Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope you're correct!
To those who are posting EDD updates, thank you...BUT...please recognize that those who are visiting this thread every hour are looking for information that might relate to their own situation. To assist them please follow the excellent example of @bobusn as shown in this screenshot.
Note that he included:

• When he got the update (text)
  • New EDD
  • VIN with the last two digits as xx
  • Order date (very important)
  • Vehicle specs (especially Plaid or LR)
  • Geographic area of delivery
When you provide all of that pertinent info you are really helping others who are waiting as reflected by the 'Likes' that @bobusn has already gotten.

View attachment 829182
I don’t think it’s reasonable to ask or expect people to format their updates in a certain way. I have my pertinent details in my signature and I think you’re making a blanket assumption as to the objectives of people who view/comment in this thread. I’ve been active in here for almost a year and it’s a combination of bellyaching, speculation, celebration, off topic discussions, more bellyaching, EDD updates, knee jerk reactions and doom and gloom, and various other topics. If people just want data, the order tracking spreadsheet is linked here numerous times. ;)

Don't panic, last time that happened it was only temporary for hundreds of us. It's a placeholder to review car's status. You may be getting a different car assigned which can be good or bad. By Monday I expect your date will be updated, positively.
Yeah, this is maybe the 4th time this has happened to me, but reason for sharing was more curiosity as to whether others saw their dates slip yet again today, as it’s historically happened in bulk to your point.

Extremely unlikely. There are a few people with VINs in the 353xxx range. Likely built at end of the quarter and someone couldn't take delivery.
Why would you think these are EoQ? I have a 352xxx on its way and Tesla informed me that it was built in July. All VINs assigned recently have been in this 351-354 range. Conversely, the recent deliveries in the 33xxxx-34xxxx range seem to be from the previous quarter.

Reactions: Dr Gez
ordered back in first week of march. My EDD got pushed back to aug 6-aug 21 from july 20- aug 21. however I receive a call and a text message asking about my trade in info. which I dont have any. How long does it typically take from when you first receive the trade in text?

MXP 20" white/ white FSD
others have said within 30 days, as their trade in value amount is good for that many days.

ordered back in first week of march. My EDD got pushed back to aug 6-aug 21 from july 20- aug 21. however I receive a call and a text message asking about my trade in info. which I dont have any. How long does it typically take from when you first receive the trade in text?

MXP 20" white/ white FSD
Almost exactly the same for me. My order was early March '21 with the "current" EDD showing July 19 - Aug 23. I also received the text about my trade-in, which I'm planning to do. My only thought on why that happened is when I placed the order I did include a trade-in. At this point, I had to update the mileage and send new pictures since the previous ones were out of date. I'm waiting for Tesla to come back with an updated trade-in offer, which I should have by Monday.

Here's to hoping that's a good sign with an imminent VIN...

Reactions: lexus26 and Elixir
Hello All

Original LR seven-seat White Color order February 2021 with FSD. September - October 2021 updated to 6 seats. I am in Berkeley CA

I got VIN just now with a delivery window from July 18th to July 22nd.

I just requested to deliver before July 20th as July 21st noon flying out of the country. I am now worried they may screw me over this.

Why would you think these are EoQ? I have a 352xxx on its way and Tesla informed me that it was built in July. All VINs assigned recently have been in this 351-354 range. Conversely, the recent deliveries in the 33xxxx-34xxxx range seem to be from the previous quarter.
Certainly possible it was built at the beginning of July, but all the (limited) evidence we have suggests that there was little to no production in the first two weeks of July, so seems odd to me.

There were several people with 351 VINs that were delivered in the last week of quarter, so 352 would be cutting it pretty close (when i said likely made at the end of the quarter I was being pretty literal :))

Certainly possible it was built at the beginning of July, but all the (limited) evidence we have suggests that there was little to no production in the first two weeks of July, so seems odd to me.

There were several people with 351 VINs that were delivered in the last week of quarter, so 352 would be cutting it pretty close (when i said likely made at the end of the quarter I was being pretty literal :))
Yeah other than cars getting loaded on to trucks, I'm not sure our external view of activity is all that reliable. Do we know what stage(s) of the pipeline we're actually seeing? And do we roughly know how deep the pipeline (in terms of days) is?

Would like to add something to the checkout list to look for after pickup.
Go to a high pressure touchless car wash and check for water leaks. My windshield wasn't sealed or maybe deformed. Water came straight through. At the SC waiting on a new windshield.
On a better note my SC in the Memphis area is top-notch people, I trust them to get me back in the road soon as possible.
Ops, Not sure how they fix this problem, Hope they can improve assembly quality first instead of talking about Semi or Cybertruck.