Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah other than cars getting loaded on to trucks, I'm not sure our external view of activity is all that reliable. Do we know what stage(s) of the pipeline we're actually seeing? And do we roughly know how deep the pipeline (in terms of days) is?
Well cars have to go somewhere once they come off the assembly line so if they aren't going on trucks or in the parking lots around the factory, then they aren't being made :) I thought i read somewhere that the assembly line is ~48 hours, but the only reference i could find says 3-5 days.

It seems clear they took a break or significantly slowed down for some reason. I'm not sure if that is just so staff could take a breather or if there were actually changes going on in the factory. It looks like bobusn says the 352 VIN has a production date of today, which would pretty much confirm there was a 2 week pause in production (same thing happened at the start of last quarter).

Well cars have to go somewhere once they come off the assembly line so if they aren't going on trucks or in the parking lots around the factory, then they aren't being made :) I thought i read somewhere that the assembly line is ~48 hours, but the only reference i could find says 3-5 days.

It seems clear they took a break or significantly slowed down for some reason. I'm not sure if that is just so staff could take a breather or if there were actually changes going on in the factory. It looks like bobusn says the 352 VIN has a production date of today, which would pretty much confirm there was a 2 week pause in production (same thing happened at the start of last quarter).
Not so sure about that. I have a high 3517XX VIN and it was manufactured on 6/30. They seem to shift all over the place with VIN allocations.

Tesla's customer service for delivery is just so unreasonable and arrogant.

I got a text message Friday (07/15) noon saying my model x is scheduled for home delivery on Sunday (07/17) afternoon. Before that, I didn't even have a VIN but just an EDD of 07/26 - 08/19 (I rejected a delivery once on 06/30. At that time they also notified my only two days in advance and I was out of town so couldn't take the delivery, and they declined to reschedule). I replied that I might not be able to make it considering I need to secure an auto loan within such a short time frame not to mention that most banks close on Saturdays, but no one replied. So I rushed to a Tesla store to speak to someone there, and they told me that I had to take the delivery on Sunday because I have rejected once and this is my last chance, otherwise they will permanently cancel my order. I begged them to give me maybe one or two days so I have enough time to get the auto loan approved but they refused. They told me that they always have this 3-day turn over policy and there is no exception. A total bullshit!

This is just so ridiculous. I have waited Tesla for 1 year and 3 months (My order date is on April 2021), but Tesla cannot wait me for even one day? What if I won't be around on Sunday, are they really going to cancel my order? So shameless. Even though I am paying in full, if I had to sell stocks, I don't see how it is possible to get the trade settled and money transferred to a checking account before Sunday. It feels like they are trying to either force me to use Tesla finance (The rate is 4.xx%) or cancel my order.

It was 1pm when I left the Tesla store. I didn't have time to shop around so I rushed to my city's credit union and luckily they are so efficient and secured my loan before they close. They told me they will mail the check to Tesla overnight, but considering it is weekend, I am not sure if Tesla will receive the check before Sunday's delivery time. Finger-crossed.

FYI, my VIN number is 3542XX, so it should be built very recently. If I successfully got my model x tomorrow, I will post any new findings in a later post.

If Tesla eventually cancelled my order after all these hassles, just because they didn't get the check before tomorrow, I will sue them for sure!

I got a text message Friday (07/15) noon saying my model x is scheduled for home delivery on Sunday (07/17) afternoon. Before that, I didn't even have a VIN but just an EDD of 07/26 - 08/19 (I rejected a delivery once on 06/30. At that time they also notified my only two days in advance and I was out of town so couldn't take the delivery, and they declined to reschedule). I replied that I might not be able to make it considering I need to secure an auto loan within such a short time frame not to mention that most banks close on Saturdays, but no one replied. So I rushed to a Tesla store to speak to someone there, and they told me that I had to take the delivery on Sunday because I have rejected once and this is my last chance, otherwise they will permanently cancel my order. I begged them to give me maybe one or two days so I have enough time to get the auto loan approved but they refused. They told me that they always have this 3-day turn over policy and there is no exception. A total bullshit!

This is just so ridiculous. I have waited Tesla for 1 year and 3 months (My order date is on April 2021), but Tesla cannot wait me for even one day? What if I won't be around on Sunday, are they really going to cancel my order? So shameless. Even though I am paying in full, if I had to sell stocks, I don't see how it is possible to get the trade settled and money transferred to a checking account before Sunday. It feels like they are trying to either force me to use Tesla finance (The rate is 4.xx%) or cancel my order.

