Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those that say they never use mobile charger came home from an overnight shift and HPWC not charging. Took a look and found this......electrician comes in an hr but until fixed now using my mobile charger. Sure am glad I have one. Also so very happy wasn't worse than this!

Attachments

• 20220721_100128.jpg
    20220721_100128.jpg
    310.4 KB · Views: 104
  • 20220721_100130.jpg
    20220721_100130.jpg
    307.9 KB · Views: 78
  • Informative
Reactions: Edtreo
For those that say they never use mobile charger came home from an overnight shift and HPWC not charging. Took a look and found this......electrician comes in an hr but until fixed now using my mobile charger. Sure am glad I have one. Also so very happy wasn't worse than this!
Yikes, hope you turned that breaker off? Although maybe it already tripped on its own.

Reactions: ductordoc
Do you own a Tesla? I live close to the beach, and go frequently. My touchscreen looks brand new. Do what you want, but argue with someone else.
No need to get so emotional, and I'm not trying to argue. Just trying to collect information here.

No, I don't own a Tesla (yet!), but I own countless gorilla glass products and *occasionally* have been able to scratch a subset of them at the beach. But your anecdote is helpful- perhaps the formula of Gorilla glass is more scratch resistant than shatter resistant (would make sense given the application, vs. something like a phone).

From: Why your brand-new smartphone will scratch just as easily as your old one

1658415477505.png

No need to get so emotional, and I'm not trying to argue. Just trying to collect information here.

No, I don't own a Tesla (yet!), but I own countless gorilla glass products and *occasionally* have been able to scratch a subset of them at the beach. But your anecdote is helpful- perhaps the formula of Gorilla glass is more scratch resistant than shatter resistant (would make sense given the application, vs. something like a phone).

View attachment 830974
I'm a materials engineer, and yes Gorilla glass, and all its derivatives have high hardness, but sand (silica specifically) is harder and can definitely scratch glass of any kind. In fact when glass is produced silica is one of the primary ingredients. That being said, if it's just sand on your fingers, you probably won't do much damager because the pressure is offset by your squishy flesh. However if you take sand and put it on a piece of metal, or just take some glass and apply some pressure to the screen, it will definitely scratch it.

Typically speaking, there is almost no significant pressure being put on the surface of the glass when your fingers are touching it regardless of what your fingers have embedded on them.

I'm a materials engineer, and yes Gorilla glass, and all its derivatives have high hardness, but sand (silica specifically) is harder and can definitely scratch glass of any kind. In fact when glass is produced silica is one of the primary ingredients. That being said, if it's just sand on your fingers, you probably won't do much damager because the pressure is offset by your squishy flesh. However if you take sand and put it on a piece of metal, or just take some glass and apply some pressure to the screen, it will definitely scratch it.

Typically speaking, there is almost no significant pressure being put on the surface of the glass when your fingers are touching it regardless of what your fingers have embedded on them.
Awesome to have relevant experts in this forum. Thanks for the info!

Does DCU still have the best rates? I see Affinity FCU is doing 3.11% up to 72 months, with a slight .25% discount for automatic payments. I think that's better than DCU right now?
Crap, and I just applied to DCU. Are you going with affinity? Are they reputable? They have 60mon at 2.76% according to the website.

Reactions: richincle
94653534375076987879.gif

Plaid, Blue/White, 20s, no FSD/EAP

3-14-22: October
5-21: July 25 - September 19
5-27: October
6-10: June 23 - July 13
6-14: July 25 - September 5
6-16: July 9 - July 30
6-23: July 24 - September 4
7-1: July 23 - August 27
7-21: August 3 - August 7 VIN'D!!! 3547XX

46580675230376231759.jpg

I updated my line on the Order Tracking spreadsheet.

Looks like I have a pretty fresh VIN, not gonna get my hopes up for Matrix and will just enjoy the beast as is. I've come to terms with it, lol.

Last edited:

View attachment 830974
As an adult I have no concern about the screen scratching it never happened in my previous model X but with kids in the back beating the *sugar* out of the screen that is why I’m going to buy it.

Glad to see the talk about DCU/Affinity etc., because I'm feeling lucky for delivery next month and need to investigate some rate hunting for a loan. Really unfortunate that rates are just going up and up, but what can ya do.

I know this has been brought up before, but yesterday I got my first text from Tesla (May 2021 order) about a trade-in (not doing a trade), and I was wondering if anyone has experience seeing a VIN assignment in a window after you get that text.

Currently, my EDD has been holding steady for the past few weeks.

Reactions: Denglehenjiule
Glad to see the talk about DCU/Affinity etc., because I'm feeling lucky for delivery next month and need to investigate some rate hunting for a loan. Really unfortunate that rates are just going up and up, but what can ya do.

I know this has been brought up before, but yesterday I got my first text from Tesla (May 2021 order) about a trade-in (not doing a trade), and I was wondering if anyone has experience seeing a VIN assignment in a window after you get that text.

Currently, my EDD has been holding steady for the past few weeks.
I got the text, submitted the new information a week ago and haven't heard back. I did have to send several pictures since the previous offer expired over a year ago! I reached out to the contact and asked about the valuation since his communication stated I'd have an update in 24-48 hours. My EDD has held steady, Aug 7-Aug 28.

Unless you have a woody finger. LOL

• Funny
Reactions: bobusn