higher frequencies, like X band, are pretty darn good at 'finding' smaller objects. That's why the military uses X Band RADARs for their gun control stuff (APG....). Don't disrespect RADAR.
And - given a choice between a visible spectrum solution (LASER, visible spectrum cameras) and RADAR, I'd opt for RADAR. It can 'see' in the dark while visible spectrum stuff cannot. Sure, you can push some IR stuff out there, but honestly RADAR is a lot better. Believe we lost a lot when TESLA abandoned RADAR.

Yeah but the mobile charger plugs into 110. Sounds like you have 240, which instead, is divine.
Yup - it is 240 volts. And I love it. I get 6% per hour while charging. Fine for me as I can charge overnight. And, at $0.10 per kWh for electricity, it's chump change. And, honestly, I really have no idea what gasoline costs. Don't care either. Guess I'm a bit of a snob.
My younger son bought a Volvo eCar and I installed his charging station. Went over there recently and decided that he owed me a few kWH. I mean, why not. Turns out that the Volvo charging cable is really thick. Used my adapter and was surprised to find that the Volvo charger was pushing 40 amps. Holy crap!! Good power, but if I can charge overnight do I really care about how quickly it charges???

Got Vin. 7SAXCBE53NF3536XX
MXLR

Anyone got a link to the google sheet?
day drunk from the news and cannot find it even though it was front and center for the last 500 days

Reactions: tycorp