Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have to use the rear screen's GUI to turn on something on Disney+ which means getting into the backseat to do so since kids strapped into car seats cannot reach the screen to tap the buttons on the screen. That's a hassle to do when not driving, and impossible to do while driving. Also, streaming only works when you have cellular data connectivity. Great in the city or along major interstates, but try getting 10 miles off the interstate onto a rural state highway and see how long you can keep up a connection strong enough to stream music, let alone video. I'll tell ya from experience, 1 bar of LTE ain't cutting it
can’t you tether to your phone?
You can open the falcon wing doors via the app? I was just talking to the developer of the Stats app and he is adamant it's not possible.
Only if the phone is paired with the car using the card.

can’t you tether to your phone?
Do you mean use my phone as a WiFi Hotpsot to feed cellular data to the car's infotainment system? The problem persists whether my phone or the car is trying to get cellular data. Not sure if you've ever been to Big Bear or Lake Arrowhead, but once you get a few miles out of San Bernardino/Redlands the data service gets so bad that you can't even stream music from your phone. That's why I listen to Sirius/XM on my way up to the mountains, unless I've downloaded music onto my phone.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
Do you mean use my phone as a WiFi Hotpsot to feed cellular data to the car's infotainment system? The problem persists whether my phone or the car is trying to get cellular data. Not sure if you've ever been to Big Bear or Lake Arrowhead, but once you get a few miles out of San Bernardino/Redlands the data service gets so bad that you can't even stream music from your phone. That's why I listen to Sirius/XM on my way up to the mountains, unless I've downloaded music onto my phone.
WiFi hotspot yes. All mobile carriers are different. Not sure which carrier Tesla uses, but a wifi hotspot might increase your chances of getting data. When I do go up to Arrowhead every couple months, I know it does get harder as soon as you hit Rim Of The World hwy. That view is out of this world, btw.

Reactions: Fleetwood75
Just did some research.
There are two model Ss here 2021 and 2022 model. All other options were same just the odometer is 98 for 21 and <50 for 22. Looks like the picture of headlight is different which seems like 21 as regular and 22 as matrix. Many people said that the model year doesn’t really matters to Tesla cars but seems like it does. This is example on model S but I guess it will be the same for X as well since those are from same company, Tesla.
Pictures from existing stock on Tesla.com.View attachment 830262

Edit: As you know, also the exterior colors are different but same price option.
Model year doesn't matter in any useful sense other than perception. That doesn't mean every car is the same. One car built a day after another can potentially be better, or even worse (look at matrix lights getting ripped out of M3LR).

One of these cars has 98 mi on the ODO and the other has <50. Still not quite a practical difference, but heavy on perception.

Reactions: honeyfist301
Or you can just buy one.
Two keys + mobile connector that is almost $600 they took out of the car. From your reply I assume you think I am being cheap but why should I eat the cost vs a half a trillion dollar company?

Not to mention the car is short radar, and probably a handful of other things while our wait times keep getting pushed further back.

I’ve lost all excitement for this car during this wait so I haven’t been paying much attention to the forum. Are we getting seat back pockets finally?
Me too. I thought it was just me. I was so amped for it last year. Even got a VIN this week. But I don’t know, something off putting about the wait and their treatment of customers lately and shady practices. Kind of lost the excitement. It also didn’t help that I got a Model 3 during that time so that kind of filled the void I suppose.

Two keys + mobile connector that is almost $600 they took out of the car. From your reply I assume you think I am being cheap but why should I eat the cost vs a half a trillion dollar company?

Not to mention the car is short radar, and probably a handful of other things while our wait times keep getting pushed further back.

Mobile connector is not included only for orders placed after April 2022. This seems fine for me because when you place the order you already know what you would expect on delivery and you can walk away if you don't accept this arrangement. Existing orders are not affected even delivered after the announcement.

But key fobs are a different story. They are missing for old orders as well. People placed the order when both they and Tesla agreed that two key fobs are included, even though it is not explicitly written anywhere. So it feels like Tesla is violating the agreement. This is unforgivable.

I understand your concern. I am not one to make assumptions about someone spending habits.

- if you feel so compelled by the not getting the charger and FOB, you should address this directly with Elon via twitter, or perhaps buy them both and take Tesla out to small claims.

- Your car is subject to change, design wise, this includes radar vs vision cameras. You clearly wouldnt know the difference between the 2 as this change has been going on for a while, even on the other models.

These changes if anything will gain efficiency for you and for Tesla, you just dont see it.

Some tesla owners have become entitled, (not accusing anyone directly), especially since we are all spending $$ but i agree with this change, short sided as i may be.

I have owned more than a few teslas and haven't used the mobile chargers ever. Just not that efficient compared to the HPWC.

The same thing for the FOB, phone app is pretty awesome(YMMV).

There is always a choice, you can always buy another brand, as perhaps this brand isnt for you.

• Funny
Reactions: bobusn
Mobile connector is not included only for orders placed after April 2022. This seems fine for me because when you place the order you already know what you would expect on delivery and you can walk away if you don't accept this arrangement. Existing orders are not affected even delivered after the announcement.

But key fobs are a different story. They are missing for old orders as well. People placed the order when both they and Tesla agreed that two key fobs are included, even though it is not explicitly written anywhere. So it feels like Tesla is violating the agreement. This is unforgivable.
I agree that the FOB thing is a bit much, perhaps buying it then suing Tesla in small claims for the cost might be one avenue to pursue.

I