Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just finished. My SA yesterday told me this is currently waiting for a truck for transport.

Ordering weather mats now...it's starting to feel real after 500 some odd days...what's the best option right now for the 6 seater? Do the pre-refresh mats still work?
Hi - traded in a 2018 XLR 6 seater and kept my WeatherTech mats. The front mats did not fit well on the new XLR 6 seater; however, the rear and center mats did. So I kept those and bought new WeatherTechs for the front. I am having an issue with the driver's side mat - it is cupping inward by the accelerator. Called WeatherTech and was asked to remove the mat, place it upside down on a floor, squash it so the sides splayed out, and put a weight on the mat. Left it overnight and it seemed to fit fine - now the cupping is back. This may turn into a soap opera.

• Informative
Reactions: shaneinhisroom
Quick q for those who used Tesla financing. When did you find out (if at all) that your rate changed? Mine has remained the same but as the edd is getting somewhat closer, I assume the old rates are no longer valid? Does Tesla require you to re submit the application? I already did that once since the initial application a year ago.
The Tesla person at the KC SC told us that our Tesla financing had expired last December, even though there has been ZERO communication stating that. On my account page, it still shows the original rate and has not updated. He also said he'd have to re-run the application since it expired! He didn't share any rates with us.

• Informative
Reactions: jkhanesq
The Tesla person at the KC SC told us that our Tesla financing had expired last December, even though there has been ZERO communication stating that. On my account page, it still shows the original rate and has not updated. He also said he'd have to re-run the application since it expired! He didn't share any rates with us.
I believe the loan rates are only good for 30 days and then have to be re-run. It’s annoying and a good reason to wait until VIN assignment.

EECU is more restrictive - pretty much work in education in the central valley of Ca. Caroline Coop you can pay $20 to join the North Caroline Consumers Council which makes you eligible to join the CU.
It actually states for $5 to the EECU Foundation, you can be a member as well.

Or, we can help you open an account another way:
A EECU Community Foundation Membership may entitle you to join EECU. This membership is complimentary (EECU will pay the membership fee for you). With your approval, EECU will establish an EECU Community Foundation membership in your name. The membership fee will be used to support education, health and wellbeing of Texans through scholarships, financial literacy, and other charitable programs that promote personal independence. As a member of EECU Community Foundation, I have access to learn about the latest happenings and events of the foundation, including its scholarship and financial literacy programs. Learn more at EECU - About Us

EDD updated as of July 22, 2022

New: August 5 - August 25
Previous: August 11 - September 15 (had been assigned two weeks prior)
For the entire month of June, EDD had been July 31 - September 11

As indicated above, time frame window keeps shrinking: 42 days to 35 days and now 20 days

Original order date May 6, 2021 (442 days, and counting)
Still No VIN

MX LR - Midnight Silver - Cream - 5 seats - 20" - FSD

EDD updated as of July 22, 2022

New: August 5 - August 25
Previous: August 11 - September 15 (had been assigned two weeks prior)
For the entire month of June, EDD had been July 31 - September 11

As indicated above, time frame window keeps shrinking: 42 days to 35 days and now 20 days

Original order date May 6, 2021 (442 days, and counting)
Still No VIN

MX LR - Midnight Silver - Cream - 5 seats - 20" - FSD
We have almost the exact same order except I have no FSD and May 21, 2021. EDD OF Aug 1-22.
I got an on hold email two days ago and a trade in text four days ago. I’m also in the same region-ish (northeast Ohio)

So, wrap is done and came out great … as always with OCDetailing. Including some pics of the cream interior too.

92E6643E-A401-416E-9D7E-19E3A202FAF1.jpeg

85046D08-C946-4B20-89A7-4FF4E52CFBE9.jpeg6C683259-19C7-47D3-8613-489039C6BA5D.jpegF7E92888-C9E1-42E3-AA7E-1D7C0FDEE5FC.jpeg

Last edited:
Picked her up a day early. Was apprehensive about what to expect but it was damn near perfect. Could only find 2-3 small blemishes to fix, alignment, seals, fit and finish looks pretty good.

No matrix headlights, swivel screen and no key fob or mobile charger.

Whatever angst I had after waiting 568 days is now a distant memory. With the recent feedback about fit and finish, I am cautiously optimistic that everyone will have a more positive experience!

Attachments

• IMG_0873.jpg
    IMG_0873.jpg
    468.6 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0875.jpg
    IMG_0875.jpg
    525.8 KB · Views: 109
Picked her up a day early. Was apprehensive about what to expect but it was damn near perfect. Could only find 2-3 small blemishes to fix, alignment, seals, fit and finish looks pretty good.

No matrix headlights, swivel screen and no key fob or mobile charger.

Whatever angst I had after waiting 568 days is now a distant memory. With the recent feedback about fit and finish, I am cautiously optimistic that everyone will have a more positive experience!
No mobile charger even with an old order date? Did you ask for one?

Thank you, that’s really good to know! I was just speculating based on what I’ve seen on YouTube video reviews as to how the system operates. I’ve never seen the inside of a refresh Model X in person, let alone got to play with the infotainment system…
Yeah the kids can swipe around when you’ve got Disney plus pulled up and what they do on the back screen is mirrored on the front screen. So either screen controls the other when any of the theater apps are pulled up.