Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does someone know, refresh MX has "Adaptive Front Lighting System" AFS . MX owner's manual has information but it shows " if equipped "
It depends how AFS defined because it might be different from one to other manufacturers but both pre-refreshed and refreshed MX headlights will turn on side light when you make tu4n or turn on turning signals

All within the month of May 2022, my account reflected EDDs of:
July 21 - September 15, 2022
December 2022 - April 2023
July 31 - September 11, 2022

July 31 - September 11, 2022 remained stable throughout the month of June
Second week of July, changed to August 11 - September 15, 2022
So EDD pushed back 11 days but time frame window shrunk by 7 days, but NO VIN.

Original order date May 6, 2021 (430 days, and counting)
MX LR - Midnight Silver - Cream Interior - 20" - FSD

I received my MXLR 440 days after my April 2021 order date, so hopefully you are getting close.

I also ordered on May 6 and have a similar window a little bit later though. Was stable for a long time July 13-Aug 24, now Aug 18-sep 29.

...And, honestly, I really have no idea what gasoline costs. Don't care either. Guess I'm a bit of a snob....
Must be nice to have already taken delivery! 😅 I've been forced to live with these gas prices for the past 374 days while Tesla takes their sweet time getting around to building my first EV. I didn't realize that it was such a long process when I placed my order. I feel especially bad for people who are just ordering right now because based on the order backlogs at all of the EV companies they'll be complaining like I am next July when gas is $10/gallon and they still haven't gotten theirs...

Reactions: Elixir and Zach B
Ok, my X Plaid VIN 353XXX is supposed to be delivered next week. This VIN is manufactured after that inactive first week of July. I went to Fremont factory today and confirmed that there is no matrix headlights upgrade for at least up to VIN 353XXX , and early 354XXX. Also, all the Xs with VIN 353XXX on the lot have slight, tiny imperfection in the FWD. The black trim on top of the windows on the FWD are not tightly glued to the FWD. Is this something fixable at the SC?

Form factor is reportedly identical within a certain model. Even the connectors are the same.

Model 3 LR went back to "standard" lights at some point, and I think MYLR still has standard lights (while MYP has matrix), so Tesla definitely appears to leverage the parts being interoperable.

That said, it still could require at least a brief interruption given just the introduction of a new part.
Light assembly harness will have some changes in configuration but certainly adaptable and of course coding to activate matrix function.

😪 Hard to get excited when your EDD only every gets pushed back. I went from Dec -> Jan -> Feb -> Mar -> Apr -> July (which I thought was an outrage! Now I wish I had at least gotten that) -> Nov thru Feb.

The algorithm is:
when (currentDate > start of EDD) {
set start of EDD to (currentDate + (random integer up to 8) * 7)
set end of EDD to (start of EDD + 20 days + random integer)
}

Form factor is reportedly identical within a certain model. Even the connectors are the same.

Model 3 LR went back to "standard" lights at some point, and I think MYLR still has standard lights (while MYP has matrix), so Tesla definitely appears to leverage the parts being interoperable.

That said, it still could require at least a brief interruption given just the introduction of a new part.
Somehow i don't get what Tesla think, would that supposed to install new components on Model S/X first instead of the MY/3, so far i feel we are ignored and they keep focusing at the MY? weird and hard to understand.