Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone with white interior experience in an X have glare issues that would prevent you from ordering again? I really want the white interior and understand it is generally easy to clean with few exceptions... but is the glare a bigger issue?
In two days of driving in NorCal I have not encountered any extra glare due to white seats.

Edit : maybe my sample space it too small

• Love
Reactions: Jbapckfan
Model X Refresh. Day 536. Just got a firm-ish delivery date: this coming Saturday, July 30th at 10:30am. Or as we call it: 18-month Orderversary + 1 day, and counting :cool:

I also officially got a VIN today for the first time, though I was able to see it earlier in the draft MVPA, still at 7SAXCBE58NF3539XX.

Call me: Glass Half-Full And Fingers Crossed…
I think I got you beat. My original order was on 12/5/2020 (then upgraded to the X Refresh on 02/26/2021). From what I read, even though my Order Date for my Model XLR is 2/26/2021, it tracks back to the original order of 12/5/2020). So I'm around Day 600 or so?

Model XLR; 6 Seat; Black/Cream Interior; 20s; FSD.

Dates always jumping but finally got a July 26-August 01 DD; but no VIN yet. In NYC.

Anyone with white interior experience in an X have glare issues that would prevent you from ordering again? I really want the white interior and understand it is generally easy to clean with few exceptions... but is the glare a bigger issue?
No glare problems. I did notice however my 2019 Model X Performance seats did not get as dirty and easier to clean. My guess is the ventilated seats make it more difficult to clean or different material. Still easy to clean and maintain compared to other white leathers on other manufactures.

I think I got you beat. My original order was on 12/5/2020 (then upgraded to the X Refresh on 02/26/2021). From what I read, even though my Order Date for my Model XLR is 2/26/2021, it tracks back to the original order of 12/5/2020). So I'm around Day 600 or so?

Model XLR; 6 Seat; Black/Cream Interior; 20s; FSD.

Dates always jumping but finally got a July 26-August 01 DD; but no VIN yet. In NYC.
You definitely do have me beat!

We have identical configurations, except you are black/cream and I’m blue/cream. I didn’t officially get a VIN either (until I got a scheduled delivery date) but if you can View Documents down at the bottom of the screen and if there’s an MVPA to see there, I’ll bet your VIN is in there.

I was exactly July 26 - August 1 like you until I got the text to schedule delivery, so here’s hoping you are only hours away from The Text!

Reactions: durgood23
You definitely do have me beat!

We have identical configurations, except you are black/cream and I’m blue/cream. I didn’t officially get a VIN either (until I got a scheduled delivery date) but if you can View Documents down at the bottom of the screen and if there’s an MVPA to see there, I’ll bet your VIN is in there.

I was exactly July 26 - August 1 like you until I got the text to schedule delivery, so here’s hoping you are only hours away from The Text!
Got a VIN! Just went to check for the MVP, but saw the VIN.

7SAXCBE55NF354XXX

Sorry, not sure how to read this but can anyone shed light into the X based on the above VIN, thanks!

I got an EDD update this morning (on the app) and decided to build a little spreadsheet to see what impact the changes had.
If anyone is interested I'd be glad to post a downloadable version of this for anyone to use.

1658762049286.png

• Love
Reactions: honeyfist301
From what I've been able to tell on here, they seem to be delivering May-June 2021 orders across much of the US, so it's a little concerning that our EDDs are still Dec-Apr at this point.
It is true, but they are also still delivering 2020 orders, and orders from Jan\Feb '21, so there doesn't seem to be an obvious reason for the order getting fulfilled based on order date other than it has a slight impact to priority. It clearly isn't the most important thing.

Edit:
Here is a summary with Plaids removed. Lots of Blues and Reds, Cream interiors, 20" wheel and Canada VINs (I know there are several other Canada orders with VINs but they aren't in the sheet unfortunately). Still looks like they haven't hit the May\June orders very heavy yet, but hopefully that is coming by the end of the quarter.
1658763669648.png

Last edited:
From what I've been able to tell on here, they seem to be delivering May-June 2021 orders across much of the US, so it's a little concerning that our EDDs are still Dec-Apr at this point.
I’m aware the spreadsheet is probably delayed a little bit but both of those months are under 40% delivered still. I’m sitting with an early May order date and scheduled for the end of the third-quarter so we’ll see if it comes through this time. I feel like it’s probably going to be this quarter where those come through pretty aggressively. The supply chain stuff seems to be easing.

Reactions: Driver 8
I’m aware the spreadsheet is probably delayed a little bit but both of those months are under 40% delivered still. I’m sitting with an early May order date and scheduled for the end of the third-quarter so we’ll see if it comes through this time. I feel like it’s probably going to be this quarter where those come through pretty aggressively. The supply chain stuff seems to be easing.
Let's hope so. It is growing ever increasingly tiring both waiting on an order for 430+ days, but also watching plaids get delivered within months of ordering nowadays. 😕

Let's hope so. It is growing ever increasingly tiring both waiting on an order for 430+ days, but also watching plaids get delivered within months of ordering nowadays. 😕
Yeah it’s difficult to stomach. I wonder why they don’t just communicate a little bit about the process so people can understand it. Seems like a pretty easy/smart customer relations thing to do.

• Love
Reactions: Elixir and 1pinhigh
I have radar on our 3P and our X has no radar. I've encountered phantom braking on the first one, but so far not on the X.
I'm not sure I've gotten a phantom braking in 4000 miles in my Plaid. There are definiitely lane change slowdowns, and cars merging slow downs. A few slight shyness actions due to trucks. But overall NOA has worked pretty dang well. Biggest weakness to me are mergings and cones reducing the amount of lanes.

Presumably I'll receive my Model X in the coming months. I'm curious to know everybody else's opinion though. Which will I receive first?

1. Cybertruck that I preordered the day after the unveiling (November 2019)

-or-

2. Rivian R1S that I ordered in May 2022 which puts me behind all of the preorders from November 2019 - April 2022

-or-

3. The Cybertruck is vaporware so I'll never get it, and Rivian will go bankrupt before ever delivering my R1S

Reactions: nBar5EV1
It’s another one of those things that’s not going to stop you from buying the car but it’s just cheap and stupid to not give people a mechanism to charge a $130,000 plus car. If you’re buying one of the premium cars you should have everything coming with it and they should build that into the price. Sell me a premium meal and then charge me five dollars for a fork to eat with that may not be in stock. It’s just petty.
Its not the cost, its the availability of those parts that started to become a thorn.

Reactions: Bradlmas