Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can open the falcon wing doors via the app? I was just talking to the developer of the Stats app and he is adamant it's not possible.
Yes has been there for a good long while. See photo attached - every door and frunk and trunk and homelink and horn and lights flashing all available and super responsive.

Attachments

• 057E606C-A2EE-4B04-BAC7-B1CB70F1C109.png
    057E606C-A2EE-4B04-BAC7-B1CB70F1C109.png
    443.1 KB · Views: 98
I have to use the rear screen's GUI to turn on something on Disney+ which means getting into the backseat to do so since kids strapped into car seats cannot reach the screen to tap the buttons on the screen. That's a hassle to do when not driving, and impossible to do while driving. Also, streaming only works when you have cellular data connectivity. Great in the city or along major interstates, but try getting 10 miles off the interstate onto a rural state highway and see how long you can keep up a connection strong enough to stream music, let alone video. I'll tell ya from experience, 1 bar of LTE ain't cutting it
You can turn it on from the front screen and as long as back screen is on it will be showing the same thing. Swipe it down off the front screen and keeps playing for your kids in the back. Use this all the time. Obviously have to be parked to do it that way.

Another pro tip: go to audio balance and move the speaker balance fully to rear. Can talk to your spouse and the movie noise isn’t that noticeable at all but the kids can hear it well.

I took delivery of my MXLR on 6/27 with a VIN of 340XX. Car was built at the end of April, so not at the end of the quarter in the rush. I was concerned about the earlier VIN; however, my car was perfect and I’ve had no issues since delivery. I’ve put 1,000 miles on the car so far. So, in my opinion, I don’t believe you have anything to worry about with your VIN. Good luck!
Thanks @goldenage took my delivery today, its great (minor pain related issues).

Took my delivery today in Austin, Blue, 7 Seater, FSD (May 2021 order). It's beautiful, built well and no alignment issues. Found 2 concerns

1. Found glue on the rear fin and will be taken care of by the service team
2. At the windshield's camera module glass has some rub marks from the inside so will have to speak with the service tech.

Other than that it's an amazing machine. Got the mobile connector, USB 128 GB drive, 2 key cards, 2 Key fobs (Yes I got them) and the towing hitch.

My vehicle build date was 6/30.
Yessss, a fellow Austinite with a May, 2021 order. You’ve given me hope.

The far more plausible explanation (IMO, anyway) for the en masse order holds is a system glitch on their end. The ordering infrastructure is a mess.
Obviously they have a system in place to automatically put people on hold and email them telling them they have 10 days to remove the hold. Maybe there is a bug with the amount of people it is happening to, but seems unlikely that it is completely a bug. (bugs don't magically author email templates)

I have a few guesses right now. This doesn't seem to be related to order date so possibly they are putting people on hold:
1) After some fixed amount of time since profile completion
2) After some amount of "inactivity" of the account. Ie. not changing any of the profile\order details (seems unlikely given how many people tend to fiddle with their orders)
3) For any long term orders that are EDD within this quarter.

Reactions: Hebert
I walk up to the car with the phone in my pocket and the door opens like magic. I don’t have to touch the phone to do this. So, it operates just like the fob in that respect. You just have to make sure the app is always running in the background.
Well, I turned that off. For me - forget the magic. It's nice, but there were a few occasions when the door was almost sheared off.... I'm OK with walking up to the machine and having it unlock. I can do some things for myself....

A shout out. I was having some issues with the sensor on the left FWD. Wasn't closing correctly. Not really critical, though. Was asked to document the time and submit a service request. So I did. Had an appointment today with the Seattle (SODO) folks and took the new Blue Bat down there. I'd been there a few times and recognized the rep. Said, 'you're still here, eh'. He knew my name and said, 'yeah..' He said that it's probably just calibrating itself. However, he also said that there were a few things that he'd like to look at. And - that he did not have a loaner at the time and could he call me when a loaner was available to set up a multi-hour appointment. Well, heck. That's wonderful. This guy has obviously not been trained at a Paris Metro Customer Service booth.
For all of the problems I've read on this blog I have to say that all of my experiences here in Seattle have been more than excellent.

I’m sure you’ll get it for the price you reserved it for. The app does stuff like that sometimes. This is my app and I’m equally unhappy with this waiting experience. Also May 21 order
Notice how it still references key fobs in the list of videos? Definitely something that makes you say hmmmmm!

Gorilla glass is just a brand. They have many different types of glass, often trading off shatter-resistance vs. scratch-resistance.

I've definitely managed to scratch or chip many gorilla glass products, and I consider myself to be very careful.
No scratches on my screen in 4 years and 85K miles, but if a glass screen protector makes you feel better, there are a bunch of them out there.

Sand. Gorilla glass cannot withstand sand.

Next time you go to the beach, pay close attention to small, seemingly insignificant grains of sand that get embedded in your hands.

Then go touch a modern touchscreen.
Do you own a Tesla? I live close to the beach, and go frequently. My touchscreen looks brand new. Do what you want, but argue with someone else.