Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You and me both, my friend. I was finally allowing myself to be hopeful because we were in mid-July and the lower bound of my EDD had been 7/30 for a while. Then the dreaded dramatic push out again. Hoping it reverts back and to an even narrower range this week. I just don’t see my order actually getting pushed out again when others from the same time period are now taking delivery.
same page as you guys!

Tesla flyover from today looks promising for us waiting.

I'm hoping these are finally coming to EMEA. The Pier 80 seems to be filling up again:

1658211864318.png

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: honeyfist301
A few notes on our MX LR so far! It's been three weeks since delivery and I had hoped to post pics after ceramic coat and tint. Our front windshield tint had to be ordered and is still not finished. Will post pictures as soon as it's finished. Here are some observations:

Yoke: I love it! Only improvements I would like to see is move the horn to the center.

Back up Camera: I was so used to the backup camera on my M3 that shows distance from objects on the same screen as the back-up camera. Now my distance from objects is shown on the small screen above the wheel - very inconvenient if you're also looking at the back up camera on the big display - can't see both at the same time.

Key Fobs - Haven't used them at all and for those taking delivery without them, I don't think you'll miss them either. I was so used to having the phone key for my M3 that I just continued to do that. One less thing to carry around. Bakk up key card always next to my Driver's License.

Issues - The two slightly misaligned falcon wing doors were noted at delivery and will be adjusted as soon as the Louisville service center opens. Blue Ash - Cincy told me it's very close to opening.

Key Fobs - Haven't used them at all and for those taking delivery without them, I don't think you'll miss them either. I was so used to having the phone key for my M3 that I just continued to do that. One less thing to carry around. Bakk up key card always next to my Driver's License.

Do you have kids? I can see the key fob being invaluable for opening the FWDs as you approach with little passengers.

Do you have kids? I can see the key fob being invaluable for opening the FWDs as you approach with little passengers.
I have little grandkids - that's a good point but it's convenient to hit the phone app - just a tap to turn on the climate on to start cooling the car or open doors, etc. I'm usually on the phone anyway lol. I've heard stories of guys with the keys in their pockets accidentally opening doors while inside shops and such. Some store fronts are close enough to activate while shopping. Probably not an issue if the key is in a backpack or purse.

Reactions: StrayTexel
Just got my Model X LR this afternoon! My VIN is 3542XX, so basically the most recent build. It was home delivery with 24 miles on it when it arrived at my home. I am in the South Bay Area so I suspect it was driven from Fremont factory directly to my place?

It is a 6 seater with cream interior. Overall good build quality. No matrix headlight. No pocket on the back of the seat.

Pros:

1. Super powerful. Even for the LR model, the acceleration is way more faster than any SUVs I have ever driven.

2. Super spacious. Much larger than I expected. I am 6'1" and I can fit myself in the third row with some comfort.

3. I really like the swivel screen feature. It brings up the screen closer so you have a much better viewing angel, especially for the right side of the screen.

Issues / Cons:

1. No key fobs any more! I didn't find the key fobs anywhere inside my car, only key cards. I searched online and found some articles saying that key fobs are not included any more for Model X and S deliveries after July 1st. Too bad, so sad.

2. The airbag worm is still there.

3. There is a huge crack on the inside lens of the headlight. See pics. It is on the upper part of the assembly, not the low/high beam. I am not sure what the lens are for, because they are never lit. Are they just for decoration? Anyway I will get Tesla to replace it. Please check yours carefully. It is very difficult to spot unless you get really close. I found it when I was trying to see if the headlight is matrix or not. Otherwise I guess I will never be aware of the crack.

Please see attached images for details!
Darn - that's a good looking machine! Envious that I picked black rather than cream. Enjoy....

Just today I and few others had the hold on our orders and we all have 1+ year old orders. My edd goes back to same 8 weeks span Sept-Oct after click on I am ready confirmation. Hopefully get some positive action soon since I am close to 15 months waiting. We are all hang in here hoping for matrix lights, back seat pockets but most of all improving on built QUALITY and faster delivery. Good luck on getting some info from the SC advisors.
Same exact thing here. LR 6 seat ordered 3/31/21