Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ahh! I know you’re not supposed to get excited until VIN, but is this actually happening or Tesla playing with me again?! I’m right around 400 days in and it’s been showing Sep-Nov for a long time until this morning when it now says July 18-Aug 8. Is this usually a sign that a VIN is imminent or still a meaningless EDD?

6/LR/20/FSD

Attachments

• 0F2BF48C-5862-4857-9150-BA4FF702EA42.jpeg
    0F2BF48C-5862-4857-9150-BA4FF702EA42.jpeg
    209.6 KB · Views: 108
Ahh! I know you’re not supposed to get excited until VIN, but is this actually happening or Tesla playing with me again?! I’m right around 400 days in and it’s been showing Sep-Nov for a long time until this morning when it now says July 18-Aug 8. Is this usually a sign that a VIN is imminent or still a meaningless EDD?

6/LR/20/FSD
I’d be excited! Also Sep-Nov with a May 21 order.

Reactions: timberlights

6/LR/20/FSD
I had this exact range and it switched to September 3 - Oct 15. Hope that doesn’t happen to you.

426 not too far off. Remember seeing the few 500+ day ppl thinking that will never happen to me surely they will up production by then......
What's crazy is that it doesn't feel like production ever really ramped relative to the pace of orders. If it had then the average wait times would be going down significantly, but they're not. A person who ordered in 2021 is waiting 400-500 days. A person who orders in 2022 might very well still be waiting 400 days. Maybe orders placed in 2023 will only need to wait 300 days?

Model X Refresh, Day 524. My EDD range still remains the same as it has wobbled around for the past couple of months (July 16 – August 6), but I just got a call out of the blue from my SA saying that while there was nothing new to report on production or delivery, she wanting to know if there was any time within the next four to six weeks that I would be away or otherwise unable to take delivery. I said I’d be free any time. Then she wanted to confirm I’d still be paying cash, and I replied partially yes, but that I had always wanted to trade-in. She said that’s fine, that in about a week — when there should be more certainty that I’d receive the car within the next 30 days — she would call and change my status and I could get a valuation for the trade-in.
That was it, until a few minutes later I got a nice email from her, thanking me for taking her call!
Call me: Cautiously Optimistic :)
UPDATE five days later. Model X Refresh. Day 529. No firm delivery date, but I’m now down to an eight-day range (July 23 – August 1) and my account has been changed to allow me to put in my trade-in info. I hadn’t been notified that I had a VIN, but now that I can access the MVPA it seems I have one! 7SAXCBE58NF3539XX with the odometer at 30 (I assume kilometres since we’re in Canada, so that would be 18 miles).
Call me: A Tiny Bit More Optimistic ☺️