Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am really curious as to what the number of people who use mobile charger are. Elon says it wasn’t a lot and that’s why they stopped offering it. But I fall in the camp that uses the mobile charger everyday with a 14-50 attachment to charge my car. If they stop offering them totally I’ll have to keep the one I received with my Model Y. I’m not buying one when it used to be standard.
I use it every day it’s my only charger I have it wired into a 220 in the wall and I get about 30 mph charging I felt no need to get the wall charger. If I go on a trip I just pop it off and throw it in the truck in case I need some trickle charge somewhere else.

In terms of where to put your charger in a garage: You want to be near the garage doors, preferably towards the left side of the car.

- Near the garage doors allows you the opportunity to reach the back of a car that's in the driveway (eg, a guest car.)
- If you have a two door garage, between the two doors is best. Assumes your only electric car (for now, :cool: ) will be parked in the right slot (looking into garage from outside).
- If you have a 1 door garage, place it on the left side (looking into garage from outside).

These choices will give you maximum options to charge cars - assuming you drive into the garage and not backing in.

Relative to your circuit breaker panel: I would recommend you prioritize location as indicated above, versus ease of installation - you want to live with the charger location for the next XX years... so, it is worth it to place it in an easy to use, ergonomic height.
If it were that simple I'd have installed it already. It's not.

I'm not even sure the car will fit properly in our 1-car garage. Really need to test it out to see if it's going to live in the garage at all (and if not, I'll be mounting the wall charger outside).

Good news though: I talked to my SA and they said that my car indeed DOES come with the mobile charger. So no issues there. Not sure why some folks with grandfathered orders aren't getting theirs.

Reactions: Hebert
I use it every day it’s my only charger I have it wired into a 220 in the wall and I get about 30 mph charging I felt no need to get the wall charger. If I go on a trip I just pop it off and throw it in the truck in case I need some trickle charge somewhere else.
It’s another one of those things that’s not going to stop you from buying the car but it’s just cheap and stupid to not give people a mechanism to charge a $130,000 plus car. If you’re buying one of the premium cars you should have everything coming with it and they should build that into the price. Sell me a premium meal and then charge me five dollars for a fork to eat with that may not be in stock. It’s just petty.

For another reference my march 22 order for a LR, 6 seat, 20s, w/ fsd changed this morning from the generic Dec 22 to March 23 to Dec 12 to Feb 20. So at least there is an actual range now instead of a placeholder.
I ordered Mar 22 as well. LR, 6 seat, 20s, NO fsd. My date was originally the same Dec 22 to Mar 23, but to my surprise last week it updated to Sept 19-Oct 31. White on white must be helping me out?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: bobusn
Stopped by the West Palm Beach SC this afternoon and got some info on my 1/3/22 plaid order for red, cream,20, FSD. The car came off the line around noon on July 7, SN 3528XX and is now in Jacksonville after coming off the rail car. Delivery is set up for this Thursday July 28. I just got the VIN assigned yesterday. Last week my EDD was July 31 to August 20. Last night the EDD changed to July 23 to July 29. I got the invitation to schedule delivery just before noon today. I better get started on my go fund me page.

I ordered Mar 22 as well. LR, 6 seat, 20s, NO fsd. My date was originally the same Dec 22 to Mar 23, but to my surprise last week it updated to Sept 19-Oct 31. White on white must be helping me out?
So you ordered a 6 seat Long Range 8 months after I did and your EDD is way earlier than mine?

Attachments

• 2EAC1CDE-DAEE-47FC-B651-93136AB1D969.gif
    2EAC1CDE-DAEE-47FC-B651-93136AB1D969.gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 57
10 times a day? That's less than once an hour while awake. You're barely even checking 😄. I'm much higher than that, sadly... and only waiting about 6 weeks so far. To be fair my initial EDD was July-August and I wanted to stay on top of it to arrange loan, insurance, sell MYP, etc.
I used to, but after 8 EDD changes I sort of gave up. My last EDD check showed an Oct-Dec range and got it delivered this week, was pretty unexpected but entirely appreciated.

I used to, but after 8 EDD changes I sort of gave up. My last EDD check showed an Oct-Dec range and got it delivered this week, was pretty unexpected but entirely appreciated.
So maybe it’s the old “a watched pot never boils” thing. The day i stop checking my EDD is the day I’ll suddenly get VINNED.

So your EDD was Oct-Dec right up until suddenly out of nowhere you got a VIN? That would imply that EDD’s are meaningless, something I’ve heard over and over again on this forum

Just received my 2nd VIN today 352xxx (first disappeared two weeks ago after a few days) and my EDD is now Aug 6-10 which sounds pretty encouraging. My 2019M3P trade in dropped to $49k but I do have an offer from “Car Buyer USA” for $55k. Now I quickly have to decide if I’m going to go through with this. We saw a new ModelS yesterday and my wife said why don’t you get that instead…. ughh. Have to say I’m a bit concerned about the issues I’ve read about in this site with folks and their new MXs, although my M3P has been excellent as have the SC visits Ive had in the past. My purchase price is $131k so it’s a pretty big commitment for me. Need to make up my mind pretty darn quick!

• Funny
Reactions: Jbapckfan
Just received my 2nd VIN today 352xxx (first disappeared two weeks ago after a few days) and my EDD is now Aug 6-10 which sounds pretty encouraging. My 2019M3P trade in dropped to $49k but I do have an offer from “Car Buyer USA” for $55k. Now I quickly have to decide if I’m going to go through with this. We saw a new ModelS yesterday and my wife said why don’t you get that instead…. ughh. Have to say I’m a bit concerned about the issues I’ve read about in this site with folks and their new MXs, although my M3P has been excellent as have the SC visits Ive had in the past. My purchase price is $131k so it’s a pretty big commitment for me. Need to make up my mind pretty darn quick!
I keep changing color configurations like it’s going out of style. MX and MS are pretty different vehicles. Kids/pets, commute, performance/handling, practicality are different. Good luck.

Reactions: nBar5EV1
Model X Refresh. Day 536. Just got a firm-ish delivery date: this coming Saturday, July 30th at 10:30am. Or as we call it: 18-month Orderversary + 1 day, and counting :cool:

I also officially got a VIN today for the first time, though I was able to see it earlier in the draft MVPA, still at 7SAXCBE58NF3539XX.

Call me: Glass Half-Full And Fingers Crossed…

Model X Refresh. Day 536. Just got a firm-ish delivery date: this coming Saturday, July 30th at 10:30am. Or as we call it: 18-month Orderversary + 1 day, and counting :cool:

I also officially got a VIN today for the first time, though I was able to see it earlier in the draft MVPA, still at 7SAXCBE58NF3539XX.

Call me: Glass Half-Full And Fingers Crossed…
Good luck, looks like it's gonna happen.
Congrats 👏