Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you sell 5 yo car, the dealer won’t care about small chips and scratches as long as there aren’t an excessive number of them that your car looks like having a small pox. So, you won’t even have to worry about fixing normal wear and tear like that. PPF is never meant to increase your car value. When I sold my MY with PPF on it, the dealer didn’t even care that I had one on my car. Some personal buyers might care. But no one will give you full value for your PPF. So, having PPF is really for you to enjoy a rock chip free car. If you care about the financial part of it, PPF will never make sense.

I see. But even for your own enjoyment, cannot you just touch up the paint every a few months?

More data points from my build:

3-14-22 Plaid ordered, details in sig.
7-21 VIN'd 3547XX. I asked my SA when it was built and they said 7-21. I thought there was a lag from VIN to actual build but guess not, who knows.
7-24 Informed, in the morning, that my X had left the factory and to be on the lookout for a message to schedule my delivery appointment.

I'm picking up in Kansas City Missouri (4 hour drive from Tulsa). Other option was a Dallas delivery but it's the same drive time and Texas is stupid and requires the car to be paid in full before it can even enter the state or some such nonsense. Plus in Missouri I'll at least get paper plates. Gonna suck to do a reject and come up empty handed after an 8 hour drive so I'm hoping for the best.

EDD still shows August 3 - August 7.

I'm paying full in cash but for giggles I uploaded pics of my '18 Model 3 Performance to see what they'd offer in trade. I paid $72.2k back in '18. Looks like ~$55k is the going rate I see listed on ads so we'll see how close they can get to that. I told friends and family I'd sell $5k below market which got some interest but nothing firm just yet. I'll pursue selling to friends depending on Tesla's offer. (Or Vroom, carvana, etc. I sold another vehicle on FB Marketplace a year ago and while I got 9% more selling on marketplace ($25k private party vs almost $23k from a drive away joint, I had to deal with 3 weeks of tire kickers and fb ghosters)

Back in '18, Tesla paid for a one way Enterprise rental from Tulsa to KC so I could pickup my Model 3. My SA is waiting on feedback if I can get a rental this go round as well. Yes, I'm quibbling over a $300 rental on a $138k (after tax) car 🤣

Reactions: kriskros91
I see. But even for your own enjoyment, cannot you just touch up the paint every a few months?
I have tried a touch up kit for small chip in my old car. They covered the chip but I couldn’t make it look perfect. I could be wrong. But if you want to make the paint look perfect again, you probably have to bring it to the professional body shop. If that’s the case, who has time to bring in their car for professional body work once every few months? And after doing it multiple times, the cost is probably close to or more than PPF cost. So, IMO, if you can’t live with the rock chip on your car, PPF is the way to go. Do it once and enjoy it forever.

Reactions: Elixir
I am really curious as to what the number of people who use mobile charger are. Elon says it wasn’t a lot and that’s why they stopped offering it. But I fall in the camp that uses the mobile charger everyday with a 14-50 attachment to charge my car. If they stop offering them totally I’ll have to keep the one I received with my Model Y. I’m not buying one when it used to be standard.
Have had 4 Teslas since 2013. Have used a mobile Charger twice. Did take the one from 2019 when I picked ups new one just in case.

I am really curious as to what the number of people who use mobile charger are. Elon says it wasn’t a lot and that’s why they stopped offering it. But I fall in the camp that uses the mobile charger everyday with a 14-50 attachment to charge my car. If they stop offering them totally I’ll have to keep the one I received with my Model Y. I’m not buying one when it used to be standard.
Use mine every single day with our 14-50 outlet.

Nope. I got the hold put on my account back on July 14 in the early batch. Haven’t had my EDD shift or update and haven’t received a VIN either.
Just got the email and the hold in my account. Based on what I'm seeing, clicking on "I'm ready" has zero impact on the EDD. Am I seeing that correctly? Has anyone seen an EDD improvement after saying they're ready?

Like many others I got the 'hold' email today. What I find troubling is that any other hold you place cancels the order. When that is combined with some reports that you now only have 3 days to pick up an order that is vinned and ready for delivery there is the potential for Tesla to get rid of some older, lower priced orders. I'd like to hope they are not being sinister but it sure looks like they are not being overly customer friendly.

1658872376560.png

Like many others I got the 'hold' email today. What I find troubling is that any other hold you place cancels the order. When that is combined with some reports that you now only have 3 days to pick up an order that is vinned and ready for delivery there is the potential for Tesla to get rid of some older, lower priced orders. I'd like to hope they are not being sinister but it sure looks like they are not being overly customer friendly.

View attachment 833132
This is what worries me, but others say this is a good thing?

Please excuse my ignorance. I am leaning towards getting financing through a local CU because of better rates. What information do I send them? My EDD is July 30-Aug 19, I feel confident these dates will hold and really just want to be ready for when I get a VIN so there is no time wasted. Last time I bought a Tesla I used Tesla preferred financing and it was super easy not having to deal with a separate financial institution. Attached is a screenshot of my payment method section from my Tesla account, do I just give the the “Amount Due” and tell them how much I am putting down? Obviously tell them VIN when I get it but like I said just want to stay on top of things. Again, sorry for my ignorance, I don’t buy cars often! Lol
B62E5695-78F5-4D74-B9B1-50694F7DB663.png

Model X Refresh. Day 536. Just got a firm-ish delivery date: this coming Saturday, July 30th at 10:30am. Or as we call it: 18-month Orderversary + 1 day, and counting :cool:

I also officially got a VIN today for the first time, though I was able to see it earlier in the draft MVPA, still at 7SAXCBE58NF3539XX.

Call me: Glass Half-Full And Fingers Crossed…
It'll now happen, but yeah, just don't hold your breath until the keys are in your hand and you're driving like a bat out of hell outta there!

Now, when you get there, go to the showroom side, and they'll assign you an agent who will take you through the delivery process and help you get the car setup. Make sure to check interior trim, open all doors, cubbies, seats, etc.

As a note, I'm still having some issues over the turn signals and the gear selector - some times the "swipe" doesn't take.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: stephenstohn