It was 1pm when I left the Tesla store. I didn't have time to shop around so I rushed to my city's credit union and luckily they are so efficient and secured my loan before they close. They told me they will mail the check to Tesla overnight, but considering it is weekend, I am not sure if Tesla will receive the check before Sunday's delivery time. Finger-crossed.

FYI, my VIN number is 3542XX, so it should be built very recently. If I successfully got my model x tomorrow, I will post any new findings in a later post.

If Tesla eventually cancelled my order after all these hassles, just because they didn't get the check before tomorrow, I will sue them for sure!
That sucks, sorry to hear it! For what it’s worth though, couldn’t you just accept their loan and then refinance it in the first month with somebody else?

Reactions: focher and Hebert
Next step Tesla will take out the honk since they think very rare to use it :p
Funny. Well, maybe not. I really want the horn back to the center of the wheel/yoke. Honestly. So, now I'm thinking about how much I use the horn. Not that much. However, when I want to use the horn I don't want to search around my F---ing yoke to find the horn icon. I really don't.
I've told a lot of folks that the Tesla (X) is basically two big electric motors, a big battery, a computer, and some seats. Why is it so difficult to make changes to the computer that runs everything? I've done my share of coding and have managed some fairly serious software-driven projects - so I try not to say, 'It's only a bit of software.' But, if the Tesla engineers have enough (spare) time to place games on my display why can't they take care of the things that are really important to us???
Final rant - my major successes in those software driven projects occurred when the users drove the project's outcome. It's so simple to ask the users what they need - and deliver - that I honestly don't understand why that's not the rule, rather than the exception....

Bob

We assume you don't want the car

Sorry to hear. But get the tracking number and image of check from the CU. That will be all Tesla needs.

• Informative
Reactions: bobusn and JBTMX

This is a policy that needs to be eliminated. Regardless of whatever Tesla has ongoing with production problems, supply chain issues, or whatever, it's alienating their customers for no particular reason. As competition comes, Tesla may very well have a problem keeping customers - along with the quarter end rushes, the skitterish build quality and expected short quality resolution window.

That is awful. Where is Tesla SC and did you see your MX while you were there? Why don't you ask the bank to wire the money instead of mail the check?

Production date is today. As far as matrix... I'll be happy if it has headlights & I don't have to choose between the red pill & the blue pill. 😎

Tesla reached out this morning at 1106 and requested we schedule delivery. We've elected a 29 July 2022 appointment. We also plan to trade our 2021 MYLR.

From my discussions yesterday with the fabulous San Antonio team, the challenge has not been getting these cars to the rail yard in California... or by train from California to Mesquite, Texas... or by truck from Mesquite to Austin. The challenge is apparently getting them by truck all the way from Mesquite to San Antonio.

Praying for our nation's truckers!

We found an interesting video on the Union Pacific site:

OT, but not irrelevant to this group...

Here are all the demonstrator vehicles available at the San Antonio showroom on 16 July 2022.

San Antonio Tesla Showroom 20220716.jpeg

The fabulous San Antonio team told us they expect it will be a couple of months before they have models to show.

Reactions: cjkosh and Elixir
This is a fairly recent article, so not surprised it hasn’t been mentioned.

Tenet Launches New Electric Vehicle Financing Platform

Has anyone used Tenet for financing? It does make you select your state to see if they lend in your state. They do lend in Florida so I may use them when and if the time ever comes. Why would it not be wise to have a $25,000 deferred payment when financing a vehicle that is not going to lose value anytime soon? The screenshot below are the rough parameters I would use to finance my MXLR.

3A800EC1-4D7F-401E-AECA-08E9E4FF50F5.png

That is awful. Where is Tesla SC and did you see your MX while you were there? Why don't you ask the bank to wire the money instead of mail the check?
I didn't go to the SC. I directly went to the Tesla store where I placed my order. It was scheduled as a home delivery so I don't know where my car is.

The bank told me they will overnight the check, and didn't offer me an option to wire the money. I didn't have previous auto loan experience so I assumed it is the standard process and didn't ask. I should have asked them to ACH the fund. My bad.