Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Il

l’ll gladly take your Fobs for when my MX arrives. 😆I personally prefer them to phone key.
I had a February delivery Model X Plaid I just sold. Couple pointers

-With the key the auto door for the driver opens immediately, with the phone/app sometimes it is delayed and sometimes it doesn’t even open until I kept taping the door to wake up the car. My wife and I ended up using the keys.

-I currently have a Model Y without radar and a Model S Plaid January build with radar in my driveway, I see you are from LA you are welcome to come here I’ll show you the difference between autopilot on both. The Model Y on the freeway brakes aggressively, brakes for no reason and doesn’t see every car on the screen. On the Model S with radar if you look at the screen it sees 2 cars up, my guess is the radar bounces under the vehicle directly in front of you picking up on the car in front of that one vs the cameras just being blinded by the car in front of you.

I do agree with you, I never used the mobile charger but it does give me some security knowing I have it. I’m not going to take Tesla to court it just isn’t worth it. I was thinking of maybe an email like “hey, this was promised at time of order…”

The mobile connector is backordered I am bidding on one on eBay and I already purchased two keys on eBay.

A side of me doesn’t agree with your statement of “just buy one” the other side of me does agree with you and I already gave up forked over the money for the missing components.

My 2019 Model X Performance didn’t come with rear mats and those separators for the trunk area, I was happy to see it on my 2022. I just hope they didn’t remove those items also as the Model S is missing the trunk piece the Tesla rep stating they might or might not have mobile service bringing one for it (6 months later nothing.)
Without a fob, what do you give a valet or at the car wash?

As for autopilot, without radar, we have experienced in our Plaid sudden braking. We are on a road trip through South Dakota and on wide open roads, the car slams the brakes at overpasses and also randomly with no apparent trigger in sight. Our 2018 M3 never had sudden braking. The random braking was so frequent and severe that my family had me turn it off and drive manually. I finally turned it back on but kept my thumb on the autopilot off button.

As for a mobile connector, we had a 14-50 outlet installed in our car years ago for a Volvo hybrid. When we bought our M3, I used the mobile connector as our default charging system in our garage and the additional cost and expense for a tesla connector didn’t make sense.

Carolina Coop is 2.25% up to 84 months (credit score >780)
Ill raise you 1.99 for 60/72 months thru EECU.

Reactions: rx_for_assyria
Ill raise you 1.99 for 60/72 months thru EECU.

Wow. Do you have to live in the state to qualify for these CU deals?

Yeah, 355xxx is very new. Probably not even built yet, or just finished building?
Just finished. My SA yesterday told me this is currently waiting for a truck for transport.

Ordering weather mats now...it's starting to feel real after 500 some odd days...what's the best option right now for the 6 seater? Do the pre-refresh mats still work?

Last edited:
My date range shrunken! From 8/3-9/7 to 8/5-8/26!! 5 week range to 3 week range. I’m gonna get my x in August I guess.
41E079C3-5BE8-4661-9AB5-EE10D8CB955D.jpeg

Quick q for those who used Tesla financing. When did you find out (if at all) that your rate changed? Mine has remained the same but as the edd is getting somewhat closer, I assume the old rates are no longer valid? Does Tesla require you to re submit the application? I already did that once since the initial application a year ago.

• Helpful
Reactions: bobusn
Without a fob, what do you give a valet or at the car wash?

As for autopilot, without radar, we have experienced in our Plaid sudden braking. We are on a road trip through South Dakota and on wide open roads, the car slams the brakes at overpasses and also randomly with no apparent trigger in sight. Our 2018 M3 never had sudden braking. The random braking was so frequent and severe that my family had me turn it off and drive manually. I finally turned it back on but kept my thumb on the autopilot off button.

As for a mobile connector, we had a 14-50 outlet installed in our car years ago for a Volvo hybrid. When we bought our M3, I used the mobile connector as our default charging system in our garage and the additional cost and expense for a tesla connector didn’t make sense.
I have a 2018 Model 3 with radar, and we took a road trip a few weeks ago. The phantom breaking was AWFUL!!! It happened at least once every 20 minutes.

I normally use autopilot during traffic jams so I haven’t noticed it before.